Quake wars bots

(Gringo) #21

Lies lies lies, all lies!!! :smiley:

No to bots

(Sebultura) #22

Yes to bots at least if no SDK given !

And yes not all people can have damn big good connections.

(Higgins) #23

1995: age of 28kbs
1998: age of 56kbs
2000: age of 128-256kbs
2006: we now have up to 15mb lines

I think if you have a 56k modem, you should dig a hole and stick your head in it, as your no use to any one. Your either a retro freak, or a tight arse bugger.

(zeh) #24

Everybody can have big damn connections. Everybody will have a server populated with people right next to them, and always using the settings that that particular person prefer. Didn’t you get the memo? It’s how every game is nowadays.

(SCDS_reyalP) #25

Or you don’t live in a large urban area. There are millions of people (even in NA and EU)) whose only choices are POTS and satellite. Satellite can provide decent bandwidth, but the latency is worse than dialup.

Just because you can get broadband doesn’t make it available everywhere.

(Nail) #26

AOL still maintains a dial-up customer base of approx 20 million including the UK, which by the way still has 20 % of population with no access to broadband, and don’t say those people live WAYY out in country, we have a lake that could swallow most of England, it’s a very tiny place

(SniperSteve) #27

Bots are for the weak, just let a 3rd party do them. This way we get the game faster. :smiley:

(SockDog) #28

I know someone who lives in Slough and he’s unfortunate enough to be just too far from an exchange to get ADSL and in a franchise area Telewest can’t be arsed to upgrade to digital. Some people are just sh*t out of luck, he’s probably not a mile from another newer exchange. Me I moved out of Slough just to get a broadband connection, okay Slough being a craphole was an incentive too. :slight_smile:

(Ifurita) #29

As ReyalP said earlier, the real question isn’t whether bots should be included, I’m on a nice broadband connection and would love to have bots, but rather is it worth the trade off in release date, cost, CPU overhead, etc to have bots included. I’m of the opinion that it is not.

(Nail) #30

leave bots to third party developers, they need love too

(U.K.Visuals) #31

i dont know if it makes sence to implement some bots. ET has no bots either! who cares?
if this will not be done by SD, it will be added by a kind of Mod!

(Dazzamac) #32

I don’t mind bots tbh, ywo years ago I moved to my granny’s house for 3 months and had no internet at all. During that time I had to survive on BF:Vietnams mediocre bots. But if they are to implement bots in QW it should be with extra staff and money to do it so it doesn’t take resources from current development. As long as the MP comes out as good as it possibly can be I don’t care what else goes in the game. I will not however, put up with bots if they’ve taken away from the original purpose of the game. For an in-house bot to be made I reckon the best way is to concentrate on the mp section and release it. Then launch an expansion pack with a couple of new maps and an offline mode with bots. That way us MP heads get what we like and then if people decide they want bots, they have the option to buy the expansion.

(Hakuryu) #33

As long as the basic framework for bots is included in the code, someone in the community will create some for sure, and since Doom 3/etc has AI, I wouldnt be surprised to see basic functions already in the code.

(Anthrax) #34

first where i live i cannot get any form of high speed which is one of the reasons i want bots and second i think quake wars looks like a good game and i just think it would be nice if they added an offline or coop mode for lans. So sure it will be a fun game but i just think bots would make it fun for people with 56k and lans they could also make a lot more money because as said earlier millions of people still have dial up so the company could also make more profit from gamers who wouldnt buy the game without bots

(Nail) #35

afaik, you don’t need bots for lans

(Joe999) #36

what nail said, and i don’t think that quake wars would be a good game if it were a sp game or a game with bots. there’s too much intelligence in the mp gameplay that would make the game only a short-term graphics fun which would soon be layed aside. mp 4 ze pwn!

(ParanoiD) #37

I miss the poll option: “I dont care, MP pwnz, but ill be happy 4 the ones who like SP”. I dont care. I wont use the bots at all (or i would be bored and the internet would be down (so 0.1% of all time playing, if it isnt less). I would be happy for the ones who like bots. But MP needs to be good in first place cuz i dont want half made multiplayer and half made singleplayer. So the game is half finished and therefore will suck.

(psyco_mario) #38

my opinion:
leave the game without bots, will be cheaper! hopefully, and be out sooner… ect
and wait fro the modders!

(Gringo) #39

My suggestion to u anthrax is buy a different game!

(RoXxOrS) #40

iv recently bin trying to get broadband (2 meg) but i live in a rural area and have a shared line with other houses and a dax on the line so bt will have to remove it 4 me to get broadband weve asked them but they said 4-9weeks so some people still dont have it (shocking)