Proxy still excels way to well at every aspect of the game.

(bumbertyr) #1

Proxy is still in a state where she’s still just too good at everything, she repairs, defuses, and plants extremely fast due to being a tech, has mines that will instagib you, is extremely fast and puts a LOT of pressure on objectives, as well as being completely ridiculous in a 1v1 or even in a teamfight.

Her ability to get around at such ridiculous speeds coupled with her instakill mines and her 2 shots (sometimes even one shot) shotgun gives her a rather unfair advantage over the rest of the mercs. after the first nerf was implemented for her, things were fine, she was rather toned down and became a much healthier merc, then the moment the fragger vaselli changes hit she began to spiral out of control once again. It would appear vaselli and fragger were what was keeping her in check after the nerfs.

I feel bad for the poorbush whacker players (Not saying bushwhackers bad, he’s really good at holding down the fort) as proxy overshadows the choice of bushwhacker completely. She does everything he does (without the turret) and then some.

You rate her combat very low when currently she’s one of the most oppressive mercs in the game. Her only drawback is low hp, but the fact that her shotgun practically 2 shots + having massive amounts of speed completely nullifys the weakness.

My suggestion would be to lower her hp down to aura standards or at least cut the speed to a reasonable amount to match how strong the rest of her skill set it.

(Zenity) #2

She is in a great place right now, not useless but also not too strong in any particular way.

Honestly if you think she’s too strong, just keep playing with her. Nobody is really complaining about her at the moment, so if you can do well with her, that’s great for you! :slight_smile:

(Parmenion) #3

compare to bushwaker she’s op

(bumbertyr) #4

[quote=“Zenity;16802”]She is in a great place right now, not useless but also not too strong in any particular way.

Honestly if you think she’s too strong, just keep playing with her. Nobody is really complaining about her at the moment, so if you can do well with her, that’s great for you! :)[/quote]

this game revolves around fixing objectives and planting objectives as well as speed, proxy is by far the strongest in those categories, her kill potential is very high and due to her high amount of speed she can easily disengage with no repercussions as well as 2 shot even the tankiest of characters.

Each merc is supposed to excel in their own way

Fragger is good for teamfights + 1 on 1’s however is dreadful speed wise + isn’t very good at going after objectives, he’s better at defending them.

Aura is good at holding down one specific area with her medical machine whilst sawbonez is good for on the go gunfights, sawbonez is tankier with a rapid fire weapon while aura has a stronger weapon while having much less hp

Nader is good for putting pressure on objectives while relieving pressure on her own, has a weaker gun too make up for the very short cd on her grenades

Vaselli is good for hanging back and picking off high priorty targets, he also helps the team by giving vision on enemies hiding behind walls and barriers, his downside is lower hp with average speed, as well as being screwed over if someone gets up close and personal.

both arty and skyhammer are all around average mercs.

Bushwhacker is also good for defending with his turret as well as planting fixing objectives due to him being a tech, sadly for him he’s completely overshadowed by proxy.

(R5on11c) #5

The comparison to bushwhacker is a very bad one. They are both engineers, true but that’s like comparing the Scout from TF2 with the engineer from TF2 , they are being played completly differently. She was already nerfed speed wise and if you don’t engage her on elbow length, taking her out shouldn’t be a hard endavour. Keep in mind that she is a one-hit kill with the Stiletto aswell as the other melee weapons with a melee augment.

The argument that she is overshadowing the bushwhacker is neither valid nor important, at least if we just take that this is actually the case. Proxy is an offense class, and Bushwhacker a defense class. A lot of people tend to play offensively and can’t get the hang of playing defensive when they are not playing sniper. You play those 2 classes entirely differently and of course you will find the proxy a more likely to push the main objective since she is the fastest engineer class. Bushwhacker simply isn’t made for this type of objective engagement.

However, Bushwhacker exceeds incredibly at HOLDING objecives and playing important side objectives aswell as guarding objectives.

Unless you don’t intend to ninjaneer the hell out of the enemy team, playing offensive with Bushwhacker simply isn’t an option.

Please refrain from crying out for nerfs when you don’t actually look at the topic in-depth. Yes i have seen you wrote a long text, but it lacks content. Pulling random comparisons are not the way to approach an issue. Keep that in mind.

(umberInlet) #6

I have to agree with R5on11c as well. I would constantly choose Bushwacker over Proxy for defensive plays. There are also certain areas in the maps where you can place turrets in awkward spots, increasing your power by setting up ambushes. Though, even if that sounds fun, I found more ambush spots while playing defence rather than offense, but that’s me.

(Zenity) #7

Proxy can only pick on lone stragglers, she absolutely lacks firepower otherwise. You cannot complete objectives in this game with speed alone. Once you play against teams who halfway know what they are doing, you will run into a brick wall and she cannot contribute effectively to crossfire setups. She can still be a nuisance, but that’s it really. Bushwhacker is a lot more substantial in this regard, not just on defense. Both seem pretty balanced all in all, maybe one is generally a bit better than the other but neither of them is dominating the game by any means.

Again, if you think she’s OP then just play with her. She’s a great character to start out with, and as you get better you will soon realise her limitations.

(Szakalot) #8

I think Proxy is in a really good spot atm.

Also vassili nerf didn’t do anything here, as FeliX used to deal 80hp body shot, OHK against Aura; Proxy would survive regardless

(bumbertyr) #9

[quote=“R5on11c;16826”]The comparison to bushwhacker is a very bad one. They are both engineers, true but that’s like comparing the Scout from TF2 with the engineer from TF2 , they are being played completly differently. She was already nerfed speed wise and if you don’t engage her on elbow length, taking her out shouldn’t be a hard endavour. Keep in mind that she is a one-hit kill with the Stiletto aswell as the other melee weapons with a melee augment.

The argument that she is overshadowing the bushwhacker is neither valid nor important, at least if we just take that this is actually the case. Proxy is an offense class, and Bushwhacker a defense class. A lot of people tend to play offensively and can’t get the hang of playing defensive when they are not playing sniper. You play those 2 classes entirely differently and of course you will find the proxy a more likely to push the main objective since she is the fastest engineer class. Bushwhacker simply isn’t made for this type of objective engagement.

However, Bushwhacker exceeds incredibly at HOLDING objecives and playing important side objectives aswell as guarding objectives.

Unless you don’t intend to ninjaneer the hell out of the enemy team, playing offensive with Bushwhacker simply isn’t an option.

Please refrain from crying out for nerfs when you don’t actually look at the topic in-depth. Yes i have seen you wrote a long text, but it lacks content. Pulling random comparisons are not the way to approach an issue. Keep that in mind.[/quote]

Bushwhacker practically doesnt have an action skill due to his turret being oneshotted by practically everything, his defensive ability is a joke, and it is very valid and VERY important as they’re both the tech mercs, one SHOULD NOT completely overshadow the other, each should have their strengths and weaknesses.

(R5on11c) #10

If you feel that way than maybe give some optimization tipps for bushwhacker instead of dragging a well balanced class down.

(bumbertyr) #11

all bushwhacker needs is his turret to take a more abuse, proxy on the other hand needs to be cut down to size, either less speed and hp or less damage from her guns.

(vdll) #12

I don’t know why are you guys complaining about Redneck. He is not that bad and with proper turret placement can be really effective in defence.
I would love to see some secondary ability on him though, perhaps a shield (either handheld, projected on a teammate or deployable), something suitable for a mechanic.

(Szakalot) #13

[quote=“bumbertyr;16883”][quote=“R5on11c;16826”]The comparison to bushwhacker is a very bad one. They are both engineers, true but that’s like comparing the Scout from TF2 with the engineer from TF2 , they are being played completly differently. She was already nerfed speed wise and if you don’t engage her on elbow length, taking her out shouldn’t be a hard endavour. Keep in mind that she is a one-hit kill with the Stiletto aswell as the other melee weapons with a melee augment.

Please refrain from crying out for nerfs when you don’t actually look at the topic in-depth. Yes i have seen you wrote a long text, but it lacks content. Pulling random comparisons are not the way to approach an issue. Keep that in mind.[/quote]

Bushwhacker practically doesnt have an action skill due to his turret being oneshotted by practically everything, his defensive ability is a joke, and it is very valid and VERY important as they’re both the tech mercs, one SHOULD NOT completely overshadow the other, each should have their strengths and weaknesses.[/quote]

I think the turret has 140hp; so it def. doesn’t get ‘one shotted by anything’.

Turret can be extremely annoying if you are already engaged in fights. You can try to setup traps with your turrets, or just put them in front of the enemy for them to worry about.

(vdll) #14

Sometimes I drop turret during the fight to distract the opponent(s) and divide/draw attention away from me. It still feels like bullets are passing through the turret anyway, is that correct? Also, I know you can one-shot two people with sniper rifle headshot, but do other bullets pierce multiple targets too?

(Szakalot) #15

I’m pretty sure other types of bullets do NOT pass through multiple targets.

(TstarKnight) #16

while i don’t think OP, she is must buy first just because of the arm/defuse ability since this is objective base game she is must to me since most objectives revolve around planting/defusing bombs and repairing

(deerYear) #17

Dude u quoted somebody, who educated u about playstyle… Yet u ignore it and keep whining about the same wrong statement u made urself? Are you okay? Just curious

(Glot) #18

Proxy is an awesome merc. She is well balanced, with her strengths and weaknesses.