Proxy Mines Need Nerf

(kopyright) #21

Shooting mines is a valid strategy for both sides. Not being able to detonate them before they have been properly activated would be a welcome adjustment, though. Maybe SD could then raise their damage output again to make those mines useful again against non-squishy mercs.

(Begin2018) #22

@Darkwolf3802 said:
Proxy Mines Need Nerf
No, they need BUFF!

(Rokon2) #23

I don’t know about you guys, but I personally love getting blown by an inactive mine by a fast-moving, small target whose primary weapon is a shotgun with a spread so missing a blast on a mine 4-5 feet in front of you is very difficult unless the Proxy is brand new or a corpse.

I do enjoy that bit.

(Darkwolf3802) #24

@Rokon2 said:
I don’t know about you guys, but I personally love getting blown by an inactive mine by a fast-moving, small target whose primary weapon is a shotgun with a spread so missing a blast on a mine 4-5 feet in front of you is very difficult unless the Proxy is brand new or a corpse.

I do enjoy that bit.

If a mine has an activation delay shooting it would be pointless as well as then it wouldnt go off. Solves 2 issues at once

(Rokon2) #25

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@Rokon2 said:

I do enjoy that bit.

If a mine has an activation delay shooting it would be pointless as well as then it wouldnt go off. Solves 2 issues at once

That’s what I initially thought about how Proxy mines worked. I can’t just go as Bushwacker and put my Turret down and expect to get a triple. Same with Fletcher.

(Darkwolf3802) #26

@Rokon2 said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@Rokon2 said:

I do enjoy that bit.

That’s what I initially thought about how Proxy mines worked. I can’t just go as Bushwacker and put my Turret down and expect to get a triple. Same with Fletcher.

Yup. Same rules should apply to proxy yet they dont.

(GatoCommodore) #27

proxy mine only weakness is their range and their shiitty gimmicks that could kill friendlies if exploded by enemies.

you can just backpedal and shoot the mine or kill proxy before she could shoot the mine.

All the weapon in the game can kill proxy in half a second.
Git Gud dude

(Rokon2) #28

Honestly I wouldn’t have so much of a problem with it if I could at least use Guardian’s bubble to zap the mine if the Proxy throws it inside of it. It would probably make Guardian a wee bit more viable too, I think.

(GatoCommodore) #29

@Rokon2 said:
Honestly I wouldn’t have so much of a problem with it if I could at least use Guardian’s bubble to zap the mine if the Proxy throws it inside of it. It would probably make Guardian a wee bit more viable too, I think.

yea i hope proxy mine could get zapped by guardian on the next patch

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #30

@GatoCommodore said:
proxy mine only weakness is their range and their shiitty gimmicks that could kill friendlies if exploded by enemies.

you can just backpedal and shoot the mine or kill proxy before she could shoot the mine.

Git Gud dude

While I agree that its avoidable I think it’s fair to say its annoying how many Proxy players seem to only do that same tactic and nothing else; seriously, it’s rather sad how many of them are useless without abusing that gimmick. Point being, I do feel it’s way too easily abused in its current state; she used to drop the mines a bit slower than she does now, but they decided to tweak her mine deployment speed to be faster right after the Rogue en Vogue Event (the same patch which gave the Culprit Cases). In my opinion, that was a stupid idea as it just encouraged the abuse of pizza-delivery Proxy gameplay and so we are left with more one-trick-pony players running around thinking they’re good; and less incentive given to them to actually learn to aim with their guns outside of hitting their mines.

(kopyright) #31

@GatoCommodore said:

That’s like the best thing about them, and I say that as a regular Proxy player.

(GatoCommodore) #32

@-OCB-Wildcard said:

@GatoCommodore said:

Git Gud dude

While I agree that its avoidable I think it’s fair to say its annoying how many Proxy players seem to only do that same tactic and nothing else; seriously, it’s rather sad how many of them are useless without abusing that gimmick. Point being, I do feel it’s way too easily abused in its current state; she used to drop the mines a bit slower than she does now, but they decided to tweak her mine deployment speed to be faster right after the Rogue en Vogue Event (the same patch which gave the Culprit Cases). In my opinion, that was a stupid idea as it just encouraged the abuse of pizza-delivery Proxy gameplay and so we are left with more one-trick-pony players running around thinking they’re good; and less incentive given to them to actually learn to aim with their guns outside of hitting their mines.

i find that dropping the mine and then shooting it is just to slow.

Instead i just play Mine the objective or Mine the enemy chokepoint blindspot.
most of my kill are attributed to hochfir with drilled tho

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #33

I really didn’t pancake much until I heard about people complaining about it, now it went from doing it to take out a Rhino to almost every time I sneak behind someone. Sometimes it’s just necessary to survive a 2vs1 encounter. Superior aim can’t save you always, so you have to feed the enemy a nice pancake.

(Darkwolf3802) #34

@-OCB-Wildcard said:

@GatoCommodore said:

Git Gud dude

Thats the point. Proxy is a broken char with a high abuse skill called proxy mines. Fix the mines and this wont be an issue.