PROTOTYPE WEEKEND: OVERGROUND EXECUTION

(Nail) #21

so you would rather force people to play a game mode you like rather than one they like ?

(Edzer) #22

Imo the defusing bar should be removed for this mode, since the B bomb site is way too open you can just plant it on the side and hide somewhere in a building and pop someone when you see the blue bar moving.

(LGslayer) #23

Cool map. Great layout which makes you engage from one or two points. This is a good one for the gameplay. Some people hate the SND style. Make it a separate game option. Make it bigger or leave it this size with the option of objective.

I always loved having vertical feeling to a shooting game. Having height advantage plays a role, which it should. Makes you play better when you’re down below aka the whole map. The stairs are great, with some nice jumping points.

I would like to see some of those window frames removed, so we could hop onto the roof. It feels like you’re trapped when you go inside, with only one exit. The houses have solid shooting points, and windows to snipe. I can’t wait to see this map filled with beautiful colours. <- with a u

I’d just love to see other maps with different heights to it. Just a personal feeling.

Cheers!

(ChunkySpark6) #24

I love the game mode do not take it away from me please.
Just you know keep it up and I will be happy :smiley:

(MissMurder) #25

Awww @ChunkySpark6 I believe it will be in the game permanently soon enough!

(distinquishedSandwich) #26

I think we’ve heard a lot about this soon™ but will we ever get a definite time frame maybe?

(ChunkySpark6) #27

@MissMurder do you know an estimated date it will come out or do you have no idea?
As I think it is the best game mode in my opinion. :slight_smile:
-ChunkySpark6

(Dra?a Chetn1k) #28

I love the execution mode,but team deathmatch would be really awesome,you know,the objective is just to kill,not repair,plant or deliver.That would be beautiful.

(SuperSandLesbian) #29

Agreed we could use a change of pace

[quote=“ChunkySpark6;49153”]I love the game mode do not take it away from me please.
Just you know keep it up and I will be happy :smiley: [/quote]
I Belive we can agree that in map traps would make the gamemode much more tactical

(momohedge) #30

[left]@Osl112 I’ll aggree about it being rather different froim the other game mode. I’ll put that on the ‘‘perma-death’’ aspect of each round.

I love to see them diverging from the working formula that made Dirty Bomb up to now. Competition in the market place is good, having some ‘‘cs-go-esque’’ (to quote Osl112 :D) game mode is good for diversity in the game and for extending to some other sorts of fps players.

I’m hoping this can get us more players on the long term. To have Execution grow with new maps and maybe few tweeks for gameplay might lead Nexon to get us yet more innovative game modes.[/left]

(WinterShade) #31

Execution seems to be in a pretty stable balance to me at the moment (but what do I know, not a game developer, just a no-life with too much time on his hands) so I’m kind of surprised it won’t be in any sooner than that, but can we expect another test weekend sometime in the near future?

(momohedge) #32

Your Ok @WinterShade :smiley:

(momohedge) #33

One other thing I would wish for as with the divergence of Execution with ‘‘regular’’ DB is more innovation like we’ve already seen with Phantom for example.

There are still cries about imbalance and OPnis of the new charater but should we expect any less about anything new? I have to believe that Nexus are willing to be bold and let the player base get use to what’s new and develop new game styles.

Innovation is the key word here. Thing should change constantly and assuredly will as we see the game evolve. And evolution via ways unknown to the players, divergent from the current meta is only for the better.

I wont push the argument further about Phantom, only reiterate that there is correlation between cries about the character and the new game mode. Encourage new content releases and make it a challenge to understand how it changes the game you play.

Be ballsy Nexon, hold on to your cojones and make new things happen.

(WaffleShot82) #34

i think this is a fun match. (dont like COD that much) but its like Call of Dutys Search and Deystroy

(indigoKeep) #35

I think we should be able to see how many enemies are dead since there is no point hiding it, it doesn’t effect the game at all, just would be nice knowing.

(bontsa) #36

But this is already possible, you have a counter in the top middle of the screen? Blues for your brothers-in-arms and red for the bástardós trying to deny you of your birthright of blowing and defending stuff. Full icon for a live and kicking person, grey for downed, skull for ones having a date with the Death until next round.