Promotions?

(tensecondtom) #1

Is there ever going to be any other kind of Promotions going on in this? I just started a week ago I am level 6 and I get like 200credits per match and maybe 5-10k exp, way too slow going, would be nice to get a light boost with a promotional code or something. I see many good ones over the past few years but none in recent times.

(Bluesquid0630) #2

You will soon begin to recieve arsenal crates with chances of credit boosters. These double your credit gain and are only active during a match. But these come and go. If your lucky you might get an 18 hour booster

(FalC_16) #3

focus on missions buddy they refresh every 3 hours. It will significantly increase your income.

(Teflon Love) #4

Concerning XP: play Aura and learn the most important health station spots. Or get Arty, dish out ammo and destroy EV’s and (roofless) generators with your artillery.

(znuund) #5
  • Medics: (Difficulty in gathering xp from easiest to hardest: Aura >> phoenix/sawbones > sparks) For aura: learn efficient placement for the station, so it doesn’t get destroyed easily. Aura is probably the easiest to gain xp. The others are a bit harder to get easy xp, but they are better fighters. try hitting medi packs directly. it gives more xp and also lowers the cooldown for your next medi pack! Direct hit = more packs per minute = more xp!
  • Fire support classes: ((javelin >) arty > stoker > skyhammer > kira) give ammo as much as you can, not just when players request it and also try to hit the pack directly. the same mechanic as with the medi packs apply. Also if you have a stoker, don’t put the ammo station at the spawn, bring it to the front to a good position.
  • Recon: (vasili > red eye > aimee > phantom) you make easiest xp by spotting players. with vasili has heart beat sensor. if on cool down use it and throw it somewhere where it cant be destroyed easily. red eye just looks at the enemy. with aimee and phantom it is a bit harder to be effective.
  • Engineers: (proxy > bush whacker > turtle > fletcher). repair everything, arm and defuse everything. can give you a lot of xp, if the enemy destroys the ev frequently.
  • Assault: (nader > fragger > javelin > thunder) Kill everything. Only very effective if you are good and have a good medic in the team. nader is first, because she can also take part in destroying stuff (EV or generators, not primary objectives)

The sequences are of course, purely personal opinion. But I think people here will generally agree, that Aura is by far the easiest to gather exp without the need to be a killer machine. If you have good aim, this can of course change. A good fragger can gather also quite a lot of xp.
A little tip:
If you don’t like the shot gun on aura, try crafting a card with the blishlok. I just recently discovered, that a blishlok aura is pretty strong on her healing station. I will aim for the BL83 loadout with her, but I am having fun with the BL41.

(henki000) #6

Try to enjoy the game while you can. Soon you are level 40+ with all mercs and bronze loadouts. Then only thing left to do is save up for special edition cards.

(Teflon Love) #7

@henki000 said:
Try to enjoy the game while you can. Soon you are level 40+ with all mercs and bronze loadouts. Then only thing left to do is save up for special edition cards.

YMMV but I’m well past level 40 with all mercs and (relevant to me) bronze loadouts, and I still enjoy the game (at least more than other games). :slight_smile:

(Bambola) #8

Not sure why you would worry much about leveling up. I have just started this game, and I doubt I have less fun now on the Level 8 than I will have at, let’s say, level 50.

(Lawrichai) #9

So does this means gaining level is just a mean to gain loot crates?

(Teflon Love) #10

@Lawrichai said:

Essentially yes.

When ranked season 4 starts, you will probably need a minimum level in order to play ranked games. AFAIR it used to be level 7, which is pretty easy to get.

Before casual match making (CMM) there used to be servers where you needed to be level 10 or even level 20 to connect. IMHO they provided the best casual experience in dirty bomb. Sadly they currently are gone to encourage people to use CMM.

(ARandomLugia) #11

@Lawrichai said:

Basically yes, BUT after a certain amount of levels (I think it is 14 but I could be misstaken) the amount of XP required per level up stays as 400K xp. Son dont worry, you wont encounter an exponential curve anytime soon and if there is, well I havent found it yet with 700+ hours in game.