Pro Players Camping ?

(Reksazet) #1

So, i played this game for some hours now… And was on a win-spree until once when my team and i had to advance the vehicle… It was me who had to go in and repair it at the beginning, me who made frags 3v1, and they stay behind with snipers… The thing is… THEY ALL TAKE SSSSSSSNIPER! No one go repair the vehicle so that it advances… So great. So, it this a new strat that everyone should follow and i was not aware that sniping was so op that everything else was… TRASH ?

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #2

@Reksazet said:
So, i played this game for some hours now… And was on a win-spree until once when my team and i had to advance the vehicle… It was me who had to go in and repair it at the beginning, me who made frags 3v1, and they stay behind with snipers… The thing is… THEY ALL TAKE SSSSSSSNIPER! No one go repair the vehicle so that it advances… So great. So, it this a new strat that everyone should follow and i was not aware that sniping was so op that everything else was… TRASH ?

No, that isn’t the case. Also I doubt those are pro players as the amount of actual pro sniper players in the game is insanely low right now; most of them have quit or decided to take a break from the game for the moment. So you’re likely just experiencing the same issue that has plagued DB since it’s Open Beta Launch in 2015; new players who all go sniper and have no understanding of how heavy the emphasis of team play has on the odds of success in Dirty Bomb, but simply choose to play sniper due to the allure of the common persona associated with snipers (the cool lone wolf). It’s psychological to a degree but this isn’t a new problem here; and good snipers are always obnoxious to fight against, however mediocre and bad snipers are a joke and easily picked off (they are the definition of dead-weight teammates in that instance).

Prepare yourself to carry your team-mates and do everything yourself, don’t expect much support from them at all. If you dare to enter the realms of ranked please do yourself a favour and bring a couple of friends with you, otherwise you are likely to be dissapointed.

(henki000) #4

It’s not good idea to camp stationary in one spot too long or camp in close corners. But pro players indeed camp and know how to exploit positional advantage. There are locations in every map that gives you shelter, but same time you can control certain area. When there are known location of possible sniper, it should draw caution and could offtrack main plan. Spotting abilities are supposed to cover your teammates side routes and breach enemy camping ground.

One common plan in bridges first attackers spawn, is to plant sniper over van/barricade and wait until he/she drops one opponent. Then hail your squad to rip remaining opponents with superior number and get engineer repairing that EV (medic/assault on right and medic/engineer on tunnel, get that crossfire working). Sometimes it takes longer time, but it will give great advantage just waiting that right moment. If there is no communication, especially snipers or any other class it’s mostly useless.

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #5

@henki000 said:
It’s not good idea to camp stationary in one spot too long or camp in close corners. But pro players indeed camp and know how to exploit positional advantage. There are locations in every map that gives you shelter, but same time you can control certain area. When there are known location of possible sniper, it should draw caution and could offtrack main plan. Spotting abilities are supposed to cover your teammates side routes and breach enemy camping ground.

One common plan in bridges first attackers spawn, is to plant sniper over van/barricade and wait until he/she drops one opponent. Then hail your squad to rip remaining opponents with superior number and get engineer repairing that EV (medic/assault on right and medic/engineer on tunnel, get that crossfire working). Sometimes it takes longer time, but it will give great advantage just waiting that right moment. If there is no communication, especially snipers or any other class it’s mostly useless.

There is some truth to this though, I have to say, it is more true for some Merc’s than others. Fletcher is one such Merc who suffers horridly on 1st phase of Bridge if the team is uncoordinated; if they don’t back you up you may never actually be able to get close enough to repair it as Fletcher, especially if the enemy team is competent and guarding the EV and flanking routes effectively. To be fair though, Bridge is one of those maps that still needs some work done on its 1st phase; if the Defenders know how to hold it and keep a close eye on the EV the Attackers can potentially end up in a situation where repairing it is impossible, an issue from the “Old” Bridge that still exists in the “Reworked” Bridge.

Snipers, in general, need a competent team to work with to really be effective, something that could be said of all the Merc’s on the roster. There is, however, a definite difference in the amount of impact it has on their ability to be useful with Snipers; not to mention a small handful of other Merc’s (e.g. Fletcher, Rhino, Turtle, Aura, etc.).