Post your Guardian Pirin pack

(Wolven) #41

ImSploosh, we get it. You’re salty about the RNG and I agree somewhat, but it is what it is right now. SD can’t develop and fix everything at once, they need to focus and prioritize, while still keeping the cashflow. Without it, SD dies and so does DB.

Exedore made a comment about addressing the RNG system in this thread on Reddit:

I just wish that your RNG monetization system would keep up with the pace of changes in other areas of the game.

We have two designers starting this month who will focus on this! We’ve been split between so many things as a group that it’s been frustratingly hard to deliver things at the level that we want to, but we’re more than doubling the size of the design team in October. :slight_smile:

Now let this thread be a place to show off the loadouts we got from RNGesus, not debate the RNG system. There are plenty of other threads for that.

(Chris Mullins) #42

@ImSploosh, @Wo1ven sums it up quite nicely. This isn’t to say the RNG crate system will go once the deign team has grown, but we’ll definitely be in a position to internally at least think about other ways to distribute content. Dirty Bombs economy is based on RNG. If we fundamentally change that, we could get ourselves into a lot of trouble. #justgamedevthings

But as @Wo1ven also recommends, let’s get back to showing things off! Here is my bae:

(bushyg) #43

Yeah stick by your guns and shoot yourselves in the foot. These RNG cases are a joke. If the loadout cards are apparently balanced, then what’s wrong with offering all of the separate loadouts? Not game dev things, just poor choices.

Wanted to try the new gun but didn’t get it? Bad luck, just another special edition card to rot in your inventory. Want to buy another case and try your luck again? Too bad, you’re not even given the choice to waste more money. Want the new melee weapon without double time? Guess that didn’t occur to anyone involved in making the loadouts.

You don’t need to hire two new people to tell you the business model sucks, we’ve told you for free.

(Chris Mullins) #44

@bushyg Just a reminder that this is purely a cosmetic. All of Guardian’s Loadout Cards are available to pick up in the Store in Bronze. Want to try out the new guns? Go grab that Loadout Card.

This isn’t a case of whether Loadout Cards are balanced or not. In fact, I personally feel from reading through comments and watching videos that her Loadouts are some of, if not the most balanced of all our Mercs so far.

This decision all comes down to the game’s economy. We’re definitely learning a lot as we go, and we’re trying out different things to see what works best. So far this system has been pretty good, however there is room for improvement (community feedback is evident of this). We can’t simply go from one end of the spectrum to the other however on how we distribute them as the repercussions could be too great.

@stayfreshshoe said:
This decision all comes down to the game’s economy. We’re definitely learning a lot as we go, and we’re trying out different things to see what works best. So far this system has been pretty good, however there is room for improvement (community feedback is evident of this). We can’t simply go from one end of the spectrum to the other however on how we distribute them as the repercussions could be too great.

Consider a sort of trial run with a new model during our next case event, but keep the existing RNG model up as well to protect any perceived losses (although I doubt y’all would lose money by straying from it) and then compare sales at the end of the event between both systems? I understand some randomness and gambling; clinging to that rarity of a card you’ve wanted for so long. I do get all that and I think some of it is fine. But with that said, some more freedom of choice and flexibility with these skins would go a long way. The rates, the cost, giving them a sort of tangible value by allowing loadout trading, being able to break some down into a fragment-like currency to exchange for another, letting us have another attempt or choice with these skins at launch, and so on. I just know that I’d spend more money under a different model. That’s all. Cool to see you’re stopping by here more often!

Anyway, let’s stop derailing this thread now? Wanted to get that out while I had a chance 'cause the thread sort of devolved into this subject again. Back to her fancy blonde skin and her loadout talks.

(Chris Mullins) #46

A test is definitely something we could do, but there are still a lot of potential knock-ons. For example, if we tried something out that you all loved, but was actually bad for the game’s economy, we wouldn’t be able to do it again. Community backlash for us not doing it again would be so high. We could communicate the exact reasons why, however I believe that would matter very little due to how internet culture is.

Anyway, agreed! Back to conversation about the shiny things!

(K1X455) #47

The reason why I want 3 more Pirin pack a lot is because it reminds me of Parmesan cheese. It tastes good with pasta. But seriously, I wanted an M4 and Timik Pirin pack. I’m kinda not comfortable with the Hurtsall, so I’ll stick with the guns I know.

(Wolven) #48

Heh. The Hurtsall is an acquired taste. Not sure what what cheese it is, but it takes a little while getting used too. I just hit the 20 hour achievement whit Guardian in my squad. Not that I’ve played her or used the Hurstall all those 20 hours, but it’s first now that I’m beginning to get the feel for that gun. The M4 feels really good on her, while to me the Timmik is a bit of a strange cheese.

(AlbinMatt) #49

I just noticed, after two years of fulfilling past promises, the first original merc SD makes is then immediately given an exclusive card where her hair is bleached to an Aryan’s liking, and her suit is adorned with gold, the stereotypical symbol for capitalism.

Does SD have a political agenda?

@AlbinMatt said:
I just noticed, after two years of fulfilling past promises, the first original merc SD makes is then immediately given an exclusive card where her hair is bleached to an Aryan’s liking, and her suit is adorned with gold, the stereotypical symbol for capitalism.

Does SD have a political agenda?

Sounds like the perfect political agenda if you ask me! :smirk: