Possible next gun?

(TheStrangerous) #1

Since it’s getting closer to the end of November/beginning of December, when presumably next merc might come out, alongside new weapon.

This begs the question, what weapon meta void is there to be filled?

I see an equal chance in these categories, regarding primaries:
2 Bursts
2 Semi Automatic
2 LMGs

Though my money’s on a new semi automatic, a new hunting rifle, with RoF around 1 second.

(CombatMist) #2

Can we get a gun blade please! Strong pistol like revolver on left click and right click is quick slash that functions like kukri damage. This would mean no weapon swapping and automatically switch between melee and ranged. No aim down sights and no heavy melee strike as its off balanced. I had a replica of an 1800’s real gun blade. It was a flint lock with pistol with a short sword attached. The blade profile was ( shaped so the barrel could fit down it. SO from straight on it looked like this “(O”. I was told it was for hunting medium game like boars. The pistol was to wound and then fallow up to finish the downed animal with the blade. The point was as I said to use both weapon types without changing weapons and have option of both as needed. To make this gun blade balanced make it count as the secondary and melee slots.

To make it a primary/melee weapon make it a long sword with a more effective gun. Use an actual technique called 1/2 swording. With a gloved off hand you grab part way down the blade to shorten it reach but increase accuracy. This was done for close combat and to stab to help the blade not flex as much. Give the merc a chain glove so grab the sword with which would justify being able to use this gun sword without awful aim as they are holding it like a rifle. For the gun sword probably allow heavy melee strikes. For this make the weapon left click light and right click heavy. Hitting quick light/heavy slash actually fire the gun. Like a quick slash it fires the gen the returns to melee stance. Not allow or need actual aimed shot. Heck could be a shot gun + sword.

(CombatMist) #3

@TheStrangerous said:
I see an equal chance in these categories, regarding primaries:
2 Bursts
2 Semi Automatic
2 LMGs
But yes all of those are small 2 gun groups and need more. Since we got 2 new AR with jav and guardian probably not a new auto AR for a while. If the new merc is a recon and NOT A SNIPER FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING GOOOD. Then it will probably be an smg. If any gun probably an LMG. Id like to have at least 3 of each significant gun type so that in theory a merc could have have access to all 3 in loadouts. Such as how rhino has 3 shot funs.

(Guziol) #4

Shotguns.

(Your worst knifemare.) #5

A 2 burst rifle/pistol

(Ptiloui) #6

Considering we lastly had two new assault rifles, i’d place my bet on a new shotgun or semi-auto rifle/sniper rifle. Maybe an automatic shotgun like the Saiga-12 ? 12 rounds, huge spread on auto fire (compensated by the future accuracy buff on shotgun), longer recharge time.

(Terminal_6) #7

This isn’t a gun, but I want a melee weapon that can one-shot all deployables and do significant damage to objectives (generators, EV) but is slow and unwieldy against players. Maybe only has one medium speed attack, instead of quick and heavy attack.

For some reason I foresee a new SMG in the near future. It doesn’t make any sense but that’s what I’m feeling.

(DOORTOLIGHT) #8

Hopefully a semi auto or br

(CombatMist) #9

@Terminal_6 said:
This isn’t a gun, but I want a melee weapon that can one-shot all deployables and do significant damage to objectives (generators, EV) but is slow and unwieldy against players. Maybe only has one medium speed attack, instead of quick and heavy attack.

For some reason I foresee a new SMG in the near future. It doesn’t make any sense but that’s what I’m feeling.

Like some sort of emp gun. It fries the electronics. Could be a new recon special ability! Would also accept it as an electro laser to try electronics and do some damage to players with a minor debuff. As in 1/2 blurred vision/move penalty for 1 second like a weak flash bang. Ya you try to concentrate when your jolted. How about a combat cattle prod! Or similar electric stick. O wait we have that… guardians batons… they are questionable at best and lack snare… Would be great if DB started to add secondary effects to weapons particularity melee.

(Mr-Penguin) #10

@Terminal_6 said:

A (Perhaps stupid) ability idea just came to mind…
Shock Hammer
Equip a lightweight, one-handed breaching hammer that carries a lethal electric charge. Can be equipped alongside a secondary weapon (LMB fires pistol, RMB swings hammer). While it has a slow swing speed when compared to other melee weapons, the Shock Hammer instantly destroys deployables on hit and deals high damage to generators and the EV. Striking an enemy disrupts their vision and prevents them from jumping for 1.5 seconds. Deals 50 damage per hit, with no heavy attack.

As a fire support who specializes in smashing the EV with a hammer, this would be hilarious. An ability like this would probably be better suited for an engineer though.

(GatoCommodore) #11

@Mr-Penguin said:

@Terminal_6 said:

A (Perhaps stupid) ability idea just came to mind…
Shock Hammer
Equip a lightweight, one-handed breaching hammer that carries a lethal electric charge. Can be equipped alongside a secondary weapon (LMB fires pistol, RMB swings hammer). While it has a slow swing speed when compared to other melee weapons, the Shock Hammer instantly destroys deployables on hit and deals high damage to generators and the EV. Striking an enemy disrupts their vision and prevents them from jumping for 1.5 seconds. Deals 50 damage per hit, with no heavy attack.

As a fire support who specializes in smashing the EV with a hammer, this would be hilarious. An ability like this would probably be better suited for an engineer though.

wew, an engineer that can kill EV sounds really good tho.

(frostyvampire) #12

pls snipperino bcuz bad sd nerfed ma felix

(TheStrangerous) #13

Ok, we have a crossbow… ugh… but that’s an ability item…

(CombatMist) #14

I highly disapprove of bolts/arrow in same era as bullets. Unless your hawkeye and never miss they are worthless. Watched several people in the last few months demo how terrible arrows with weight on them are. Even flaming arrows you sacrifice the pointy tip or add tons of weight/cost. So you mess up the flight distance and add much more drop to deliver a few ounces of x. Say explosives, gas or some gadget. Could be anything hunters bolt charge has. Could be EMP (eliminating phantom from all use), spotter (radar, ignoring need or triangulation), some sort of gas (poison, acid, fire ect) that releases on hit or maybe just explosive. I dont want explosive or gas as the velocity should be very long compared to nearly instant of a bullet. Im guessing some sort of emp or spotter.

(Sorotia) #15

The new merc looks burly…he should get a robocop sized burst pistol!

(Ptiloui) #16

@TheStrangerous said:

And waht about a sniper crossbow with scope ? Like in Half-Life :smiley:

(GatoCommodore) #17

@Ptiloui said:

@TheStrangerous said:

And waht about a sniper crossbow with scope ? Like in Half-Life :smiley:

i dont get why they need to make the rebar hot glowing
i thought rebar is more brittle or more bendable and that means it wont have the armor piercing properties

(Da_Mummy) #18

I’d bet on either a Semi-Auto rifle or a bolt action mainly because we only have the MOA or Fel-ix for snipers and the Dreiss (just gonna ignore the Grandeur like SD)
So how about something like a Mauser 98k/Mosin Nagant type battle rifle.

(c4Te) #19

Hunters new Primary Weapon will be a Machine Pistol. What comes afterwards hasnt been decided yet but it will definitely be no Assault Rifle or Machine Pistol.

(Da_Mummy) #20

@c4Te said:
Hunters new Primary Weapon will be a Machine Pistol. but it will definitely be no Assault Rifle or Machine Pistol.

Wait what it will be a machine pistol but definitely no Assault rifle or machine pistol.