Please Seperate the Consoles and PC Players on the Forums...

(GossamerSolid) #1

I’m really tired of seeing obvious console users posts complaining that the game sucks or it’s not good because it’s not cod or the fact that they want lobbies and they QQ because they don’t have dedicated servers.

Nobody here wants to see their posts, please make a Console specific section for Brink and stick them in there.

(klinesmoker) #2

Or no one wants to see the PC posts?

The holier than thou attitude of many of my PC brethren gets very old, very quick.

(DeadEye) #3

Good thread, but badly done. I would also like a different forum for us 360 players to talk without the constant trolling by PC fanboys. It’s hard trying to help Brink’s 360 community with PC trolls ruining threads.

(GossamerSolid) #4

Good so we’re all agreeing that we don’t want to see each other’s posts.

(Chex) #5

I support this idea but without the need to hate either platform.
Sometime threads are simply confusing without knowing what platform the OP is talking about.

(Mobius32) #6

Why is it that most people seem to assume all the stupid posts come from console users if they use a PC and PC users if they use consoles? Both groups have douches/trolls/idiots. Seperating the forum will not eliminate stupid/pointless/rage threads, such as this one

Edit: And you’ve been reported. I’m tired of people like you making forums a hostile place

(GossamerSolid) #7

I’ve been reported for speaking my mind, alright comrade mobius32, we’re not in the USSR here.

(perochialjoe) #8

The two really do need to be separate, it’s pointless to mix together both PC and console players in the tech support forums when the two have vastly different issues they might run into.

(scub) #9

brink should of been a PC only game IMO.

(klinesmoker) #10

You were likely reported for creating an inflammatory thread. You can, as most people do, attempt to guise your argument under the layer of some noble cause in later posts, but truthfully people are not so stupid that they can’t see through the wool.

(jazevec) #11

[QUOTE=klinesmoker;299977]Or no one wants to see the PC posts?

The holier than thou attitude of many of my PC brethren gets very old, very quick.[/QUOTE]

Yet PC players seem to be a bit more literate - grammar, spelling etc. If that’s not an indication of something else…

The simple fact is: console players and PC players have different needs. They can’t even play on the same servers. So why artificially lump as all together ? Control method is very different too, so weapons/items/classes which are awesome on PC may not be on consoles.

PC players: “How do I disable enemy outlines ?”
Console players are more like “Why can’t I disable enemy outlines ? Everybody ! Sign this petition !”

Unnecessary irritation for both sides.

(Mobius32) #12

No, you’ve been reported for being rude and basically insulting anyone who chosses to play on a console.

(Mobius32) #13

Why? There are plenty of console gamers that love games like this (myself included). I say if a game can run on both consoles and PC, then release it for both.

Not every console player wants mindless shotter after mindless shooter

(X-Frame) #14

I think we should get separate internets. Then we’ll never have to cross paths again!

(ThePilgrim101) #15

There should be a game about this sort of conflict.

The PC gamers could be trying to maintain order in some dystopian future in which markets have been flooded by a mass influx of poor games being shelled out to the lowly console users.

And then, without getting the full story, the console gamers would rise up in some sort of resistance and the PC gamers would have to fight against them. It would be ironic because neither group fully appreciates the others side…

…Oh, wait…

(AntiCitizenJuan) #16

this is an unnecessary flame war.
I agree that the console kids need to stfu,
I am a PC gamer, but I got the game for 360 to play with some of my old friends.

There is nothing wrong with the game, these kids are all just bad idiots.
The only problem it has is the attrocious lag. Once thats gone, Its great.

(Shredow) #17

If you knew how important it was to have lobbies you’d understand why people are asking for it. I honestly find black ops to be an overhyped Derp contest which is why i got brink, For teamwork. Which you can’t do on a consol if you can’t group together which you can’t do without lobbies. See the cycle. Now I don’t mind looking at PC players posts as long as their constructive but if their just a bad attempt at trolling like yours then i really don’t care.

(mc858) #18

PC gamers account for a whopping 2% of sales for any multi platform game. Yet they are the loudest on forums

BRINK will be one more crap FPS this year - yet its homer followers will brag its better than the best selling FPS ever Black ops

yes. that sums it up

(Bakercompany) #19

You could…not read the posts?

(Shredow) #20

[QUOTE=mc858;300107]PC gamers account for a whopping 2% of sales for any multi platform game. Yet they are the loudest on forums

BRINK will be one more crap FPS this year - yet its homer followers will brag its better than the best selling FPS ever Black ops

yes. that sums it up[/QUOTE]

First off, I don’t play FPS on the PC with the exception of TF2. And i’ll be the first to inform you on how CoD is a PoS overhyped game. PC gamers may be loudest on the forums but CoD fanboys are loudest period. Also Brink has much potential with some improvement. Is it perfect? No. Is it bad? Far from it.