Please do something about the stopwatch win/lose rule

(atomicMackerel) #1

Tonight i played a competitive game on underground :
We start on defense and attackers blow the first objective just before the end of the timer and don’t manage to blow the second.
We then go on attack and blow the first objective 4 minutes fasters than our opponents. We thought it was a win but it was not. The game goes on and we try to blow the second objective but the game stops at the time our opponents blew the first objective on the other side.
And the result is a draw.
What the fuck is wrong with this game ?
We destroyed the first objective 4 minutes faster than our opponents and the game lets us as much time to blow the second objective as it took to the opposite team to blow only the first …

(Xan) #2

they changed to current state couple of updates ago

(MTLMortis) #3

Yes, has happened to me recently. It’s fairly stupid. The stopwatch is broken.

(Sergeant_Falcon) #4

I guess it’s the only fair way to decide.

(Talak) #5

[quote=“atomicMackerel;20920”]Tonight i played a competitive game on underground :
We start on defense and attackers blow the first objective just before the end of the timer and don’t manage to blow the second.
We then go on attack and blow the first objective 4 minutes fasters than our opponents. We thought it was a win but it was not. The game goes on and we try to blow the second objective but the game stops at the time our opponents blew the first objective on the other side.
And the result is a draw.
What the fuck is wrong with this game ?
We destroyed the first objective 4 minutes faster than our opponents and the game lets us as much time to blow the second objective as it took to the opposite team to blow only the first …
[/quote]

Taking your match as an example you should have absolutely deserved a win. You proved that you and your team were capapble of destroying the first objective faster and you were able to stop them from destroying the second. The moment your c4 detonated the game should have ended, not continued on to drag on only to result in a tie.

I believe stopwatch needs to be reworked because this is a problem I see happening a lot with not only the matches I’ve played but with dozens of other people I’ve talked to. Ties in any competitive game or sport is the equivilant of the participation award.

A match should only end when a winner is decided. This isn’t american football where if you’re up by three points and you have posession of the ball, take a knee and start celebrating your “victory” while the game clock is still running down.

(RedBeard) #6

You get no reward for accomplishing the same objective faster. Welcome to DB.