Player Models Documentation

(zstarsales04) #101

Hello, everybody, I am new here. Here is something might be helpful for you.www.zstar.hk www.edgei-ds.cn (many movies to download)www.tigersupermall.com

(ballking) #102

I can not tell what is preventing Splash Damage from releasing the new buildmds,
but it is needed for all who want to make a special mod or some player models.
However not for private using, but for teams intending the great mod which will
improve ET raputation and bring more people.

(maddness) #103

This is a wonderful website buddy and an informative post!!! i am new here and i found this site very interesting and informative , you are a professional blogger i think i have a great interest in such things…thank you for the post buddy and keep on posting nice stuff like this in future as well.

(jackendonald) #104

I had changed .char, .anim, .skin for mds… but some description were not suitable for mds system but mdm and mdx system.I have tested some mds in ET, but they didnt work but crush my ET.Loading player models seems to be roughly 2 parts: mesh and animation.I think this prevents mds from using in ET.

(Jameskarl) #105

Wolf ET source was release at Having recently discovered. For private using, but for teams intending the great mode which will improve ET reputation and bring more people.

(acQu) #106

Bots are getting penetrant nowadays :confused:

(ischbinz) #107

maybe a admin can remove this spam

(kamikazee) #108

Just use the button beneath a post. I just clicked it for those spam bots that were quoted above.

(wombat) #109

[QUOTE=RR2DO2;56385]

http://www.splashdamage.com/files/docs/playermodels.html

Any feedback is welcome![/QUOTE]

The URL seems to be invalid. Can you update the link?
I want to read some info on the model format but I can’t find any.

Thanks

(Nail) #110

more info here
http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showpost.php?p=185945&postcount=86

(nonoMapper) #111

Pardon me if i’m blind or asking in the wrong section but is there a document describing the limits of models that may be used ingame? I know there is a 1025 verticle limit but i also read that you can split models in parts so you can add it up to 10.000 verticles (?)

(KeMoN) #112

There is a nice page by Chruker which helps with entities, mapping limits, etc.

Quoted Homepage: >>proceed

(nonoMapper) #113

Mhmm thanks but are we sure that is for the player models? not map models

aka guns, arms etc…

(KeMoN) #114

Well, I’m not sure about that. Maybe it’s the overall modelcount, which also includes the player-models like it does with the debris of a func_explosive.

But let’s just wait for a more professional comment :tongue:

(ailmanki) #115

Couldnt find it… but found some other interesting stuff on the way.
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/9695-3d-Model-Specs-and-Limitations-for-Enemy-Territory
http://www.misfitcode.com/misfitmodel3d/olh_quakemd3.html#md3limits

(nonoMapper) #116

Thanks for the links, it helped me out :slight_smile:

(fun-Sleepy) #117

Hello evry one , i want make ET video with some episode in 3d max .
I need 3d model of players. I find only head.md3 . That 3d model only of head .
But i cant find body 3d model .
Maybe some of you know or have 3d full of players or maybe you know how i can find in folders of game full model .

(twt_thunder) #118

[QUOTE=fun-Sleepy;421733]Hello evry one , i want make ET video with some episode in 3d max .
I need 3d model of players. I find only head.md3 . That 3d model only of head .
But i cant find body 3d model .
Maybe some of you know or have 3d full of players or maybe you know how i can find in folders of game full model .[/QUOTE]

the body is an MDM file forund in models/players/temperate/allied(or axis) and is called body.mdm

(fun-Sleepy) #119

Yes that i find , how i thought. But i cant find way to import him to 3d max or change in one of formats for 3d max.
Maybe you know some way to do that . I’ll be grateful.

(twt_thunder) #120

[QUOTE=fun-Sleepy;421760]Yes that i find , how i thought. But i cant find way to import him to 3d max or change in one of formats for 3d max.
Maybe you know some way to do that . I’ll be grateful.[/QUOTE]

what playermodel do you need, they are different?