Platform-dedicated sub-forums

(Stormchild) #1

Hi all,

I know it’s not a priority or anything, but when I read the threads it’s hard sometimes to make out which version of the game is being criticized/commented, until the person says it. It usually makes many previous suggestions related to tweaking and such, useless.

The PC version has some significant differences on some points with the consoles version, at least on how much you can tweak your settings and bindings.

that’s why I think it would be nice to have separate sub forums depending on platforms, so people know faster if the discussion can be relevant to their use case or not.

Just a thought to make forum parsing easy. could maybe help the devs too, when they read it… who knows.

(KaZuK) #2

Please do it to save me going crazy.

(Salteh) #3

That relies on people to actually look for the right subforum to post in - not everyone gets it right first time.
(this post should be in ‘website feedback and suggestions’, for example ;))

I think we do not want 999999 subforums, but perhaps you can convince Badman we do :slight_smile:

(Stormchild) #4

Oops, sorry about posting it in the wrong place :slight_smile:

I agree about not having too many sub-forums, but it’s just that for some aspects (could be for technical support too), the consoles and PC version have different solutions / workaround / tips, and even… crowds, actually (meaning passive knowledge from past SD games, for example, heavily related to tweaking mechanisms and cvars on PC).

So it’s just an idea thrown like that in order to have a “slight” filtering. I guess it might make more work for you moving the ill-placed posts though :slight_smile:

(Protector) #5

[QUOTE=Salteh;317262]That relies on people to actually look for the right subforum to post in - not everyone gets it right first time.
(this post should be in ‘website feedback and suggestions’, for example ;))

I think we do not want 999999 subforums, but perhaps you can convince Badman we do :)[/QUOTE]

Right ok so you believe moving a few misplaced threads to the correct section would cause more trouble than having to police everyone from 3 different platforms all posting in the same area arguing constantly about the hatred for the other platform??

3 Sub forums for the platforms makes perfect sense and the fact everyone who posts on these forums wants it and SD haven’t done it baffles me…

(Stormchild) #6

Well, then I should say to Mr Badman (and his acolyte Rub-in ? you know, badman and rub-in)

• To limit platform wars and subsequent hate posts.
  • To help posters to get support from community, adpated to their context.

I would advocate for 3 (or 2 if you deem PS3/XboX360 close enough ?) sub-forums.

A workaround could be a sticky asking posters to include [platform] in their title when asking for support, for instance…

I think we would all gain massive amounts of tapirs in this operation. :stroggtapir:

(stealth6) #7

Have you even looked at this forums? In the BRINK support section they do have it split up per platform…
Only in the general discussion it’s not since it’s the General discussion :stuck_out_tongue:

Although I admit sometimes it is annoying when people are talking about something that makes no sense till you realize they are talking about a different platform.

(Apples) #8

Or you can remove all the consolers account, just a thought :rolleyes:

XD

(shagileo) #9

I believe there were sub-forums for each platform initially
But then it all got mixed up

It kinda looked messy at first, but 't was more organized

(Herandar) #10

GROAN. :rolleyes:

(DarkangelUK) #11

Can I just resurrect this post and see if it would be possible to implement? I’d like the general brink discussion section to remain, but have platform specific sub-sections created. The forum is a mass of arguments because of cross-platform opinion shoving, people chipping in and commenting on a platform they don’t play and the same old arguments repeating. Could we have subsections please?

(Nail) #12

the sub sections exist in the tech sections, should be enough.
if people can’t restrain themselves in the general forum, they won’t be likely to change just because there’s separation between platforms