Phoenix - You're doing it wrong

(Equanimity) #21

[quote=“Xenithos;189237”]It’s strange that this line says “Amount.” At this point, I’m bewildered, As 90% of the time I heal people I get the Restored thing, but they’re not spotted by Aimee because there’s no enemy aimee. I wonder if healing completely gets rid of spots… Probably not. I’m going to go ahead and ask this as a Question under the General tab, hopefully someone awesome comes to our rescue.

I’ve gone ahead and made it an official WIP (sort of removing it) spoilerized![/quote]

Well the ‘Amount’ value is actually ‘%s’ in the code I believe… I just copied the relevant part of the line of code for the sake of brevity (and because I have edited the text on part of the rest of it to change my ingame text for luls [there’s a guide in the guide section]). But that is the line in regards to what the code is for when it rewards ‘Restore’ XP. So I’m not sure at all really, but I thought debilitation was the name for aimee’s debuff effect, hence my presumption.

Edit: You know, I think I actually have been getting ‘Restore’ XP but I wasn’t looking for it right. I thought I’ve seen it give 100XP before and show a light blue box around the XP message. Perhaps I was thinking of something else? Regardless, the mystery continues.

(Docta) #22

Doesn’t restore mean restored to full health, so if someone is damaged and you fill their health all the way up you get the restored xp

(Jack's A'Blazin) #23

IDK I never really wanted to play Phoenix because everyone ended up getting him for free or a good loadout (is u like hochfir) so I just sticked with sawbonez because I ended up getting the Cr73 in cobalt but I have 4 silvers to trade up I was gonna just trade up for arty but now I have to choose.

(Jack's A'Blazin) #24

IDK I never really wanted to play Phoenix because everyone ended up getting him for free or a good loadout (is u like hochfir) so I just sticked with sawbonez because I ended up getting the Cr73 in cobalt but I have 4 silvers to trade up I was gonna just trade up for arty but now I have to choose.

(Xenithos) #25

That’s what I’ve always thought, and originally it’s what I put in the guide. But recent testing shows that you can get it even when you don’t fully restore someone’s hp!

(Szakalot) #26

Why is it important to know numbers? Well, think about it this way. In 6 seconds I can heal the FULL HITPOINTS of a SKYHAMMER. And this isn’t limited to just one skyhammer, but everyone around me. With just a tap, I can heal a third of a proxiy’s hitpoints to everyone around me.

this is misleading,

full heal charge takes ~1second to do.

The cooldown is 6 seconds longer than tap, providing ~twice the heal/cooldown ratio.

Very good post otherwise, good job!

I would maybe add:

• extra supplies is the best perk for phoenix, being able to heal as often as possible is much better than being able to heal for 120once and then wait forever. It particularly supports Phoenix’s aggressive peek-heal-peek playstyle. There is just so much more versatility to being able to reliably have small/big heals all over the place. Extra supplies all the way.

• as a Phoenix’s teammate, push the opponent if your Phoenix is just downed. This will force the player to either switch to you - likely giving the phoenix time to revive - or focus fire for the gib - which is usually a traded kill.

• if your teammates are fighting, its best to heal them as quickly as possible, just slightly more than a tap is enough. The worst thing that you can do is fully charge a heal that becomes useless when the player goes down and you have to switch to defibs instead. Typically, you are longjumping towards your teammate, the amount of charge you can load-up mid-air while on the way to the teammate is enough, better heal for that amount and help out with the fight.

(Xenithos) #27

[quote=“Szakalot;191367”]

Why is it important to know numbers? Well, think about it this way. In 6 seconds I can heal the FULL HITPOINTS of a SKYHAMMER. And this isn’t limited to just one skyhammer, but everyone around me. With just a tap, I can heal a third of a proxiy’s hitpoints to everyone around me.

this is misleading,

full heal charge takes ~1second to do.

The cooldown is 6 seconds longer than tap, providing ~twice the heal/cooldown ratio.

Very good post otherwise, good job!

I would maybe add:

• extra supplies is the best perk for phoenix, being able to heal as often as possible is much better than being able to heal for 120once and then wait forever. It particularly supports Phoenix’s aggressive peek-heal-peek playstyle. There is just so much more versatility to being able to reliably have small/big heals all over the place. Extra supplies all the way.

• as a Phoenix’s teammate, push the opponent if your Phoenix is just downed. This will force the player to either switch to you - likely giving the phoenix time to revive - or focus fire for the gib - which is usually a traded kill.

• if your teammates are fighting, its best to heal them as quickly as possible, just slightly more than a tap is enough. The worst thing that you can do is fully charge a heal that becomes useless when the player goes down and you have to switch to defibs instead. Typically, you are longjumping towards your teammate, the amount of charge you can load-up mid-air while on the way to the teammate is enough, better heal for that amount and help out with the fight.[/quote]

I am slightly confused as to what you are saying by “The cooldown is 6 seconds longer than tap” - I thought I explained it thoroughly throughout the post, but I’ll edit it to make that more correct throughout. @Szakalot If I fixed its wording, I would love if you post again telling me whether I fixed what you were mentioning, this helps me to know if I actually did fix it and if my guide is UTD.

Also, I have stressed that extra supplies is the best, and potent packs is also extremely useful, but I’ll go ahead and add in the way that you described it. (I’ll credit you too, so thanks!)

Edit: I think I figured out what you mean. Gonna go test to see what I meant by six seconds to do a full charge.
Edit 2: I said that completely wrong, I meant that you only get an extra six seconds to your cooldown. You’re completely right about it only taking approximately one second to do a full charge.

(Xenithos) #28

I just noticed something because of your post as well @Szakalot

I can create another section as a guide for people playing WITH a good Phoenix.
I’ve also done another update on this thread! Yay for non necroing posts!

(Szakalot) #29

thanks, looks good now.

If you are still in the mood to add stuff, regarding healing teammates in-fight: its very hard to judge how much longer your teammate is going to last. Sometimes they have 10% hp and live while you charge pulse slowly, sometimes they die almost instantly from 80%. this is why its better to go for small heals, rather than risking charging a big one that will go to waste.

(respectfulGraph) #30

I’ve found it really useful, when reviving a teammate, especially when you or another teammate is half-ish health, to revive at little over half charge and immediately pulse to top the revivee and anyone else in the vicinity up. As the defib makes you slow, this makes sure you won’t be vulnerable for long.

(Xenithos) #31

@respectfulGraph
Hello user. You have just revived a post that hasn’t been commented to since Last June… Also, the point you made has also already been covered in two spots, the main one being the last paragraph of Section 3. General Situations. Please read the entire post before commenting. It was meant to be read in it’s entirety, and has had MANY clarity and brevity passes performed on it.

If you find that something IS missing or typos, etc. Please message me privately. Thank you.

Sincerely yours, Xenithos

(Chilled Sanity) #32

Why do I feel like Xenithos has a crush on memenix

(Xenithos) #33

Too bad I have no idea who that is… :confused:

(n-x) #34

I really enjoyed your guide, but could you update the links to the pictures. They dont work anymore.

(Xenithos) #35

Thanks for letting me know. I wasn’t aware the pictures weren’t working. Looking through now.

Edit: It appears Gyazo went through an update changing the way it looks at stuff, lemme see what I can do.

Edit2 - at 1:03EST on 2/9/2107: All pictures should be working again. Also, I should probably update this soon.