Phantom isn't OP

(200ping) #1

Sometimes I wonder why I still play this @$!# game, like phantom will just become underpowered again u guys, u complain about phantom how about jav’s rocket (grenade without need to be cooked, longer distance and better control) or Nader’s eggs of death that instakills a recon except for rhino if aimed correctly or sparks revive rifle that headshots damage kills a 110 HP merc which makes players that use her aggressive instead of actually reviving teammates. Sometimes I woulder if phantom still has is place in dirty bomb because people keep on complaining.
What i think is the solution its just a thought what if phantom had like visible footprints on the ground occasionally, something bright, with his normal noise when his near an enemy. ps its just a suggestion

(TheStrangerous) #2

Because cloak and EMP should’ve been separated.
But no, SD wants to prove us wrong. And good luck trying to find him useful 'til next rework, which might or might not separate these 2 abilities.

(LifeupOmega) #3

@200ping said:
Sometimes I wonder why I still play this @$!# game, like phantom will just become underpowered again u guys

Good, his concept goes against the game anyway. He was a mistake.

u complain about phantom how about jav’s rocket (grenade without need to be cooked, longer distance and better control) or Nader’s eggs of death that instakills a recon except for rhino if aimed correctly

Projectiles with travel time just aren’t comparable to recons who can hitscan one shot from across the map or just walk up to you and not even use their gun to kill you in under a second. Travel time makes a huge difference because it gives a good amount of time (if your reactions aren’t awful) to move from the impact area.

While I’d much rather see Jav have a 45-50s CD with a larger blast radius, I can’t say I care that much about being killed by a lengthy cooldown or well flung nades because they require a degree of prediction and/or use of a long cooldown. Recons don’t have lengthy cooldowns, 4 of them can just keep one shotting players and the other one is 10 seconds into Quick Slash Katana - which makes for a very, very boring game if you were expecting actual gun duels like DB was toted for.

or sparks revive rifle that headshots damage kills a 110 HP merc which makes players that use her aggressive instead of actually reviving teammates.

Sparks has the same issue as Recons, but to a lesser degree. Ranged revives will never be able to be properly balanced alongside her damage output anyway.

Sometimes I woulder if phantom still has is place in dirty bomb because people keep on complaining.

He doesn’t, and never did.

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #4

@LifeupOmega said:

@200ping said:
Sometimes I wonder why I still play this @$!# game, like phantom will just become underpowered again u guys

Good, his concept goes against the game anyway. He was a mistake.

u complain about phantom how about jav’s rocket (grenade without need to be cooked, longer distance and better control) or Nader’s eggs of death that instakills a recon except for rhino if aimed correctly

Projectiles with travel time just aren’t comparable to recons who can hitscan one shot from across the map or just walk up to you and not even use their gun to kill you in under a second. Travel time makes a huge difference because it gives a good amount of time (if your reactions aren’t awful) to move from the impact area.

While I’d much rather see Jav have a 45-50s CD with a larger blast radius, I can’t say I care that much about being killed by a lengthy cooldown or well flung nades because they require a degree of prediction and/or use of a long cooldown. Recons don’t have lengthy cooldowns, 4 of them can just keep one shotting players and the other one is 10 seconds into Quick Slash Katana - which makes for a very, very boring game if you were expecting actual gun duels like DB was toted for.

or sparks revive rifle that headshots damage kills a 110 HP merc which makes players that use her aggressive instead of actually reviving teammates.

Sparks has the same issue as Recons, but to a lesser degree. Ranged revives will never be able to be properly balanced alongside her damage output anyway.

Sometimes I woulder if phantom still has is place in dirty bomb because people keep on complaining.

He doesn’t, and never did.

Not to mention Javs Rocket actually has a built-in delay before it fires of about 5 seconds (i.i.r.c.) so when predicting and using guided mode you will often have to pre-charge the shot for the best results (you click the button before you have visual contact, requiring you to use the sounds and your map knowledge to know where to aim it); I usually will pre-charge it as I round a corner if I know someone will be there, something that saves me some hp as it fires off before they get a chance to notice me when I do that most times.

(200ping) #5

@-OCB-Wildcard the pre charge means nothing if your good at the game, I never pre charge all I do is long jump around when in front of a enemy then fire the rocket and I get easily triple kill.

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #6

@200ping said:
@-OCB-Wildcard the pre charge means nothing if your good at the game, I never pre charge all I do is long jump around when in front of a enemy then fire the rocket and I get easily triple kill.

The logic behind your argument there is somewhat flawed as for pre-charging to do anything requires you to be good at the game inherently; no clue how this went over your head as against good players you can’t jump around like that, you’ll be dead before the rocket fires almost every time. Another thing is public matches aren’t what the game is balanced around for a reason; it’s inherently imbalanced as there are no restrictions put in place, no rules or limits to prevent merc stacking, and almost anything you can try will work to a degree in those games. Try doing that against people in mid-high golds or cobalts/elites and you will be dead before it is halfway done charging the rocket to fire; heck, try doing that against any members of the old DBN tourney teams and they’d gun you down just the same.

P.S. You’ve only been here since March 1st of 2018, for-all-intents-and-purposes you’re still relatively new, so you shouldn’t be assuming you know DB inside-out like this; you’re just setting yourself up to make a fool of yourself if you do.

(ghostdog021) #7

New player here. Its like this game got aids again. And it`s code name is Phantom!