Performance issues

(ailmanki) #1

I have arund 25-30fps, and worse and input lag of 20-30ms, sometimes higher, and the hole thing feels laggy. Its not so surprising as the cpu is weak, NS2 has troubles as well. But to my surprise new titles like Asssassins Creed 3, Carrier Command: Gaeiea Mission work fine, even if I have to choose low quality, they are perfectly playable.
So I guess DirtyBomb should run also fine? Well we are in alpha - but it would help for the stats, not having them polluted with player having fps/input lag issues.

I got this laptop(almost same, I got edition for Switzerland): acer v3-571g
dxdiag infos:
Operating System: Windows 8 Pro with Media Center 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.121119-1606)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Resolution: 1366 x 768
Driver Date: 10/10/2012
Sound: Lautsprecher (Realtek High Definition Audio)

dxdiag is missing the secondary gpu…
Graphics: GeForce GT 640M, Version 310.90

(Bananas) #2

That cpu doesn’t seem that weak o_0 At least you’re running on a quad core.

I’m CPU bound at the moment. Running on a 3.3 ghz e8400. I’ve noticed it has a lot to do with how many players are in the game. With 6 players only I’ll stay above 60 fps. When it starts creeping higher, I’ll drop into the 30’s. Full size games are hell for me. That being said, I know it’s alpha, so shrug.

I wish all maps ran like the first Camden version. 120 fps was fun. Even TDM maps run really well for me. Oh well.

(acQu) #3

I’ve noticed it has a lot to do with how many players are in the game. With 6 players only I’ll stay above 60 fps. When it starts creeping higher, I’ll drop into the 30’s. Full size games are hell for me. That being said, I know it’s alpha, so shrug.

Same CPU here, same results. That is why i enjoyed a 2v2 once the other day :slight_smile: As soon as more players come, it gets from almost playable to hell really quickly…

My system also runs other titles fairly well. Battlefield 3, as the ultimate example, runs smooth and enjoyable at low settings, no input lag, no low framerate and drops.

(zenstar) #4

When the game runs are you sure it’s defaulting to the right graphics card? You can set some profile somewhere on those laptops to always use graphics card X when starting program Y.

There were similar issues with Magicka with people using laptops with 2 cards. If the wrong card got selected then performance was horrible.