Pause ranked booster between seasons.

(DB 2 When?) #1

What about pausing the ranked boosters between seasons or at least announce well ahead how many days are left on the season? As the boosters tick down even when not in-game I feel like this is only logical.

(n-x) #2

It was announced ages ago, that the season will end with the triple ranked points event. But boosters should only tick down, when you are actually playing (like credit boosters) I give you that.

(D'@athi) #3

Problem is, they have no red line in announcing what and where.Discord, Twitter, Facebook, Forum, Ingame. Whatever is hyped at the moment. Typical SD-clusterfuck as usual.

Last time, I tried to find out the end-date of season 3. It wasn’t posted here in the forum, at least not in some obvious thread/postition. It wasn’t available in the ingame-news, because only the three most actual are shown ingame, and obviously showing it in the “ranked-section” ingame is a nono. I believe i found it in some older twitter-post at last. Gz @ PR.

And the booster, yep, clusterfuck, too. But much better than having the dev program them to only work when playing ranked (but no other gamemode). Just image what could go wrong, then.

(DB 2 When?) #4

@n-x said:
It was announced ages ago, that the season will end with the triple ranked points event. But boosters should only tick down, when you are actually playing (like credit boosters) I give you that.

Ages, as in a single youtube video 13 days ago?

(Fei-Ling) #5

If it isn’t said ingame, it was never said. People who follow social media are definitely a minority and it absolutely shouldn’t be a requirement to find out when the season ends.

And actually, first of all, I (and probably everyone else) assumed ranked boosters would work like credit boosters. That’s the obvious assumption. First disappointment. Then I assumed when Ranked season 4 ends, ranked season 5 starts. Immediately. Why would it not?

They need to change this urgently. Because two things happen when there is no ranked (for a freaking month???):

1. Many people that only play ranked will play another game. Chances are they will not return. And in the mean time they will start to shit talk the game everywhere.
  2. Some very good players will stay around and play casual. They will go 80-8 stats every game. The people they stomped will uninstall the game and never come back.

(hidden 3 - long queue times for the top players does the same btw, they make new accounts to avoid the 1-2 hour long queues, stomp some bronzes and silvers (preferably with snipers for maximum PJSalt) and cause the same issue as 2))

(hidden 4 - apparently nobody played ranked before the triple ranked points + free 7 day booster because the queue times were ridiculous. Of course they were because getting 25 ranked points per game on average feels really like a waste of time since the one skin you will get after 40 games (!) is surely not the one you want, It’s going to be a loadout that you don’t consider playable or a weapon you never use. That feels very disappointing. 40 games on average! Nobody is going to queue for 15+ minutes for 40 games per loadout/skin roll.)

I can’t believe they don’t see this. I have seen many games die because of the very same issues. It’s the vicious circle of a small player base that makes the game shrink faster and faster and while they can’t fix new player stomping that easily, having no pause between ranked seasons is a really really easy way to improve the game a lot.

• There must be no pause between ranked seasons. The new season needs to start immediately. Past season store items remain in store for 1-2 weeks. And all is gucci.
  • Increase ranked point gain per game permanently. Also have boosting events much more frequently imho.

(n-x) #6

@Otton99 said:

@n-x said:

Ages, as in a single youtube video 13 days ago?

For SD everything that isn’t one day to one hour beforehand is ages. But I agree, some more prominent placed information would have been better.

(ThePigVomit) #7

The lack of personal accountability with people these days is astounding.

You expect every single thing handed to you on a platter. What kind of schooling did y’all go through that failed to impart any sort of critical thinking skills?

FFS, use your logic.

FROM THEIR INCEPTION the ranked boosters have ALWAYS been calendar oriented and not gametime oriented.

It is not that much of a stretch to postulate why purchasable ranked boosters started disappearing from the store.

There have been 5 total seasons (including the initial pre-season). Exactly ZERO of them have started immediately after the end of the prior. What would make you think that would all of a sudden change? Does any IRL league do that? Or any e-league for that matter.

The stupid is real and palpable.

SD, keep on plugging away. There are intelligent people out there.

(Fei-Ling) #8

@ThePigVomit said:
There have been 5 total seasons (including the initial pre-season). Exactly ZERO of them have started immediately after the end of the prior. What would make you think that would all of a sudden change? Does any IRL league do that? Or any e-league for that matter.

If you are new, you do not know that in previous seasons they handled it the same way.

IRL leagues are different, they usually have historical seasonal reasoning for breaks (weather, winter) and they require actual physical work to be handled, stuff needs to be organized, sponsors have to be found, a play field must be found, rented, equipment needs to be move, be de-equipped afterwards to make room for the next renters of said arena, contracts need to be made with players, organisations, sponsors, media etc.

eLeagues? You are mistaking ranked play with tournaments. Tournaments of course have breaks because guess what, they are just like IRL league and they require the same stuff to be handled as written above.

Ranked Play never has had breaks in any game (if they had, they failed and were forgotten).

Ranked Play doesn’t need any organization. All that needs to be done is making new skins while the current season is running for the next season. I doubt this is what they do next month while ranked is down. They have these finished already.

Why is there no pause from casual play? 1 month downtime for the whole game - how does that sound to you? Stupid right? Makes no sense for casual play to require any downtime, right? Yeah, and Ranked play is no different.

(Mc1412013) #9

Still pissed they removed rank boosters a week+ before ranked ended. I wanted to max out my earning potential. Wouldnt spend money on credit boosters. I get enough of them from level up cases and only use them on double credit events.

(Teflon Love) #10

@Fei-Ling said:
(…) Of course they were because getting 25 ranked points per game on average feels really like a waste of time since the one skin you will get after 40 games (!) is surely not the one you want, (…)

Minor correction: it’s 30 ranked points on average ((50 + 10) / 2) which means it takes about 33 games to get a skin. Assuming with match making and warm up a match takes 30 minutes on average that’s more than 16 hours per ranked loadout.

It’s almost faster to unlock a new merc than to get a ranked loadout. :confounded:

(D'@athi) #11

Same thing, had to laugh when looking at the ingame-news describing Login-Event…
It will start TOMORROW…
Ah, isn’t that nice. When you read the news in 1,2,3,4,5? day(s), you will still have a tomorrow, when the event starts…
But, ok, we can have a look in the forum, there’s a link in the 64-bit-announcement-thread… that doesn’t work, because probably nobody checked it, while posting.