[Patch Notes] PHANTOM IS HERE

(Tacobandit) #61

Personally I think they should just have his sword either have a cooldown (sorta like the L4D2 style cooldown, where spamming it increases recovery time) or have his cloak only protect against partial damage.

(homesickMob) #62

This Phantom update with the fixes and stuff is great. But i’m using phantom and good god it is wayyyyy too over powered. Idk what you guys are gonna do but its sad when two phantoms can just decimate a whole team(8v8). The 5 sec cool down for the ability needs to be adjusted at the very least. None the less good update!

(bumbertyr) #63

i’ve yet to experience any issues going up against phantom, listen for his noise and look for his shadow and your fine.

(modifiedreal) #64

Invisible, tanky, speedy merc. GG.

(modifiedreal) #65

[quote=“Kay-Dubz;40851”]This gameplay vid of Phantom does not make the new merc look good.

Huge uproar across reddit, steam, and youtube about Phantom btw. Consensus says hes OP and that the devs didnt balance him well at all. I agree. There’s no reason he should have a super strong sword, a nice SMG, on top of a cloak and armor.

And how hard is it to simply get cool downs right on him and other mercs? People keep asking for cooldowns to be properly implemented.[/quote]

Holy mother. That is some balanced gameplay.

(scrub_lord) #66

Thank you based God

[spoiler]http://i.gyazo.com/f75a7a8b206ccb4728988d94a1ff77f3.jpg
[/spoiler]

(KayDubz) #67

[quote=“scrub;41095”]Thank you based God

[/spoiler]
[/quote]
Oh lord…so youre invisible for longer and have a stronger katana slice.

rage quits

lol.

(Daergar) #68

[quote=“Kay-Dubz;41162”][quote=“scrub;41095”]Thank you based God

[/spoiler]
[/quote]
Oh lord…so youre invisible for longer and have a stronger katana slice.

rage quits

lol.[/quote]

Hah, yeah, I took one look at the cards and bought the bronze one outright for credits. Never even considered that before Phantom (Sparks came close, but rolled the bronze on first try).

It’s literally a no-brainer, perfect weapons and two ideal perks that actually works.

(balu) #69

why no fix for matchmaking?

(t3hsquirr3l) #70

After one full evening of 8v8 with at least 3 Phantoms per side, the only real problems I have with him are the strength of his shield and the shortness of the cooldown.

The shield just absorbs way too much damage. It should help him approach his target, but not give him a free pass to charge headlong into your fire and leave with a kill and most of his health.

The cooldown I feel is too short largely due to the shield effect, and not so much due to stealth (I find them easy enough to spot). It’s a hefty shield to have available after just five seconds.

I’d like to see a small reduction to shield strength rather than an HP nerf, and/or a slight increase in the cooldown. It’d also be cool if we could have it mitigate damage to actual health instead of adding extra health, I think that’d balance out a little better.

I could also be persuaded that SMG/Katana combos might be a little too much. Perhaps MP/Katana and SMG/knife loadouts would be better, stressing either melee or midrange and not both. I don’t really have a problem with it personally though.

(FailJertsu) #71

Whoopee, my friend who mains spy in TF2 is gonna love this

(Glot) #72

-reduce cloak speed.
-reduce shield duration
-increase cooldown
-reduce HP (optional)
-reduce max DMG so that he doesnt 1shot light mercs with Katana,like 1shot snipers and 1shot shotguns wasnt enough for Poor Proxy :frowning:

(Glot) #73

dont forget that MG is now overheats slower!!

(Borganism) #74

[quote=“modifiedreal;41074”][quote=“Kay-Dubz;40851”]This gameplay vid of Phantom does not make the new merc look good.

Huge uproar across reddit, steam, and youtube about Phantom btw. Consensus says hes OP and that the devs didnt balance him well at all. I agree. There’s no reason he should have a super strong sword, a nice SMG, on top of a cloak and armor.

And how hard is it to simply get cool downs right on him and other mercs? People keep asking for cooldowns to be properly implemented.[/quote]

Holy mother. That is some balanced gameplay.[/quote]

If you look at the scoreboard at the end, the Fragger on the enemy team has almost the same K/D as Phantom. Give people a chance to adjust their play style to combat Phantom before you start crying OP.

I havnt bought him and likely wont, not my kind of play style. I have also played against him and found him annoying for the first 5 minutes, just like I find fletchers stickys annoying, and Proxys mines, and naders grens until I adapt.

(sKy-e.AssimassI) #75

No fun to play against… please nerf him HEAVILY! 2-3 Phantoms in enemy team and there is no point than staying on the server…

(distinquishedSandwich) #76

Disappointing patch to say the least.
Lack of bug fixes that need attention.
Small balance changes that have been commented on by the current “semi-pro” players participating in the dirty cups.
Sniper mechanic re-visiting

And I don’t recall ANYONE had asked for more aimpunch.
You know what the meta is now? Who shots first, people have been asking for less aimpunch so we can have a good old shooter, who in their right mind can call themselves an ET veteran developer and then add more Aimpunch.

Fletcher’s sticky bombs are finally getting some attention, but alas how long shall the wait be? 2 weeks?

And what about the mentioned blishloch changes that were coming? Scrapped?

And most importantly, an actual algorithm for MM.

Or do you intend on focusing on some gamemode no one gives a flying pig about with “Execution, we’re trying to be CS:GO” when everyone plays the wavespawn meta objectives game already…

(twinklingTech) #77

I wish that they would remove Phantom or heavily nerf him. It must be fun to play him because to encounter him is not so fun. There’s nothing you can do to counter him from closing the gap and for him to finish you off with one or two hits with his katana. And most of the time you don’t even see him coming.

Vassilis sensors may detect him, but with only the PDW to defend yourself (MP-400, SMG-9, Tølen MP - from wich Phantom can absorb most of the damage), there is no problem for Phantom to get close and finish you off. He is an invisible tank that runs faster than most with his melee, and to top that off; he has a cloak that acts as a sheild.

Lately, in most matches that includes a Phantom in any team; they will most likely end fast, or turn into a very unbalenced match and a killing spree for that player. Sure, i’ve seen some unskilled Phantoms, but most players can play this merc very well.

Also, the audio clue that’s supposed to give him away usually drowns in the all over chaos of battle, and when you finally notice it, it’s basicly too late anyway. (Atleast for me XD)

(xAvenger) #78

He is balanced enough. People are still developing strategies for dealing with him, and Redeye will help when he is released. I have been able to get used to playing against a team with him on it, and it gets easier with each game. Last night I was playing Phantom on Underground, and snuck past the entire team in the second half of the map to plant and we won rapidly.

On a game today on Terminal, despite having two Phantoms on the opposing team who seemed to know how to effectively play, our team adjusted its composition. In the end, even with Phantom, the opposing team did not have a ghost of a chance and lost without landing the first plant.

To effectively deal with a particular merc, the team has to adjust and win through strategy, deployment, and skill. For example, if your team has no medic, but needs one, then someone has to bite the bullet and play medic. If by chance nobody has a medic in their loadout, then that is too bad, and the team may not win. Just the way it is.

(powi_) #79

Phantom is overpowered, its really easy to see.

The real problem is, u cant really do anything to counter him. Lets say u spot him (cause he is not totally invisible, also the sound cue helps u), and then what? U still cant do anything cause his armor is too strong. He will just run towards u and kill with with 1 or 2 hits. After that he can continue this with a 6 second cooldown if im correct? well thats ridicioulus.

U really need to nerf him.

• when he gets hit his armor should turn off
    or
  • a lot higher cooldown for his ability
    or
  • when he gets hit his armor should just absorb SOME damage, so its actually possible to kill him. I think he shouldnt be harder to kill than a fragger.

If u want a balanced game, every merc needs weaknesses too. At this moment Phantom doesnt really have a weakness, u cant do anything about him, and thats bad :confused:

(Nail) #80

Vassili’s HB sensor defeats his cloak/shield completely, wtf more do you need