Partners and rules discussion for Ladder(s)

(Paul) #1

Hey Guys,

In the last weeks I’ve been working on a ladder system on Trackbase. You can challenge each other and fill in scores and it will automatically work out rankings and all that (ELO based, commonly used).

Since I’m very busy myself most of the time it would be nice to have 1 or 2 companions that can help me about with any issues that arise and with playing admin. The requirements are: in EU timezone somewhere, from Ireland to Ukraine is no issue. This requirement is so contact or chats between the team need to be easy. Therefore, it’s also requirement to have something like skype, xfire, steam, whatsapp, Samsung ChatON,. PING or any other commonly used communication way.

Next thing on the list: I think it might be a good idea to set some rules for the ladders, as first there should be a discussion if we should have different ladders for different point ladders ( I think so !) and secondly, how will we do this regarding maps?

I am proposing the following:

• Best of 3 maps, challenger picks first map and opponent picks next two maps. The reason for this is that it should be easier to defend than to attack.
  • ???

Cya around and hope for lots of replies :slight_smile:

Paul

(Domm) #2

Great work.
You can count me in if you need help!

As for rules I think that it has to change over a period of time.
The Ladder will run for a longer time than a tournament, so therefor we will run in to obstacles and problems that has to be dealt with.
A way to do it is that new rules are applied every 3 or 4 week.

Regarding multiple Ladders I think its easiest to get one running and if the result is great it can expand to more Ladders.

(Armedmanus) #3

This should be fun! Can’t wait to try it!

(Paul) #4

If we start with one ladder, I suggest we’d start with 20 points?

(Domm) #5

Anything goes with me!

(Hundopercent) #6

I think if you did 26p with 1 sniper restriction and/or no fryer it would open up a lot more builds and strategies. The Only potential negative I see is people stacking more Daves and Gus

(Armedmanus) #7

I think we should try it with a 20 or 14 pt before going to 26.
same as we did with the tournaments.

(tinker) #8

will you stop sometimes?
your nagging is quite annoying

nearly every stacked character is good.
kates, archies, spuds, megan, dee, tree, tito…
have you played against 2+ ivans ? good luck !

you either make a general rule like “maximum of 1/2/3 same character” or you leave it out.

I love ppl who stack daves. most of the time i take them as appetizer
gus is good - indeed. but the player needs to be good to use him

take out gus and there will be replacement. and people start nagging about replacement.

btw. why not all 3?
either 3 seperat ladders or just in one.
I always thought a good player is … you know … good, no matter what gamemode.
we got tournament to see, who the best people in one mode are, why not a ladder to show the players, that excel in all modes?

(Hundopercent) #9

[QUOTE=tinker;481737]will you stop sometimes?
your nagging is quite annoying

nearly every stacked character is good.
kates, archies, spuds, megan, dee, tree, tito…
have you played against 2+ ivans ? good luck !

you either make a general rule like “maximum of 1/2/3 same character” or you leave it out.

I love ppl who stack daves. most of the time i take them as appetizer
gus is good - indeed. but the player needs to be good to use him

take out gus and there will be replacement. and people start nagging about replacement.

btw. why not all 3?
either 3 seperat ladders or just in one.
I always thought a good player is … you know … good, no matter what gamemode.
we got tournament to see, who the best people in one mode are, why not a ladder to show the players, that excel in all modes?[/QUOTE]

A suggestion is now a nag? Your counter arguments are weak like your bicep muscles. Come at me when you have legit, coherent, strong arguments. Not this baseless trash you just posted.

(Domm) #10

A toon limit is a good idea. For example a 2 limit for one toon/team.
26p
OK= (Capt, 1 gus, 1 kate, 1 mdm, 2 angela)
NOK= (Capt, 1 gus, 2 mdm, 2 angela)
20p
OK= (Capt, 1 kate, 1 mdm, 2 angela)
NOK= (Capt, 2 mdm, 2 angela)
14p
OK= (Capt, 2 angela)

This makes the ladder more open for new players, i think.

(Mitsid) #11

I fully support the Rad soldiers ladder idea. But as I mentioned before I hate the idea of toon limitation. I never tell my opponent what toons should he use against me and I dont want anyone tell me what formation should I use.

(Domm) #12

So, is there anything happening?
Im totally loosing interest in RAD because the loss of competition and ranking.
( Sure, the world cup still runs… but Im not in it :wink: )

I volunteered to help the ladder… but Paul, do you want it?

As Mitsid pointed out above, there will always be impossible to meet all demands. We just have the option to discuss, because its not in-game.
Plz, lets get this running and see where it leads!

The forum is dying for every day…less and less posts… sad to see the game go in the ditch !

(Mitsid) #13

@Domm I doubt anyone from SD is reading the forum anymore. Now there is a serious issue with games not expiring but noone from SD cared even to answer this. Correct me if I am wrong

(tinker) #14

I correct you.
the forum is mainly for the players. the devs come in when totally neccessary (as far as I experienced)
if you have some problems or issues, you gotta send a support ticket - I did this and I got an answer.
It’s not like they don’t care - they have a lot to do at the moment

you want a ladder, so start it.
make a new group with “ladder” - and ~10 players might be handled easily on the paper .

(Mitsid) #15

Tinker following your advice I have submitted a support request regarding games not expiring issue. Lets see if it will work…

(Mitsid) #16

No answer so far :frowning:

(SuperNge) #17

Oh…i just know this, because i dont have much match this time. I hope they can fix it soon.

(Mitsid) #18

Finally I ve got an answer :slight_smile:

WarChestSupport (WarChest Support)

Dec 10 15:00 (GMT)

Thank you for your concerns, we are looking into it now, We will drop an update when this issue is resolved.