Overground's Ye Olde Cock Banter

(Shenaynays) #1

So let’s reminisce on the fun, anger and blood pumping last stands we had in this game mode. Let’s be completely honest here we all had our gripes with this mode and there were days where the misssions for this mode were seemingly just massive wastes of time. But by fraggars left hand did striking down into attackers spawn with kira on Market, being a true recon on the train over Overground and vollying down the hall over Gallery as nader feel amazing. Arguabily, the only place where doing dumb shit was fun and didnt end up with you getting rolled and have everyone end up getting mad.

So punters of the pub, let’s talk about the best and worst times we had in this mode. We never know maybe the pub landlord will return one day and open back up for business

@Shenaynays said:
But by fraggars left hand did striking down into attackers spawn with kira on Market, being a true recon on the train over Overground and vollying down the hall over Gallery as nader feel amazing. Arguabily, the only place where doing dumb @$!# was fun

You nailed it all right there. None of that ever got old. :smiley: I’ll never forget playing as Aura or Sparks in a final 1v1 with my plant ticking down. It’s hilarious to run circles around the pylon areas and just poke a few shots at them trying to defuse. They can’t commit to the defuse or manage to kill so they’d just frantically chase me around. By far the most entertaining things to spectate as well.

(CyberVonCyberus) #3

I remember once my team and I were getting steamrolled by the enemies on market, the score was at 4-0 and it all seemed desperate, on the fifth round we all switched to Thunder except for two people who went with Sparks. Everyone was spamming “Make me happy !” (V57)

It was like a wild herd of bisons except it was a herd of Thunders, the leader was the Alpha cobalt male thunder and his two female Sparks, the gold Thunder (me) and two bronze Thunders. We first thought it wouldn’t work although it was fun so whatever however suddenly, we started destroying the enemies, in the blink of an eye we turned the match from a losing 4-0 to a winning 6-5 for us all of that while shouting “make me happy !”.
Everyone had a great laugh at what happened, it was pure gold, we even had the opposing Vaseline so salty he started insulting us and ragequitted.

Ah… it’s moments such as these that makes a game enjoyable. I wish I could still have this much fun in DB

(Steve_Harvey) #4

Always still remember the time I was on Overground as a 1v3 playing Sparks, bomb’s going off in 5 seconds because I couldn’t fight 2 Thunders (Free Rotation). I see an Obsidian Phantom roll up on me as I crouch hiding behind the train, he QC’s Hello to me and we just start dancing as a pylon gets blown to bits in the back. I QC Goodbye to him as I get rolled up on by a Cobalt Thunder and get full headshot bursted by a Stark AR and die. Greatest end to a round ever. Ended up friending the Phantom and we’ve been great friends ever since. <3