Overdose as a remake of ET?

(odium) #21

Remove those pics, links and info please. I’ve already contacted a moderator about this.

Somebody leaked info on how to get OverDose and as such a lot of files have made their way into the public that should not. This has of course put a very bad impression on the game, as the developer only files that we allow mappers to use don’t include a functional UI. They don’t even have the latest codebase. These people are “assuming” the game will run slow or whatever without any knowledge of it. For example, people are going into the game and execing highestQuality.cfg and forgetting that AA is set to 8, SSAO is set to max (which is higher quality than any current games), Rim Lighting/SSS is on max, Filtering set to 16x, bloom and post process set to max and shadow filtering and resolution set to insane values. Of course it will run slow. Its a shader model 3.0 engine game, thats why there are so many values to tweak.

In short, the files that these people have gotten hold of, should NOT be made public in the first place, and we are all totally pissed at this. We obviously trusted somebody we shouldn’t, and for that theres a chance the entire project is having the plug pulled now. At the very least, the exe’s will be user locked, the SVN password/ip locked and the media releases will stop until we have a playable game.

So thanks to you few asshats that might have ruined a lot of hard work, because I honestly I have no clue what to do about this mess you caused us now.

(stealth6) #22

Unless you were planning on selling this commercially I don’t understand the harm.

(shagileo) #23

So this entire thread wasn’t supposed to be?

or… :confused:

(.Chris.) #24

I see no harm in the original post aside from the misleading topic name.

But the information posted afterwards including the sex toy image and performance issues are from people who shouldn’t have access to the project. I certainly wouldn’t want someone with a leaked version of my pre-alpha maps posting images and what not before I had chance to finish the map.

I’m bit cheesed off also as I was on the mailing list and had been planning on putting together a test map based on one of the concept arts and perhaps going on to make full map when certain elements of the game were implemented but now thanks to these two clowns I wont be doing anything.

(AnthonyDa) #25

Is the HOOOOOOOOOORIBLE song on the website leaked too?

($omator) #26

if youre refering to me mr. troll youre unsuccesfull. my copy went directly from gavin :slight_smile:

as for your map project i can not understand what is stopping you from making it as all the tools and info are public and the forums if you still had any problems are open.

no more lub!

(.Chris.) #27

Hard to make a map without a game.

(FFSturm) #28

umm.
Don’t know why so much neg critics leaking stuff for a game done by 2 people for free lol.

keep on the good work and don’t care about some little tapirshaters out there.

($omator) #29

maybe thats lets say ‘controled leak’ so we have a thingy to fapfap about :slight_smile:
dont see anything worth a cry leaked out here beside game exe with dlls useless without other game files thaat is out of their site now anyways

and screenshots leaking at various game dev stages are natural thing as hair falling off when you get old :slight_smile:

so please stop lubing :slight_smile:

(odium) #30

.Chris., we have something in place for developers to still be able to map for OD, we just have to be a little more focussed on who gets the things thats all. Theres a new build now anyway which makes the old one worthless as it won’t run. So, get in touch.

(General Wolfens) #31

[QUOTE=odium;258799]Remove those pics, links and info please. I’ve already contacted a moderator about this.

Somebody leaked info on how to get OverDose and as such a lot of files have made their way into the public that should not. [/QUOTE]

i dont know if that is so as you say. Because most of these informations are from the official overdose website.
And ps: you dont understand the public press. If some information gets public, its normal that the information spreads around. And its NOT wrong or illegal to spread public informations.

(Joe999) #32

last time i played ET was right before QW started. when i saw the pics, sth in me fired up. and that was quite the opposite of bad.

i haven’t heard anything before about your mod. please give us more information! what i see is definitely awesomeness on which i would very much like to get my hands on :smiley:

(gukleifo34) #33

Usually, they choose their own role model. Don’t have to be famous, just ordinary people maybe that do a big thing in their life and affected our life too.Thank you for the work you have put into this post.:penguin:
website promotion

(odium) #34

[QUOTE=General Wolfens;260272]i dont know if that is so as you say. Because most of these informations are from the official overdose website.
And ps: you dont understand the public press. If some information gets public, its normal that the information spreads around. And its NOT wrong or illegal to spread public informations.[/QUOTE]

I’m quite aware of spreading info, and actually insist on it.

But when somebody takes our files and leaks them to the public, files not yet ready for the public to even see as they were not finished, it puts another spin on this.

No matter what way you look at it, it boils down to this… Some guy we trusted ended up leaking all the files, and people had a field day moaning that it was **** because it didn’t work in some form, when it was never supposed to.

(stealth6) #35

[QUOTE=odium;266410]I’m quite aware of spreading info, and actually insist on it.

But when somebody takes our files and leaks them to the public, files not yet ready for the public to even see as they were not finished, it puts another spin on this.

No matter what way you look at it, it boils down to this… Some guy we trusted ended up leaking all the files, and people had a field day moaning that it was **** because it didn’t work in some form, when it was never supposed to.[/QUOTE]

Explain the situation on your site and keep going? Just ignore the comments?

(Dragnadh) #36

Looks nice

(Hatey) #37

[QUOTE=huPoo;258340]Sounds like yet another poor attempt to make a **** game in the name of ET. If there is no strafejumping, crosshairs, shooting while sprinting and ****, it will take all the speed away from the game. It will be just like counter strike, and we have already about 50 million games like that. Sure, the graphics look nice, but you shouldn’t make a game based on good looks…Start painting if you want to use your creativity for eyecandy only.

Pretty sure the game will be very popular anyway, but only because it’s free. I’ll probably try it too, because it’s free.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had the exact same thoughts… I was kinda excited when I watched the vid but after reading the comment about not having strafejumping and all that… its gonna be another CS clone. :confused:

Im still gonna try it out but I doubt I would ever prefer it over ET if all the key elements are removed…

(Scennative) #38

hey, when the game come out, then you can maybe download the sdk. also dont cry and add the features what you missing. When you can´t add strafejumping or other sh!t, then play a other game!

These is not a Wolfenstein game! These is a modern FPS with modern weapons and more. No WW2 Style!

(stealth6) #39

[QUOTE=Scennative;283446]hey, when the game come out, then you can maybe download the sdk. also dont cry and add the features what you missing. When you can´t add strafejumping or other sh!t, then play a other game!

These is not a Wolfenstein game! These is a modern FPS with modern weapons and more. No WW2 Style![/QUOTE]

I think the remarks were due to the title of the topic:
“remake of ET”, but it actually not much like ET at all

(Dragonji) #40

I hope there will be some good anticheat system. No sh!ts like PunkBuster or Valve Anti-Cheat…