:neutral_face: Taipei, Taiwan

:neutral_face: Beijing, China

:neutral_face: Christ Church, NZ

:neutral_face: Honolulu, HW

:neutral_face: Perth WA, Aus

:neutral_face: Buenos Aires, AG

but there’s a community server in Cape Town, SA

(Press E) #2

DB’s server providers might not have any server facilities in those areas, and if not there’s nothing they can really do about it. I don’t know the details on it though so I’m only guessing, I’m sure SD would go for some of those servers if they could, especially since we have like 50 servers for every region when only 5 or 10 get used at any time

(Nail) #3

game is totally unplayable for me now, NO CANADIAN servers and lowest ping is 143 to a server in the sewers down south

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #4

Wait are you serious? I don’t even live in Canada and this actually makes me upset.

(Nail) #5

when I complain you can bet I’m serious, we only had servers in 1 city in a country bigger than most and it was in Toronto, now none and totally unplayable ping

(Nail) #6

still only 1 server and it’s a rental, ping mid 80s at best

(DB Genome editor) #7

@Nail you’re in the prairies if I recall correctly, no? There has to be something going on with your provider or you guys are suffering from ridiculously bad routing: from the east end of the country in Quebec my ping to the US West Coast servers in under 90 and you are much closer to those than I am. My ping to the US East Coast servers is under 40 and I can play across all Western Europe with better ping that yours (I have to reach out to Moscow or Sao Paulo to get pings like that).

Definitely not a Canadian thing…

(Nail) #8

I ping 35 to Vancouver 38 to Toronto from here (Wpg) so I don’t think it’s provider

ping%20speed

(Press E) #9

Yeah, I live near Vancouver and the most I get from a New York server is about 110 on a bad day, so I’m not sure why they’d get anything over 90. Then again DB’s servers are kinda weird sometimes, I’ve had a lot of massive ping spikes every now and then, but nothing that lasted more than a couple days, let alone a week

(Nail) #10

just checked, things have improved dramatically, my highest ping in NA is now 86 with several around mid 40s

still only 1 Cdn server and it’s a rental, poor form

(Nail) #11

well, that lasted a week, now my lowest ping is 90, game is unplayable

(B_Montiel) #12

Thank Multiplay for their vision of routing.

(K1X455) #13

routing is effed up big time.

(Nail) #14

this is just a joke