Other medics are not that good in comparison with Aura

(ZombieDuck) #1

What I want to say is that Aura works best a med, but when there are 2 good aura, team becomes kind of invincible

Let me break it down for you
Lets compare Phoenix and Aura
Other players are usually scattered in the game, while defending or attacking. What Phoenix has to do is that, he needs to go the players low on health and activate healing pulse, which has a cooldown according to how much you charge it, mostly you can only heal 2-3 players at a time, they get healed, and get low on health quickly as dirty bomb is a fast game. but with aura a health station kept at a good place, it helps the team for a long time and give constant health, by the time a health station gets destroyed another is ready. A bad phoenix is of no use, a good one is to some extent, a bad aura usually doesnt revive, but that health station.
Same is the case with other mercs.

What is your opinion?

(henki000) #2

Aura is top tier merc but only when defending. Best attackers are Sawbonez or Phoenix, depends on tactics and team synergy. There should be a way to make her more versatile. Maybe reduce station cooldown and make it more vulnerable to explosions and bullets.

(Your worst knifemare.) #3

-Sparps has ranged revives and her healing source is less stationary.
-Pheonix has a less effective healing ability, but forces enemies to use extra bullets or risk knifing him unless they want to go against a fully healed medic and his team.
-Sawbones has higher health and can fully heal a teamate with a single pack.
-Both Sawbones and Pheonix have better weapon choices.
-Guardian is more of a recon than a medic, but had potential to revive a team in 1 go, and is the second most ranged of the medics.

The best medic is really just preference.

Aura is the best? Eh, hardly. All medics are viable in different situations though.

I’d rank them as follows: Sawbones-Phoenix-Aura-Sparks-Guardian.

Aura is great as a defensive medic that can hold choke points well and she’s very fast which helps getting in and out of hectic situations to revive a teammate. I suppose the shotguns are a plus as well for an ambushing playstyle, but beyond that she’s really vulnerable. Low health, somewhat long cooldown on her station, and no way to heal without it. Sawbones and Phoenix are amazing frontline, combat-oriented medics that can consistently keep their team topped off at full health. Sparks is the most challenging to play with a weak arsenal of weapons and cannot heal as effectively as the others. That said, she has an extremely useful ranged revive and she’s the fastest merc in the game. Guardian is looking like she’ll be a purely defensive medic to help protect/control objective points.

(woodchip) #5

Aura’s skill floor is definitely much lower than other mercs. You can have bad aim, which most players do, but as long as you drop your station in all the right places your team has an effective medic. This makes Aura excel hard in pubs. Why you see level 10 auras with 12k score.

Also, Aura can be killed inside her station somewhat reliably by good and better aim. Another reason why she especially shines in low-avg skill games.

(Guziol) #6

I have 2 issues with aura. She should not be able to place a new station right after the first one got destroyed. There should be some downtime.
I also think that she should have no access to blishlock because it gives her way too much range capability.

(GatoCommodore) #7

@Guziol said:
I have 2 issues with aura. She should not be able to place a new station right after the first one got destroyed. There should be some downtime.
I also think that she should have no access to blishlock because it gives her way too much range capability.

what you want aura shotgun only?
there is no such thing as mercs with limitation to short range weapon only in DB

in DB anybody shat on everybody if they are willing to throw down

(Ptiloui) #8

Aura is a sationary medic while others are moving one.
With Aura on defense, else health station is well placed and teammates can defend while staying in its radius, or they have to fall back to heal themselves, freeing room to attackers to push and control some point.
But on attack, you can’t have a smooth push because you’ll have to constantly get back on health station or wait for aura to place it closer.

With Sawbonez and Phoenix, you can heal teammates while pushing, meaning you won’t stop pushing ennemy if they can’t fight back. And those two have better fire power than aura.
Sparks and Guardian are, from my pov, complementary medics, even though a good Sparks can perfectly rez her teammates at the exact time they’re dying, countering a bit her lack of heal power. Especially in Ranked and FF ON servers.

(Guziol) #9

@GatoCommodore said:

@Guziol said:

what you want aura shotgun only?
there is no such thing as mercs with limitation to short range weapon only in DB

in DB anybody shat on everybody if they are willing to throw down

I do actually but that would be impossible. They will never change existing loadouts and i know that i’m in the minority here so it’s pointless to launch my crusade on the matter. It’s just my opinion that aura was designed with shotgun in mind and her having a long range weapon brakes her.

(watsyurdeal) #10

When did Aura suddenly become top tier???

(Xerny) #11

Every medic is good at something:

• Sparks : Reviving
  • Sawbonez : Healing
  • Guardian : Keeping everyone safe from explosives or airstrikes
  • Phoenix : Keeping himself alive while also keeping his team alive

It’s more of a preference,
Peronsally, i would chose Sparks, because:

1. She’s fast.
  2. She can keep the team standing by just zapping them
  3. She can also restore some health (but not much <_<)
  4. She can work well along other medics.

Aura isn’t really that much of an offensive medic. Well, unless you’re struggling to destroy the generator in Bridge then you can choose her. But Aura shines when she’s on defense, and if you have a Turtle and a Guardian in your team? Well, thats the definition of struggle.

(watsyurdeal) #12

I am more of a Phoneix tbh, I find I can still be pretty effective with him.