October 12th, 2016 - HOTFIX NOTES!

(RazielWarmonic) #1

Hey Dirty Players!

With Summer Squash Part III a number of issues affecting both gameplay and performance arose. To correct some of these, these changes have been made in this hotfix:

• Fixed bug where Reload could sometimes not work while sprinting or shortly after sprinting
  • Fixed bug where changing weapons could crash the game
  • Reverted some recently introduced code changes to improve performance

If you’re still experiencing issues, please let us know in the comments below!

(RickyNeuman) #2

Is Stoker still broken?

(Hunterwclf) #3

Last time I checked, Stoker couldn’t gib anyone or damage the objectives. Is it fixed ?

(pumpkinmeerkat) #4

11:13AM EST

Er, we are done with Summer Squash. It got rid of tons of bugs, however there are a few critical issues at the moment such as Stoker’s molotov. We are deploying a hotfix today to fix that issue and hopefully address some FPS issues that people are seeing.

Hopefully Stoker’s molotov did actually make the hotfix cut.

(Chris Mullins) #5

[quote=“pumpkinmeerkat;207996”]11:13AM EST

Er, we are done with Summer Squash. It got rid of tons of bugs, however there are a few critical issues at the moment such as Stoker’s molotov. We are deploying a hotfix today to fix that issue and hopefully address some FPS issues that people are seeing.

Hopefully Stoker’s molotov did actually make the hotfix cut.

[/quote]

Unfortunately we weren’t able to nail down a fix for the mollys in time so they didn’t make it to the hotfix :frowning: They’re being a little pesky, but we know it’s annoying and will try and make sure they get in the next update. Our priority was to improve frame-rate.

(pumpkinmeerkat) #6

(Perceiz) #7

Sweet, considering the fact that Stoker is my fav merc and he’s completely broken atm, I guess I just won’t play Dirty Bomb for now (until he’s fixed)

(ImSploosh) #8

So far the reload bug is gone. :smiley: Also, performance appears to be a little better, but I only played Execution today. Haven’t tested out the obj maps.

(spookify) #9

@stayfreshshoe

Performance boost is great. Got 20 - 60 more frames with this hotfix

Problems:
Huge Spike when new players Join (Is back)
Sticky Nades Allowing Enemy to Live 1 second after detonation.
Odd Kill, Kill Feedback and Hit delays

(Tanker_Ray) #10

[b]Oh my world, FINALLY.

I will deploy myself in to DB world today.[/b]

GOOD GOSH, THANKS for fixing reload bug quick.

(Noir) #11

Looks like my frame rates are back. Noice.

(RickyNeuman) #12

Since Summer Squash Part III I sometimes have problems to shoot. Kind of similar to the reload bug. If I press the left mouse button nothing happens. I have to press it again. It happend to me several times, mostly when I play sniper classes and switch between scope and no scope.

(NightfIy) #13

I’m definitely seeing this myself along with a couple of my friends who also use the bolt action sniper rifles. It doesn’t seem as bad as it was before this Hotfix, so it has improved but it’s definitely not 100% fixed

(Chris Mullins) #14

[quote=“spookify;208021”]@stayfreshshoe

Performance boost is great. Got 20 - 60 more frames with this hotfix

Problems:
Huge Spike when new players Join (Is back)
Sticky Nades Allowing Enemy to Live 1 second after detonation.
Odd Kill, Kill Feedback and Hit delays

[/quote]

Thanks for reports. I’ve passed them onto QA

(blonk) #15

I’m definitely seeing this myself along with a couple of my friends who also use the bolt action sniper rifles. It doesn’t seem as bad as it was before this Hotfix, so it has improved but it’s definitely not 100% fixed[/quote]

Well at least something positive has come out of the super squish, we’ve broken snipers

(SnakekillerX) #16

Haven’t noticed a thing wrong with snipers, and i played for several hours yesterday and this morning. Was a headshot machine… :tongue:

Is this a problem with a particular snipers, or on a particular merc? Aimee’s Felix seemed fine.

(SiegeFace) #17

[quote=“SnakekillerX;208326”]Haven’t noticed a thing wrong with snipers, and i played for several hours yesterday and this morning. Was a headshot machine… :tongue:

Is this a problem with a particular snipers, or on a particular merc? Aimee’s Felix seemed fine.[/quote]

Aimiee Fel-ix, happens far too often with me, often in the worst of circumstances, as in I need that bullet to actually be a bullet…not a potato.