Obsidian Operatives Update

(Mc1412013) #21

So basicaly these are similar to founders cards?? As in its a full model change. Not just a skin

Sory i do t have acces to my pc to look

Also would be nice to have obsidian specific taunts as well but they probably never happen as theu would need to pay the voice actors again

(neverplayseriou) #22

@Melinder said:

@SparkyShock said:

@Melinder said:
Such a shame that two of the three cards are terrible. Would have bought the pack if Arty and Stoker’s cards were good.

The Stoker one is pretty good actually. Im not a fan of the Arty card because i have that one in S3 ranked and the Fletcher one could of been better.

The Fletcher card is arguably his best card. People tend to exaggerate how important Lock-On is. In high-level play, Fletcher does not revolve around his stickies, and his gun is far more important in most scenarios.

As for the Stoker card, it really isn’t good. It includes the Timik, Double Time, Mechanic, Desert Eagle, Stiletto, all of which are not that great.

??? Fletcher is all about sticky spam if it would be about gun fights everyone would just pick bushwacker and the timik is the best full auto assault rifle in the game.

(TitaniumRapture) #23

@Mc1412013 said:
So basicaly these are similar to founders cards?? As in its a full model change. Not just a skin

Sory i do t have acces to my pc to look

Also would be nice to have obsidian specific taunts as well but they probably never happen as theu would need to pay the voice actors again

Yes full model change

(frostyvampire) #24

The skins look amazing but the loadouts are… well, meh.

I think it would be much cooler if you decreased the price to something like 7$ or 8$ but make it so you receive a skin and not a loadout card and if you combine it with a cobalt card, it will turn that cobalt card into an obsidian with that skin but keep the same augments and weapons.
If you don’t combine it with a cobalt to turn it into a card, you will still be able to use the skin but it will act as the default card (no augments, default weapon)

I myself really like those skins, but the price seems a bit too much and I don’t like the loadouts.

(SnakekillerX) #25

Agreed, I was interested until I saw the loadouts. I wouldn’t use any of those… so why spend $30.00?

(azz_abdr) #26

They sale the most used Aura’s card, why don’t they sell the most used card for this three too?

(Mc1412013) #27

@azz_abdr said:
They sale the most used Aura’s card, why don’t they sell the most used card for this three too?

Wouldnt be surprised if when these mercs are removed from store that another set gets introduced. Which would be smart for people who want to colect them all. Which there are but wouldnt have the money to buy all at one time

(xHandymanx) #28

I’m okay with the cards not being the best loadout. Because then everyone would just call the game pay to win because you can directly spend money for the best card

(TitaniumRapture) #29

@xHandymanx said:
I’m okay with the cards not being the best loadout. Because then everyone would just call the game pay to win because you can directly spend money for the best card

Well you can still buy best loadout from store for money or credits. :stuck_out_tongue:

(TheOmniscient) #30

Hearing that Fletcher isnt about his stickies one more time will pop a blood vessel. That is kinda his point, and strength, lmao. It has great weapons and perks, so its a very nice balance and great card overall. The Arty is pretty terrible, and the Stoker is decent. Mechanic is always nice, and the Timik is alright.

(MarsRover) #31

Well, what a coincidence. During the crafting week I was considering rolling a 1/9 chance for a BL21 Fletcher but ultimately I resigned since I’m only interested in this one loadout. Now I’m very glad I didn’t.

@xHandymanx said:

You can buy bronze cards for real money in the store…

(ChuckJones) #32

@stayfreshshoe
Devs if you are reading this you have an opportunity to show the community you love them. Just add the option for people to choose any loadout to receive the obsidian skin. I’d even be happy with you just changing the loadouts to actual good cards. I still bought the bundle cause the skins are so sick and I main arty and stoker, but it’s a shame that I will never be able to use the arty or stoker cards in serious play because they are just too bad. I could possibly do well with the stoker card, but the lack of explodydendron is too much of a disadvantage on arty. It would show the community that you cared if you added the option to pick your favorite loadout.

(DB Genome editor) #33

I just noticed in the video that these skins come with matching 1st person arm models, something no other skin did so far. Even the Founders loadouts have the default 1st person arm models :’(

Maybe there is hope that we will eventually see an update that gives all the existing loadouts matching skins on the arm models as well as the guns.

(Mc1412013) #34

@ChuckJones said:
@stayfreshshoe
Devs if you are reading this you have an opportunity to show the community you love them. Just add the option for people to choose any loadout to receive the obsidian skin. I’d even be happy with you just changing the loadouts to actual good cards. I still bought the bundle cause the skins are so sick and I main arty and stoker, but it’s a shame that I will never be able to use the arty or stoker cards in serious play because they are just too bad. I could possibly do well with the stoker card, but the lack of explodydendron is too much of a disadvantage on arty. It would show the community that you cared if you added the option to pick your favorite loadout.

And it needs to be retro active id be pissed if they changed it after i bought them. Id be real pissed too if they lowered the price on them as well.

(TheOmniscient) #35

@Mc1412013 said:

@ChuckJones said:
@stayfreshshoe

And it needs to be retro active id be pissed if they changed it after i bought them. Id be real pissed too if they lowered the price on them as well.

Well, if they want to upgrade to offer upgrades to a different, more competitively sought after card, I’m fine with that, lol.

(Cletus_VanDamme) #36

I’d like to say thanks to SD for adding these to the game.

As Shoe. said this has been a long requested feature.

Perhaps in the future, to make the situation a little more appealing to the customer, you could do one of the following.

1. Sell the obsidian character as a blank card that the customer can apply to a loadout of their choice.

2. Run a poll and the card that is selected is then the obsidian.

3. Use data and have the most used card as the obsidian, as you did with the Aura obsidians.

Regarding people complaining, come on, $30 ($40 AUD for me) is 1 or 2 hours work. No big deal. If you’re of school age, this is a reminder to study hard and get a good job, so you can afford to splash out on things like this once in a while.

I will say though, that some notice for things like this, the ranked obsidians and crafting week would be greatly appreciated.

I understand not wanting to give advance notice for potential additions to avoid disappointing people, but I don’t see anyone getting upset about knowing in advance about skins / events. A week or so would be sufficient.

I am genuinely excited about what you guys have coming next. Great job!

(Mc1412013) #37

Other than me playing for 2 hrs last night i didnt see any o e else with an obsidian other than the aura one here and there

(VincentRJaeger) #38

@TitaniumRapture said:

@Mc1412013 said:
How much are they

22.99 Euros? They’re 29.99 for me for some reason. SD, what is this?

Also, will they return at any future time or is this a one-time only? Would love to buy but with my economy (and with these varied prices) I am having doubts.

(ChuckJones) #39

@Mc1412013 said:

@ChuckJones said:
@stayfreshshoe

It would be cool if they added the option for people who already owned the card to keep them the same or swap to a different load-out. My point is just that for thirty dollars we should get awesome looking load-outs that are actually competitive cards. I have no idea how much work it is to re-skin weapons, but if they wanted to let us swap to the best br16 load-out for arty for example, they would just need to replace the caulden with a re-skinned selbstadt. The melee and augments don’t have skins that need making.

(DB Genome editor) #40

@ChuckJones said:
I have no idea how much work it is to re-skin weapons, but if they wanted to let us swap to the best br16 load-out for arty for example, they would just need to replace the caulden with a re-skinned selbstadt. The melee and augments don’t have skins that need making.
I’m 99.99% sure that they use templates and flat “wallpaper” patterns for the weapon skins. In other words, once they have created the patterns for a skin set, there is no additional work required to apply the skin to the weapons, the game engine takes care of it. For instance, for the Season 3 skins they created the shatter triangles pattern and assigned it to the stocks and grips portion of the weapons, and voilà, all weapons have that pattern applied to their stock and/or grip. Same for the yellow and black parts, they did not create unique skin textures for each weapon, only 3 shared patterns.

All this to say that your Tactical Black Selbstadt already exists…