No Quarter source

(Meyerinchains) #1

http://www.shitstorm.org/viewtopic.php?t=7510

(ShadowAgent) #2

can you explain me why ive been banned from a forum i never went on :o

(-SSF-Sage) #3

It can be because of email addressā€™s end (for example hotmail.com). It can be your location, isp, part of the ip, that has been banned. Maybe there were some bot problems and they needed to ban some spambots.

(Meyerinchains) #4

I can only explain that if you use the Videotron ISP in Canada. We had a problem for many months with a hacker up there who kept changing IPā€™s, but was always within the same ISP. Sorry that guy had to kill it for others in the area. But Iā€™m going to edit my original post to include the content of the topic.

(ShadowAgent) #5

lol thats true :banghead:

(PAV) #6

No quarter is a very very good MOD. I like this idea to transmit work and knowledge free, thx for the . Thank you to give your work to the codder which needs some.

(moonShield) #7

Now if this mod gets a better antilag implementation iā€™ll never touch etpro again ;).

(PAV) #8

:smiley: the etproā€™s team said the same thing !

(Meyerinchains) #9

Iā€™m in the process of moving the repository to a new host. I donā€™t know if anyoneā€™s had luck downloading it yet, but I tried to test it a few times, and it always timesout. Gonna try a new one thatā€™s a little more reliable, and Iā€™ll post the new info here when itā€™s ready. :slight_smile:

And itā€™s not really the antilag. Itā€™s just that NQ is hogging server CPU (2 to 3 times more than other mods) and we never figured out why. Once that is fixed, Iā€™m sure itā€™ll run a bit smoother too.

(kamikazee) #10

Hmmm, sounds like something we encountered in FalckonET as wellā€¦

(Meyerinchains) #11

The server cpu usage thing??

(kamikazee) #12

Well yes, but far worse. The CPU usage would really max out, causing the server to go on its knees.

(Meyerinchains) #13

Yikes, that is far worse. Ever fix it or discover its cause?

(kamikazee) #14

In the end, it turned out to be a run-away loop iterating all the entities a few times per server frame and doing some string compares. You can imagine this takes some processing power.

(Chaos101) #15

mehā€¦ cant get qagame to compile with msvs2008 beta
damn i hate the betaā€¦ but i cant find 2005 anywhereā€¦

anyway, thanks for the contribution to the open source world :slight_smile:

(Rudi) #16

The ET SDK compiles fine with VS2008 Team Edition / Professional Edition, donā€™t know about NQ, but make sure youā€™re selecting Release instead of Debug.

(Chaos101) #17

already did that :slight_smile:

anyway, i just found msvs2005, downloading now, 41.7% done

(Chaos101) #18

Iā€™m getting this now:
ā€œ\g_bot.c(7) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ā€˜ā€¦/game/be_ea.hā€™: No such file or directoryā€

this file isnt in the tracker thing, does that mean i can remove the include?

edit: i seem to be missing almost all includes g_bot.c asks for, am i missing a folder?

(Rudi) #19

Try downloading the ET SDK and then putting the NQ Source over the top of that.

(molotov) #20

heh, a little bumping but i dont wanted create a whole new topic:

noquarter 1.2.3 is released :stuck_out_tongue:

http://shitstorm.org/viewtopic.php?p=82243#82243
http://shitstorm.org/noquarter/wiki/index.php?title=No_Quarter_Mod

Merry Christmas to all!