Nice db fragmovie by lightningzor with some cool commentary:

(neverplayseriou) #1

Nice db fragmovie by lightningzor with some cool commentary:

(Xenithos) #2

It’s technically naming and shaming… But I gotta agree, I’ve seen a ton of people in gold, even higher ranks than I am, that are absolutely balls and terrible.

(onLooSe) #3

He named and shamed himself by acting like this on stream and knowingly, because he came to the chat afterwards…

(Sorotia) #4

Hell if people like that can get gold makes me wonder if even I could :wink:

lol

(Artyrim) #5

One of worst engi ,when my team suck i just do suicidal repairs like for 10-15 times but at least in 5 min i can repair it even alone.
To op
Yeah ranks in this season are strange, had in team 2 guys gold 2 with +45 hours and +70 ,totally newbies yet they had the same rank as me even tough they were bad( A LOT)

@Sorotia said:

Played with ya before and I bet you could. All low to mid gold really takes is a competent team with halfway respectable gun skill. If you can’t match most, just play the objective or medic extremely hard all game. This is what I usually end up doing when I occasionally end up against elites and cobalt masters. I’m good, but there are like 6-8 regular guys I know of every season that just have my number and they force me into objective roles. In my experience Gold Officer and Master are where things start to get tricky, but anything before that is pretty attainable for decent folks. The struggles with high gold are that you start getting matched against low cobalts and there are very few, if any, cobalts that aren’t at least queued up with a buddy or 2.

(Press E) #7

Welcome to premades in DB. If you queue up with others, your rank is automatically inflated, meanwhile a lot of my friends who didn’t want to queue with others were perpetually stuck in silver or low gold when they should have been in cobalt.

I do like this season a bit better though, even if premades are still there to ruin the game’s balance. Before it would take so long to rank up anyways that people would usually just give up before they even reached their proper rank.

Unfortunately this issue isn’t a thing for this season alone. I notice plenty of people who do not belong in the rank they are in currently. A part of this problem is definitely that players are still cheesing their way up the ranks by stacking mercs. Double Aura, triple Fragger, you name it. It’s not fun, fair nor competitive, hence my number one wish for ranked is to introduce merc limits.

Removed the video link due to no naming & shaming.

(Sorotia) #9

@Wintergreen said:

@Sorotia said:

Played with ya before and I bet you could. All low to mid gold really takes is a competent team with halfway respectable gun skill. If you can’t match most, just play the objective or medic extremely hard all game. This is what I usually end up doing when I occasionally end up against elites and cobalt masters. I’m good, but there are like 6-8 regular guys I know of every season that just have my number and they force me into objective roles. In my experience Gold Officer and Master are where things start to get tricky, but anything before that is pretty attainable for decent folks. The struggles with high gold are that you start getting matched against low cobalts and there are very few, if any, cobalts that aren’t at least queued up with a buddy or 2.

Meh I’m not very good and I often get teams of people like the person the guy in the video is complaining about :stuck_out_tongue:

(K1X455) #10

made me wonder how the unranked get matched with cobalts. Where they in-group?