Next healing ability

(Drac0rion) #1

With the release of Javelin SD added another way to supply ammo to the team with Smart Ammunition Armor.

Currently the healers have:
HP station
Healing Pulse
Big Med Pack
Small Med Pack

So I’m asking you guys to predict the next healing ability.

My guesses are:

Healing nade (flat heal).
Healing nade gas (healing over time, like Hp station).
Overhealing station, much slower healing than Auras HP station but generates an overshield.
Smart healing armor, I guess, either periodic healing pulse with low healing value or constant very low healing.

even though I’d never want overshield in DB, who knows what SD will do, I mean we got the Smart Ammunition Armor…

(woodchip) #2

Channeled heal that isn’t interrupted by damage.

(Sorotia) #3

Honestly I’d love something like Ana from Overwatch…but that may be OP…and would be hard to make really effective without basically giving the character something like Sparks’s revivr…

Being a long range healer with short range revive wouldn’t work the best…but I guess a said merc/Sparks combo would be OP

A healing/damaging nade in general would be nice…

(watsyurdeal) #4

I’d really like to see an overheal tbh

(Mr-Penguin) #5

Ranged healing grenade launcher with a small instant heal. The rest of the healing would be over time.

But wait, I suggested that in Mercenary Suggestions, that one corner of the forum everybody seems to have forgotten about when it comes to this sort of thing.

http://forums.dirtybomb.com/discussion/37739/merc-apothecary (HEALR gun, delayed ranged revive)

http://forums.dirtybomb.com/discussion/37578/merc-beacon (Single-target healing pylons, “Revive Burst” in pylon AoE)

(Cleanlybomb) #6

A gun that shoots cows that heal teammates for some reason.

(Mr-Penguin) #7

@Cleanlybomb said:
A gun that shoots cows that heal teammates for some reason.

I’d play that merc.

(Sefuh_FR) #8

Crompessed air gun shooting injection needles healing a fixed % of merc’s life.

Some sort of short range necromancer that can ‘resurrect’ a downed ally? They could make it different than Sparks by decreasing the range but increasing the amount of health given upon revive. How about a resurrect heal that gives temporary invincibility for a second or 2 that prevents mid-revive gibs? Some sort of healing-ish ability that causes that teammate’s next death to have no spawn timer? Overhealing?

Idk. Lots of routes you could take with it.

I’d also like to see a heavy medic. How about a juggernaut type that drops a large healing pack or explodes some sort of healing pulse in the area for your team to absorb? Amount of health dropped/absorbed could be relative to how much damage the juggernaut was sustaining. A quick, near-instant rocket or 'nade kill wouldn’t return much health whereas taking a lot of damage and staying at low health for a while could charge up the health pack/pulse released upon death. I could see a character model of some beefy mad scientist type with vials on their belt.

(woodchip) #10

I’d also like to see a heavy medic. How about a juggernaut type that drops a large healing pack or explodes some sort of healing pulse in the area for your team to absorb? Amount of health dropped/absorbed could be relative to how much damage the juggernaut was sustaining. A quick, near-instant rocket or 'nade kill wouldn’t return much health whereas taking a lot of damage and staying at low health for a while could charge up the health pack/pulse released upon death. I could see a character model of some beefy mad scientist type with vials on their belt.

And you know the beefy mad scientist is the kind of healer that has to damage himself to heal others. All necromancers do.

Hey, whatever works. That sounds cool too. I was just brainstorming out loud. B)

(Guziol) #12

As soon as there is reviving truly dead teammates or beam healing that requires constant attention like medic in tf2 im out of here.