New user post/reply limit

(bgyoshi) #1

Holy crap it’s annoying

I know we just migrated and stuff but really is there ANY way you can boost users from the old forums? I don’t know what kind of effort it is but I feel like it should be automatic from our legacy statistics that came over.

1.2k posts and 2 years as a member but you know… “new” user trust level.

I have things to reply to! Stuff I want to say!

The “new user sandbox” (AKA, Level 0) comes off after you’ve spent about 10 minutes or so going around and reading stuff. It’s more of an anti-spam tool than anything else, but once you’ve escaped that sandbox, you should be able to do most stuff without hindrance.

But you’re not a new user. I’ve bumped your trust level an extra notch to recognise this.

(bgyoshi) #3

I hit a reply post limit with an 18 hour cooldown when I had about an hour of total read time. If it’s based on read time it makes sense. And I understand and agree with a post limit for new users but I feel that most of us from the old forums should be given some sort of legacy activity buff.

Thanks for the bump! I’m sure I’m not the only one that will come calling about this.

(Xenithos) #4

Hey Maisy, I also lost the ability to edit one of my much older posts “Phoenix - You’re doing it Wrong” anything we can do about that?

It’s also been super messed up because of this new forums transition and all of the old BBCode is broken.

I used to have special editing privileges similar to the guy that kept the DB Genome updated. Anyway this can be fixed/updated?

Thanks!

Try now. I’ve disabled your speed limiter!

Don’t do 90 in a 50, you hear? :laughing:

(Xenithos) #6

Thanks a lot, Read ya loud and clear! It’s currently working well!
I know the options cog has “hide details” but that doesn’t seem to do anything for me.

Nevermind, the options cog: “hide details” works. I’m a derpy pony.

Thanks a ton!

(Demolama) #7

some of us are older than the other forums :stuck_out_tongue: