New type of gun?

(HadronZodiac) #1

I’m not really saying we could bring this type of gun to the game, just wanna see what you guys think of this concept.

What if there was an auto that shot 2 bullets at the same time instead of 1? Of course it would have 2 gun holes for it to make sense.

Let’s say like the m4a1, it would have a tiny bit of default spread and as it increase, where the 2 shots go is random just like a normal single auto would fire.

Maybe more of a clip size so it can be at least kinda practical ;p

(Ptiloui) #2

At first, with that two barrels idea, I immediately thought about the two barrels shotgun we had in DOOM. Fires two rounds at once which need to be reloaded each time.

But after some research, I found the AN-94 has a two-rounds burst mode, instead of the usual three-rounds (like on the M16). The idea is that the rounds are fired at a very quick rate, which is supposed to increase the armor-penetration.

But the question is : what would be the purpose of a rifle like this ? As for me, I don’t think there is that much difference between a two-rounds burst and a three-rounds burst to justify the addition of this type of weapon. We already seems to struggle to correctly balance burst weapons, adding a two-rounds burst weapon would add another issue in the weapons balance.

(HadronZodiac) #3

@Ptiloui said:
At first, with that two barrels idea, I immediately thought about the two barrels shotgun we had in DOOM. Fires two rounds at once which need to be reloaded each time.

But after some research, I found the AN-94 has a two-rounds burst mode, instead of the usual three-rounds (like on the M16). The idea is that the rounds are fired at a very quick rate, which is supposed to increase the armor-penetration.

But the question is : what would be the purpose of a rifle like this ? As for me, I don’t think there is that much difference between a two-rounds burst and a three-rounds burst to justify the addition of this type of weapon. We already seems to struggle to correctly balance burst weapons, adding a two-rounds burst weapon would add another issue in the weapons balance.

A - This honestly wasn’t serious tbh XD so tbh i dont see its use either
B - Ig more effective against groups, less effective against 1v1s?
C - true BRs having a weird time

(GatoCommodore) #4

what? like the Advanced Combat Rifle Project?

US deemed it too expensive and decides to have the M16A2 with the upgraded burst and military around the world stopped relying on individual marksmanship on their doctrine and decide to put forward IFV+Infantry+Close Air Support.

(HadronZodiac) #5

@GatoCommodore said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdIQwFGRI6o

US deemed it too expensive and decides to have the M16A2 with the upgraded burst and military around the world stopped relying on individual marksmanship on their doctrine and decide to put forward IFV+Infantry+Close Air Support.

Yeah similar to that colt.

Imo it could be cool, and useful for taking down light enemies quickly. If it ever makes it in (it wont) it better be only for light automatics

(HadronZodiac) #6

@GatoCommodore said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdIQwFGRI6o

Yeah similar to that colt.

Imo it could be cool, and useful for taking down light enemies quickly. If it ever makes it in (it wont) it better be only for light automatics