New TAW BFE

(Chronicler) #21

If he is from Finland your practice is 4 am his time. >_>

So maybe he should join EU =p

(fzl) #22

passwords for the servers…?

think you need every player…

(acekiller345) #23

[QUOTE=fzl;488607]passwords for the servers…?

think you need every player…[/QUOTE]

We’re not allowed to publicly post them, but PM me if you want the NA server passwords and Chronicler for the EU passwords. Once you get them, dont post them anywhere.

(Chronicler) #24

[QUOTE=fzl;488607]passwords for the servers…?

think you need every player…[/QUOTE]

Not really since TAW NA has 27 players and TAW EU has 26 players, all of which are active enough to play together twice a week at set times >_>.

And it’s not weird to have passwords since these are private servers and not public ones >_>.

(ispellcorrectly) #25

Can I join?

I was;

wildsm4n/finalfantasy7/ispellcorrectly/Stephen Blood

I miss the game soo much, and would like to get back into it, even if it’s for just a couple of hours!

I will need help installing the game, as I cannot find any punkbuster files :frowning:

Steve

(Chronicler) #26

[QUOTE=ispellcorrectly;488614]Can I join?

I was;

wildsm4n/finalfantasy7/ispellcorrectly/Stephen Blood

I miss the game soo much, and would like to get back into it, even if it’s for just a couple of hours!

I will need help installing the game, as I cannot find any punkbuster files :frowning:

Steve[/QUOTE]

You can come play with TAW EU as a guest if you want, since the tournaments probably won’t start for a while. E-mail me at chronicler@taw.net if you want help with installing the game and setting it up.

(acekiller345) #27

[QUOTE=Chronicler;488612]Not really since TAW NA has 27 players and TAW EU has 26 players, all of which are active enough to play together twice a week at set times >_>.

And it’s not weird to have passwords since these are private servers and not public ones >_>.[/QUOTE]

Arent you the one trying to recruit? Dont tell people we dont need anyone else… >.>

(Ashog) #28

[QUOTE=Chronicler;488612]Not really since TAW NA has 27 players and TAW EU has 26 players, all of which are active enough to play together twice a week at set times >_>.

And it’s not weird to have passwords since these are private servers and not public ones >_>.[/QUOTE]

Haha, what do you do to members who aren’t active anymore? Murder them? Or just kick em out? :wink:

(ispellcorrectly) #29

Email has been sent.

(Chronicler) #30

Well, if a person can’t play anymore, what’s the point of being a member? We have a discharge/reinstation system. Better than having a member that’s been inactive for years.

(Chronicler) #31

I am recruiting, I was merely responding to the “needing any player”-comment that Ashog made, we aren’t even close to being there yet.

(alphabeta) #32

You guys are making fun of TAW and Chronicler when you should be lauding him for the effort in keeping ETQW alive. Custom maps, yay! Personally I have yet to find a satisfactory replacement for my favorite game so I think it is fantastic that we can keep playing.
:hog:

(Khamul) #33

[QUOTE=alphabeta;488980]You guys are making fun of TAW and Chronicler when you should be lauding him for the effort in keeping ETQW alive. Custom maps, yay! Personally I have yet to find a satisfactory replacement for my favorite game so I think it is fantastic that we can keep playing.
:hog:[/QUOTE]

I didn’t see you or Chronicler on Nirvana in last year :slight_smile: . I also didn’t see that u or Chronicler takin part in any QW cup. Maybe i have weak/poor memory but can you remind me if u gloryfied people who tried to get enough stroggiez to play on sunday nirvana nights or guys who spend much much time in organising cups. So dont tell me to laud Chronicler who is making custom night just because they dont have 999 players anymore.If they would have enough people they wouldn’t even make account on this forum.So i’m asking you where have you been,when QW needed help ?Where?

Btw. I dont mean all TAW players, there are few nice interested guys (Nemes,Wizz,dieEisKiller etc)

Btw. 2 Sorry for my poor language.

(Rex) #34

I lol’d. :smiley:

(.Chris.) #35

I always found it super frustrating that TAW chose to keep their servers behind locked doors (passworded). A couple of years ago we had a full nirvana server running custom maps every Sunday, also there were lots of players playing customs on locked servers at same time, if those servers were also open to all then custom content could have had a much bigger exposure, especially over in the states. The more active public servers the more exposure the mods and maps would have got and potentially brought in more interest from public players curious to see what these new maps were that all those players are playing. It was hard enough trying to get people to not play on ranked servers and having people playing custom content on full locked servers just sent out the wrong message in my opinion.

(acekiller345) #36

We have always given passwords to people who asked… we just couldnt make it a no password server because we didnt want random people joining, and we didnt post the password publicly for the same reason. I know quite a few TAW people who played with us before they joined. They simply asked a TAW member if they could play for a night and see what it was like, and we obliged.

(Chronicler) #37

[QUOTE=Khamul;488989]I didn’t see you or Chronicler on Nirvana in last year :slight_smile: . I also didn’t see that u or Chronicler takin part in any QW cup. Maybe i have weak/poor memory but can you remind me if u gloryfied people who tried to get enough stroggiez to play on sunday nirvana nights or guys who spend much much time in organising cups. So dont tell me to laud Chronicler who is making custom night just because they dont have 999 players anymore.If they would have enough people they wouldn’t even make account on this forum.So i’m asking you where have you been,when QW needed help ?Where?

Btw. I dont mean all TAW players, there are few nice interested guys (Nemes,Wizz,dieEisKiller etc)

Btw. 2 Sorry for my poor language.[/QUOTE]

That might be because I took a long break from the game, and didn’t get back until like 9 months ago. So I was studying/doing ****.

(Ashog) #38

This is simply not true! I had asked several times for TAW custom server pw but never got it. I even remember I asked the same people from TAW who from time to time joined and had fun on Nirvana. Very frustrating, to say the least.

we just couldnt make it a no password server because we didnt want random people joining

Oh dear, why on earth would you do that?! You should have done the other way round like I did - spam anyone you know in IRC, Steam and forum to join! Any extra person, even if clueless, was counting… Oh well, viva the elitism, I guess.

(acekiller345) #39

[QUOTE=Ashog;489185]This is simply not true! I had asked several times for TAW custom server pw but never got it. I even remember I asked the same people from TAW who from time to time joined and had fun on Nirvana. Very frustrating, to say the least.

Oh dear, why on earth would you do that?! You should have done the other way round like I did - spam anyone you know in IRC, Steam and forum to join! Any extra person, even if clueless, was counting… Oh well, viva the elitism, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Who did you ask, and how did you ask? (PM/pubs/whatever). They shouldnt have said no.

(Ashog) #40

I don’t remember anymore, it was 2 years ago or so.