New Obsidian Cards

(Havik_Gaming) #1

So i just looked at the post that shows pictures for every card of every merc, and i noticed that most have obsidian cards and fewer still have “Founder” obsidian cards. What has me wondering however are some of the newer mercs, such as: Stoker, Thunder and a couple others don’t have an obsidian card.

So does that mean they could be coming out later, or will they never have that type of card? Just my thoughts.

In the early stages of Dirty Bomb development you were able to buy different types of founder packs.
The best one (and thus the most expensive as well) had all early mercs in the Founder cards you have seen in the pictures (Skyhammer, Fragger, Proxy, Vassili, Sawbonez) and Founder trinkets. Perhaps there were other things I’m not aware of.

Somewhen in March 2015 there was a closed beta stresstest in which players received a free Obsidian card.
I’m not sure which cards were available but I myself have seen the Blishlok Sawbonez and the Dreiss Arty.

At the end of October 2015 you were able to get the free Obsidian Phoenix with Hochfir if you have logged in within a week after the release of the containment war update.
That said if you had him unlocked. If not, you got him for free but no Obsidian.

It’s not confirmed wherever or not the developers will give out an Obsidian for every single merc but you can probably consider such giveaways in the future as well.
It’s just not known when these will happen. :slight_smile: