New Mode *no name for it*

(TheWirelessGod) #1

I had this dream one night that I was actually playing dirty bomb and the mode/map I was playing on was VERY different. Basically from what I remember from the dream was 2 BIG artillery guns controlled by the Jackal, and each team fought for control over it. If Jackal gain control of it, it will start firing at the containment shield, and if the CDA get control of it, the gun is basically disabled until Jackal takes it back. Tell me what you think, could this be a neat game mode? Do I have brilliant dreams?

(Samniss_Arandeen) #2

What you’re thinking of is a simplified Titan Mode. That one took full advantage of the high player count of Battlefield.

This seems to be a smaller, simpler version. Two objectives to control, each one whittles away at the real objective. I really don’t know how this would fit into DB meta, but it sounds fun to play nonetheless.

This thread does not belong in Merc/Skin Suggestions, by the way. If @Faraleth could be a dear and move this to the correct place.

(Mr-Penguin) #3

Any type of Domination gamemode is fine by me.

(HunterAssassin5) #4

there kinda is only merc and skin suggestion thread, no general suggestions. there are map/mode discussions, but i think those are to discuss existing maps/modes, not suggest new ones.

anyways, this seems like an interesting idea, though taking control of artillery to shoot at the containment shield is a little off, especially with execution having you c4 the pylons instead.

also, realistically, why would you need 2 artillery pieces to blow something up? you could stick to one and eventually break through. maybe one could be artillery and the other could be like a triangulation or targeting thingy. will be needing both to be able to advance.

(Thai-San) #5

It reminds me of the “Siege Mode” from hawken, but simplified.
In hawken you hat to collect fuel to start a giant Battlecruiser to fly towards the enemy base. When the Battleship is in the air the game mode switches and a AA cannon in the middle of the map gets available. The team with the ship has to disable the AA to give the cruiser the time it needs to destroy the enemy base and the other team has to control the AA so it shoots down the Battleship and save their base. If the ship gets destroyed you have to collect fuel again. The match ends if one of the bases is destroyed. Quiet a fun game mode.
I bet you could fit it somehow in the Dirty Bomb lore :wink:

(HunterAssassin5) #6

[quote=“ThaiSan;105125”]It reminds me of the “Siege Mode” from hawken, but simplified.
In hawken you hat to collect fuel to start a giant Battlecruiser to fly towards the enemy base. When the Battleship is in the air the game mode switches and a AA cannon in the middle of the map gets available. The team with the ship has to disable the AA to give the cruiser the time it needs to destroy the enemy base and the other team has to control the AA so it shoots down the Battleship and save their base. If the ship gets destroyed you have to collect fuel again. The match ends if one of the bases is destroyed. Quiet a fun game mode.
I bet you could fit it somehow in the Dirty Bomb lore ;)[/quote]

in excecution you work with a jacked airship, and in dome you work with AAs trying to shoot it down…i say sure they could. heck, i’d even enjoy a map that’s the bowels of the airship.

(Thai-San) #7

@TheRyderShotgun Just imagine… you play a Dirty Bomb map and there’s an Airship battle up above you. I’d like that.

(HunterAssassin5) #8

no, i meant you fight IN the airship, trying to take/retake control over it.

(Samniss_Arandeen) #9

Be a good setting for a King of the Hill match where the “hill” is an anti-air gun and the victorious team gets to use their airship’s weapons against the losers.

(Thai-San) #10

[quote=“Samniss_Arandeen;105193”]
Be a good setting for a King of the Hill match where the “hill” is an anti-air gun and the victorious team gets to use their airship’s weapons against the losers.[/quote]

Or let there be like 2 stages of the map. At first you have a typical King of the Hill over the control of the AA until one of the ships is destroyed.
As soon as one of them is down the map enters the second stage and the team with the airship is the attacking team and the other defending. Now is the goal to destroy the base/camp/tactical position of the defenders.

This way the boundaries of attacking and defending are broken.

@TheRyderShotgun I know what you meant, but I just had that picture in my head :3
But as much as an kinda small indoor only map would be nice, I don’t see how it could work with the normal objective/stopwatch-modes. Airships are (afaik) mostly ballon and not that much real space. It could work for execution since those maps are smaller (see Market) but why would they blow up an airship if they’re still in i-… oh, just remembered underground.