Name: Shikari (shi-curry) [^1]
Nationality: Bengali
Ethnicity: Indian
Height: 5’3"
Class: Recon
Speed: 470 (Same as Aura)
Health: 80

#Description

Shikari used to spend his time hunting game in Northeast India. When he heard of the Dirty Bomb incident, he decided up his game.

Shikari is a high-speed recon with a high-tec compound bow. He also allows the player to practice their hunting skills with a spotting ability based on sound.

#Weapons

##Primaries:

1. Gawk 18 (Default) [^2]
  2. Tølen MP
  3. Empire-9

##Secondaries:

1. Smüth & Whetsman .40_(Default)_
  2. Simeon .357
  3. Caulden

##Melees:

1. Kukri (Default)
  2. Katana
  3. Axe

#Abilities

##Ability 1

###Electric Compound
A powerful bow that deals 100 damage when drawn fully, it fires a projectile that has slight drop. The arrow has a transmitter in the tip that shows as an icon on your HUD. This arrow can stick to enemies for 5 seconds, or until they receive healing, allowing you to track the target hit.
Cooldown: 3 seconds per arrow, maximum 9 seconds
Other: Takes a minimum draw time of 2/3 of a second, and is fully drawn at 1 1/4 seconds. You are slowed by 66% of walking speed while drawing/drawn.

##Ability 2

###Hunter’s Intuition
Listen carefully for any noise. Sounds that you can hear are displayed as a marker on your HUD. Sounds include things such as gunshots, footsteps, character voice lines, deployables like proxy mines or turrets, and explosions.
Cooldown: 2 seconds cooldown for 1 second use, maximum 12 seconds cooldown
Other: Works as an activation/deactivation like Redeye’s IR Goggles. Sounds are only marked is the sound would have actually played from the game, so certain sounds like gunshots can be tracked from across the map, while footsteps can only be heard when a few meters away. You cannot detect enemies that crouch walk.

Special Ability enhancing/countering augments:

• Sneaky augment makes the user undetectable from footstep sounds.
  • Untrackable augment causes there to be a delayed detection.
  • Big Ears augment enhances the effective range of Hunter’s Intuition, and allow you to detect crouch walking enemies.

I hope this idea gets seen and that you all like it, as I’ve been thinking about it for a long time.

[^1]: This is a deformation of the Hindi word for “Hunter”
[^2]: This is a pistol modeled after the Glock-18, and as such has a RoF of 1200 RPM, a roughly 17-33 round mag size (i would choose 22).

(FalseLumpy) #2

Dang this is really well thought out, especially compared to most bow mercs, hope the devs take some ideas from this.

(hawkeyeguy99) #3

Really solid idea here but the bow needs work. Right now his dps with the bow is out of this world. 100 damage per shot will 1 shot several mercs on body not even counting headshots and nearly take out most others which would then be an easy finish with his primary. That’s basically a free kill every 9 seconds with maximum draw time given you have good aim. Hunter’s Intuition sounds sick nasty and fun to use.

This is GOOD. Like a really cool, unique and good idea. He’s not just a Hanzo for Dirty Bomb.

(Dr_Plantboss) #4

@hawkeyeguy99 said:
Really solid idea here but the bow needs work. Right now his dps with the bow is out of this world. 100 damage per shot will 1 shot several mercs on body not even counting headshots and nearly take out most others which would then be an easy finish with his primary. That’s basically a free kill every 9 seconds with maximum draw time given you have good aim. Hunter’s Intuition sounds sick nasty and fun to use.

This is GOOD. Like a really cool, unique and good idea. He’s not just a Hanzo for Dirty Bomb.

I honestly hadn’t thought about headshots. It’s probably my hours playing Paladins and thinking “projectiles can’t headshot.”

Changes:

Damage of the bow has been reduced to 65 on maximum draw.
Added the ability to headshot with a damage multiplier of 1.5x
Due to the extremely high damage and mobility of the bow, plus it’s added recon functionality, it was far too powerful with how easy it was to use. This will hopefully raise the skill level required to make Shikari less frustrating to fight against.

(vbsh123) #5

This is amazing tbh. But I really have to disagree to the katana as a melee. Katana is a very good melee and having someone with 470 speed with it ? Thatll be too op, kira is really good with the katana and she has less speed + 10 health. Id say switch the katana with the bat.

(Dr_Plantboss) #6

One other thing I would add to this is that the arrow would be able to be disabled by Phantom’s EMP, and could be destroyed by Guardian’s Sky Shield.

@vbsh123
Generally, I would agree with you, however as his actual primaries are very weak, he needs something else to back up his firepower (aside from his bow, which is most effective at longer distances).

I’m sure that Katana-only people would exist, but they would exist even if you gave the Katana to Rhino.