New Merc - Prototype

(rotermax1) #1

Prototype

General Information:
Origin: Wales, UK
Sex: Female
Further description:
wears special, high tech goggles (also called TDE - Tracking Device for Electronics)

The TDE is an advanced prototype of a second version of Redeye’s IR Goggles that has been developed by Turtle as a secret project. Prototype who observed Turtle for a long time, found out about the project and wanted to find out what it’s all about. But after breaking in to Turtles Lab to get information about the project, she gets caught. Since then Turtle and Prototype worked together to finish the Project due it being really unstable.

Merc Class: Recon
Special: Spot Enemy Electricity through walls with the TDE and make them visible for your
whole team

Stats:
Health: 90
Sprint: 450
Arm: 5s
Disarm: 8s

Abilities:

Primary
TDE (Tracking Device for Electronics) (1) (25s):
Tracks down Electronics near you through walls and makes them visible for your whole team for 6.5 Seconds

Secondary
Stealth (Passive):
after 5 seconds of not firing a gun (or using the meele) Prototype enters “Stealth”
“Stealth” gets deactivated when a single shot is fired (or a meele weapon has been used).
if the first shot/attack (ranged or meele) of Prototype being in “Stealth” hits the back (head or body) of the target, they’ll be affected with a spotted like effect where they are visible for Prototype for the next 4.5s. Prototype’s weapons deal 25% more damage on the affected target.
the “Stealth” mode also grants Prototype the advantage to make 50% less noise from running.

Weapons:

Primary:
A1L1 (based on the L1A1 battle rifle used by British Commonwealth)
Grandeur SR
Dreiss AR

Secondary:
M9
MP400
Tølen MP

Meele:
Beckhill Combat Knife
Katana
Stilnotto Stiletto

(TheDorkyDude) #2

Primary
TDE (Tracking Device for Electronics) (1) (25s):
Tracks down Electronics near you through walls and makes them visible for your whole team for 6.5 Seconds
That idea is pretty cool. But I fear that an ability like that wouldn’t really work in a fast past game like DB. You’d have to run around all game to detect those devices and if I’m honest I don’t think anybody would take the time to stop fighting the enemy just to scan some electronics. Furthermore, this ‘gadget’ just @!$* on good placement of mines and turrets. There wouldn’t be any motivation to come up with new interesting placements because ‘Prototype’ would just be able to counter that no problem.
Secondary
Stealth (Passive):
after 5 seconds of not firing a gun (or using the meele) Prototype enters “Stealth”
“Stealth” gets deactivated when a single shot is fired (or a meele weapon has been used).
if the first shot/attack (ranged or meele) of Prototype being in “Stealth” hits the back (head or body) of the target, they’ll be affected with a spotted like effect where they are visible for Prototype for the next 4.5s. Prototype’s weapons deal 25% more damage on the affected target.
the “Stealth” mode also grants Prototype the advantage to make 50% less noise from running.
That ‘Stealth’ ability is pretty interesting, though I do not think anyone would wait for the opponent to turn his back on him to start shooting. Besides there probably would be some serious issues about defining the ‘back’ of a character. Did I hit him in the back or only in the side? So on and so forth. And what about if ‘Prototype’ gets hit while in stealth does it get deactivated or can she just be on her marry way not care at all?

All in all this merc idea is pretty interesting but I think ‘she’ is way too weak for actual use in combat. This concept works in a game like Rainbow Six because every operator only has one gadget and they do not replenish them over time if they get destroyed. But in a game like DB where if your gadget gets destroyed you just place a new one I don’t think that would really work. C ya

(rotermax1) #3

First of all, thanks for your feedback!
But there is some things you have to consider:

@TheDorkyDude said:
That idea is pretty cool. But I fear that an ability like that wouldn’t really work in a fast past game like DB. You’d have to run around all game to detect those devices and if I’m honest I don’t think anybody would take the time to stop fighting the enemy just to scan some electronics.

I agree. Scanning electronics takes of the focus from the main objective. But for it having a 20s cooldown, you wouldn’t be able to spamm it or even absue it to

Furthermore, this ‘gadget’ just @!$* on good placement of mines and turrets. There wouldn’t be any motivation to come up with new interesting placements because ‘Prototype’ would just be able to counter that no problem.

just kill good mine or turret placement. Added to that, it’s just ment as an addition, considering more and more mercs gain the abillity to place electronics somewhere and camp at that spot.

That ‘Stealth’ ability is pretty interesting, though I do not think anyone would wait for the opponent to turn his back on him to start shooting. Besides there probably would be some serious issues about defining the ‘back’ of a character. Did I hit him in the back or only in the side? So on and so forth. And what about if ‘Prototype’ gets hit while in stealth does it get deactivated or can she just be on her marry way not care at all?

Regarding ‘Stealth’, her main point is to get behind the enemy without getting noticed

@rotermax1 said:

This is suppose to help her not getting noticed and get behind the enemy to deal more damage (e.g. killing the medics to push). For defining the ‘back’ of a character: Thunder’s Flashbang already has this solved, considering you looking away from the Flashbang from/to a ceartain angle you don’t get hit as hard or at all.
And for the last point you mentioned, tbh I just forgot about that (heh). I think the best for that would be her exiting ‘stealth’, considering her not beeing stealthy anymore and her position known. (Same goes in case of spotting: ‘Prototype’ is suppose to use her ability to make her invisible and getting to know where an enemy Hotspot is (more electronics = more people))

I will try making this concept more fleshed out and balance it to the currenct game more.
Thanks again for the feedback.

(Da_Mummy) #4

If you remove the seemingly complicated backstabbing mechanic out and just leave her with “hits in stealth mark enemies” it would be neat as a scout to find out what type of deployable your dealing with and where to place your explosives.
Also rename her to “Proto”. Much smoother on the tongue.