New merc concept: Lazarus

(LawrenZi) #1

Name: Lazarus
Class: Medic.
HP: 120
Speed: 420

Backstory:
Lazarus is an Italian medic that comes from a city in Calabria, a region in the South of Italy. He was always fascinated by medical research and guns alike, so Lazarus decided to become a combat medic, hired by many to do their dirty work. He later invented his “MRCL Grenade” after years of research. He has worked with Phoenix, Turtle and many other mercs.

Ability #1: MRCL Grenade
Cooldown: 15 seconds.
Duration: 7 seconds.
The MRCL Grenade is, yes, you guessed it, a grenade, that heals allies and hurts enemies. When it impacts on a surface, it leaves a cloud (which is around half as big as Redeye’s smoke grenade’s radius) on the area of impact. The cloud can heal allies for around 30 hp a second for 7 seconds (210 hp for the full duration of the effect) and damange enemies for 20hp a second (if they stay in the radius of the cloud of course). It could be very useful if small corridors when if the enemy is pushing your team, like the little path near the first objective of Bridge, the path that leads to the barrier generator. It could also be very useful for area denial or simply to cover c4s, like how Stoker does with his Incendiary grenade.

Weapons (depending on loadout cards)
_Primaries: _

1. IT-121L Shotgun (Modeled after the spas-12 shotgun)
    SP.Modifier: 91%
    ADS speed: 133
    Damange: 9 * 10 (90)
    ROF: 85 rpm
    Reload Speed: 2.8s
    Mag Capacity: 6
    Effective Range: 6.2 m
    Damange per magazine: 540

2. Blishlok SMG

3. Crotzni SMG

Secondaries:

1. Hoigat.244 Pistol

2. Selbstadt .40 Pistol

3. MP-400 Machine Pistol

Melee:

1. Stilnotto Stiletto

2. Beckhill Combat Knife

3. **Cricket bat **

Notes:
Got the idea for this merc by playing Brink, since it went free-to-play not long ago, and seeing the Lazarus grenade (i don’t really know how it is called in the english translation of the game, since i play the game in italian, so excuse me if i named the ability incorrectly) that the medic class could equip as an ability. The idea of a grenade that got people back on their feet was interesting, but could have been kind of over-powered in Dirty bomb, so I decided to turn it into an healing grenade, which could be more balanced. I also decided not to give him a rez ability, since we recently got guardian, which lacks in a healing ability. I’m very interested in hearing what the dirty bomb community thinks about my idea, since it’s my first ever post in the forums. Thanks you for giving me 10 minutes of your time to read my idea! c:

(LawrenZi) #2

Aw damn, there are some grammar mistakes, my bad :T

(Da_Mummy) #3

Okay so overall I get the idea and a throwable AoE healing sounds good in theory except he falls of to Phoenix in every category.
The Healing over time would only come in handy as a slightly portable health station at best and the damage it deals would either be too weak to count or to strong to be in the game
BUTT how about making his Damage gas grenade and the healing one separate as a kind of “Angel of life and Death” concept. Considering I wrote a similar merc idea (Cyanide) with only the damage I’m quite interested in the idea of a Smoke based damage.
Idea: reduce the cool down to 15 to 10 or 12 and the effect lasting for 5 seconds.
give him another grenade with 20 second cool down and 7 seconds of effect.
Or alternatively weaken both of his grenades slightly and give him a defibrillator, because the last thing we need is another useless medic that cant fulfill his role.

(LawrenZi) #4

@Da_Mummy said:
Okay so overall I get the idea and a throwable AoE healing sounds good in theory except he falls of to Phoenix in every category.
The Healing over time would only come in handy as a slightly portable health station at best and the damage it deals would either be too weak to count or to strong to be in the game
BUTT how about making his Damage gas grenade and the healing one separate as a kind of “Angel of life and Death” concept. Considering I wrote a similar merc idea (Cyanide) with only the damage I’m quite interested in the idea of a Smoke based damage.
Idea: reduce the cool down to 15 to 10 or 12 and the effect lasting for 5 seconds.
Or alternatively weaken both of his grenades slightly and give him a defibrillator, because the last thing we need is another useless medic that cant fulfill his role.

To be quite honest, i don’t really think that giving Lazarus a damange ability wouldn’t really make much sense, since he is a medic after all. I think that maybe if the Hp per second was reduced to, say, 25 hp over a 8 second duration maybe. OR, i got an even crazier idea, what about giving him sort of a grenade launcher with one single shot (or maybe two) that can travel very long distances and explodes on impact? Like, keep the same stats that I gave to the MRCL Grenade, just apply it to a single shot launcher. The fact that you can heal people at that distance could justify the lack of a defib, or we could even give him sort of a much less powerful defibrillator, that can only rez people with half hp, but takes less time to charge. What do you think?

(arharr3) #5

Your new weapon concept goes exactly into the opposite direction of where SD wants shotguns. Plus being the heavy hitting shotgun was always the Remburg’s gimmick.

And as pointed out by @Da_Mummy , he would simply fall flat for several reasons.
Want AoE healing? Bring aura or phoenix.
Want AoE damage? Bring stoker.

He is way too easy to counter, since smoke can be extinguished with explosives. And its even easier then destroying a med station since its just “deal x damage to area y” instead of trying to damage a station you cant see.

The concept of a grenade medic has been around for a while , but the AoE revive that would cover was sadly taken recently by guardian.

(LawrenZi) #6

@arharr3 said:
Your new weapon concept goes exactly into the opposite direction of where SD wants shotguns. Plus being the heavy hitting shotgun was always the Remburg’s gimmick.

And as pointed out by @Da_Mummy , he would simply fall flat for several reasons.

He is way too easy to counter, since smoke can be extinguished with explosives. And its even easier then destroying a med station since its just “deal x damage to area y” instead of trying to damage a station you cant see.

The concept of a grenade medic has been around for a while , but the AoE revive that would cover was sadly taken recently by guardian.

Mh… Didn’t really think about the “Explosives extinguish Smoke” thing. What do you think of my other suggestion, the Healing Grenade Launcher one?

(arharr3) #7

@LawrenZi said:

@arharr3 said:

Mh… Didn’t really think about the “Explosives extinguish Smoke” thing. What do you think of my other suggestion, the Healing Grenade Launcher one?

It could fulfill the role of a long distance AoE heal. But what exactly would be the values? Is it chargeable? Multiple grenades with low healing and fast cooldown (think medic version of nader) or one fat nade with huge range and healing but slow cooldown? What would be the effect on the medic himself if he is supposed to be a long range healer?

Also keep in mind: being able to heal your team with a large amount of health over a long distance would make phoenix obsolete since there is no risk involved for you anymore.

(LawrenZi) #8

@arharr3 said:

@LawrenZi said:

@arharr3 said:

It could fulfill the role of a long distance AoE heal. But what exactly would be the values? Is it chargeable? Multiple grenades with low healing and fast cooldown (think medic version of nader) or one fat nade with huge range and healing but slow cooldown? What would be the effect on the medic himself if he is supposed to be a long range healer?

So, i’ve been thinking about similar values to those on my original grenade concept, plus some little additions that i think would be useful.
So basically:
-After you shoot the grenade from the launcher, it travels horizontally and explodes on impact.
-At the moment of the collision, it heals allies for 25-30hp (keep in mind this is a burst of hp that is given to an ally just at the moment of impact)
-1.5s/2s after the grenade explodes, it releases a cloud that heals allies for 25 hp over a 8 second duration, which is 200hp for the full duration. (I’ve also been thinking about adding a damange resistance bonus to the healing, like 5% or something small like that.)
-Cooldown could be 15/17 seconds, like fragger’s and thunder’s nades, but i’m not really sure. Alternatively, it could be stackable, so you can have 2/3 charges that are recharged one every, say, 12s/14s. Not really sure about this either.

Also keep in mind: being able to heal your team with a large amount of health over a long distance would make phoenix obsolete since there is no risk involved for you anymore.

Yes, i know. I think it could be balanced out by the fact that Laz has no defib (or a weaker one). They could even give Lazarus less hp and make him a healing focused sparks, i don’t know. I don’t really have anything on my mind against this.

(LawrenZi) #9

yay my idea completely died out :smiley:
Really wanted to hear more people’s opinions, though i haven’t been on the forums in a lot-

(HadronZodiac) #10

@LawrenZi said:
Name: Lazarus
Class: Medic.
HP: 120
Speed: 420

Backstory:
Lazarus is an Italian medic that comes from a city in Calabria, a region in the South of Italy. He was always fascinated by medical research and guns alike, so Lazarus decided to become a combat medic, hired by many to do their dirty work. He later invented his “MRCL Grenade” after years of research. He has worked with Phoenix, Turtle and many other mercs.

Ability #1: MRCL Grenade
Cooldown: 15 seconds.
Duration: 7 seconds.
The MRCL Grenade is, yes, you guessed it, a grenade, that heals allies and hurts enemies. When it impacts on a surface, it leaves a cloud (which is around half as big as Redeye’s smoke grenade’s radius) on the area of impact. The cloud can heal allies for around 30 hp a second for 7 seconds (210 hp for the full duration of the effect) and damange enemies for 20hp a second (if they stay in the radius of the cloud of course). It could be very useful if small corridors when if the enemy is pushing your team, like the little path near the first objective of Bridge, the path that leads to the barrier generator. It could also be very useful for area denial or simply to cover c4s, like how Stoker does with his Incendiary grenade.

Weapons (depending on loadout cards)
_Primaries: _

1. IT-121L Shotgun (Modeled after the spas-12 shotgun)
    SP.Modifier: 91%
    ADS speed: 133
    Damange: 9 * 10 (90)
    ROF: 85 rpm
    Reload Speed: 2.8s
    Mag Capacity: 6
    Effective Range: 6.2 m
    Damange per magazine: 540

2. Blishlok SMG

3. Crotzni SMG

Secondaries:

1. Hoigat.244 Pistol

2. Selbstadt .40 Pistol

3. MP-400 Machine Pistol

Melee:

1. Stilnotto Stiletto

2. Beckhill Combat Knife

3. **Cricket bat **

Notes:
Got the idea for this merc by playing Brink, since it went free-to-play not long ago, and seeing the Lazarus grenade (i don’t really know how it is called in the english translation of the game, since i play the game in italian, so excuse me if i named the ability incorrectly) that the medic class could equip as an ability. The idea of a grenade that got people back on their feet was interesting, but could have been kind of over-powered in Dirty bomb, so I decided to turn it into an healing grenade, which could be more balanced. I also decided not to give him a rez ability, since we recently got guardian, which lacks in a healing ability. I’m very interested in hearing what the dirty bomb community thinks about my idea, since it’s my first ever post in the forums. Thanks you for giving me 10 minutes of your time to read my idea! c:

So basically my idea? Not to be rude, but check out other peoples ideas before using it on accident, proof - https://steamcommunity.com/app/333930/discussions/0/3211505894106940148/

(HadronZodiac) #11

@LawrenZi said:

@Da_Mummy said:

To be quite honest, i don’t really think that giving Lazarus a damange ability wouldn’t really make much sense, since he is a medic after all. I think that maybe if the Hp per second was reduced to, say, 25 hp over a 8 second duration maybe. OR, i got an even crazier idea, what about giving him sort of a grenade launcher with one single shot (or maybe two) that can travel very long distances and explodes on impact? Like, keep the same stats that I gave to the MRCL Grenade, just apply it to a single shot launcher. The fact that you can heal people at that distance could justify the lack of a defib, or we could even give him sort of a much less powerful defibrillator, that can only rez people with half hp, but takes less time to charge. What do you think?

Growing closer to my crusade concept ;/

(Dermott) #12

@HadronZodiac said:

@HadronZodiac said:
So basically my idea? Not to be rude, but check out other peoples ideas before using it on accident, proof - …

Not to be rude, but just because your merc uses healing grenades it doesn’t mean that other player’s are not allowed to create their version of this item. You’re not the first (or last) who comes up with this kind of item, stop acting like you invented something new. You came here not to post feeback but just to brag about your creation. Have some decency dude.

Alright, now back on topic. I think it’s very ok, I’m little concerned with healing numbers but it’s not a big deal. Does grenade can be destroyed once it releases cloud? Or it vanishes upon impact? I think it could get use of some sort of counter play, right now he’s very similar to Stoker.

(HadronZodiac) #13

@Dermott said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@HadronZodiac said:
So basically my idea? Not to be rude, but check out other peoples ideas before using it on accident, proof - …

Not to be rude, but just because your merc uses healing grenades it doesn’t mean that other player’s are not allowed to create their version of this item. You’re not the first (or last) who comes up with this kind of item, stop acting like you invented something new. You came here not to post feeback but just to brag about your creation. Have some decency dude.

Alright, now back on topic. I think it’s very ok, I’m little concerned with healing numbers but it’s not a big deal. Does grenade can be destroyed once it releases cloud? Or it vanishes upon impact? I think it could get use of some sort of counter play, right now he’s very similar to Stoker.

Not sure how this became a salty argument but let me intrude. My ability, plus some gas doesn’t differentiate this one from mine. That’s like me making a new fragger, but instead of exploding like usual, it leaves some gas (still the same effect), not that different as you can see. I never said he copied me, as he clearly didn’t know, I just said check out other ideas in case someone else made something very similar to his idea. Go ahead to the persons post (close to yours) and add on, or suggest, but going on and making a VERY similar idea and passing it on as if it’s the newest thing out there, not very fair to the original person.

Just saying, no need to go all out ;p

(LawrenZi) #14

@HadronZodiac said:
So basically my idea? Not to be rude, but check out other peoples ideas before using it on accident, proof - https://steamcommunity.com/app/333930/discussions/0/3211505894106940148/

oh… oops, didn’t mean to :confused:
i actually did search around for something, but really, i didn’t see anything like it when i posted this…

(LawrenZi) #15

Actually, looked into your idea, and it apparently came MUCH later then mine. Yours was posted on the 14 of April, while this one was on the 28 of January. Look at the dates.

(Demonic_Muff1n) #16

i say remove the grenade damaging abilities to enemies, this is a mdeic they’re not actually supposed to have any offensive abilities

(HadronZodiac) #17

@LawrenZi said:
Actually, looked into your idea, and it apparently came MUCH later then mine. Yours was posted on the 14 of April, while this one was on the 28 of January. Look at the dates.
Welp this is awkward. My thing says my came out before yours, probs should report to bug support