[New Merc]: Blink

(Vex) #1

Blink is an assault, but with, get this, the ability to teleport!

Health: 85
Speed: Same as Proxy
Hitbox: Same as Proxy

Blink’s ability would consist of a throwable device she may activate remotely that will teleport her to said device. It should bounce off walls as well, similar to Naders grenades or Skyhammers airstrike marker. It will have a 15 second cooldown. The device is as small as Vassili’s spotter but also as fragile. You can also teleport mid-air, though fall damage would still apply. (Flying pig would be great!)

Blinks role in being an assault would be to flank enemies by teleporting behind and around them (I am considering nerfing health and or speed for this reason, you guys decide) This can also be used to quickly escape from combat should you die horribly in a fire.

After you teleport I’m trying to decide between two cases:

-You will be slightly disoriented, having spawned faced a random direction.

-You have

I believe as for voice acting and character should go, blink should be like a giggling trickster. Always laughing and giving and little girly giggle at how much she messes with people with her teleporting device. As for appearances I want her to seem sorta childish. (This will hopefully also apply to her taunts) Maybe two ponytails or something.

Primarys:

Blishlok/BR-16/Proxy’s default shotgun… god I can’t remember the name. Not remburg. That’s too good lol

She gets one of each for total versatility of what range she should be at.

Dialog:

Possible teleporting lines: “Peek-a-boo!” “childish giggle” “Ta-daaaaa!”

Calling for a medic: “Kiss it! Make it better! :c”

Calling for ammo: “NEED MORE PEW PEWS”

Melee kill: “My mommy always says no hitting… I don’t know why! This is fun!”

Getting hit: “cries” “GAH! BOO BOO! :C” “OWCHIE”

Getting a kill: “Hehe! You got beat by a little girl! XD”

Some taunts off the top of my head: “Video games don’t make me violent! LAG DOES!!!” “Hehe, you suck!” “Now you’ll see what happens when my mommy tries to give me a nap!”

(Vex) #2

Any thoughts and feedback welcome, just please don’t be too harsh. This is my first idea. <3

(gg2ez) #3

My suggestion: http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/17372/merc-idea-nemesis-ultra-mobile-assault#latest

You can decide on the similarities :confused:

Either way, still happy that my idea was so good it got mimicked.

(Torch189) #4

@Vex Good idea but not sure if it’s original since another company (comic universe) already has the character with same powers and name.

(Vex) #5

@Torch I swear I had no idea this was already a thing by another company. Sorry! Just came to me, didn’t intent to copy anything.

(gg2ez) #6

I don’t think you did, it’s just that the similarities between the three characters mentioned here are super sus.

(Vex) #7

@gg2ez The only similarity I see is the teleportation honestly.

(ASTOUNDINGSHELL) #8

I think its more of areacon than an assault

(Vex) #9

@astoundingShellfish Fair point.

(gg2ez) #10

The ability is the centerpoint of the merc. The rest comes after.

(Vex) #11

Yes but having one idea similar doesn’t mean I “mimicked” you. It was a coincidence.

(Torch189) #12

@Vex No, I didn’t think that you copied just want you to know that there is a character like that in another universe and with same name, so you should change some things. Maybe name and some other minor things, so developers could take your idea in consideration.

(gg2ez) #13

I sure hope so. It’s just such a wierd coincidence that they’re literally exactly similar. Q to throw, E to teleport.

(Vex) #14

@gg2ez Well say I had an idea for a teleportation merc, what other button combination would I use? You also seem to disregard all the other differences.

Anyway, arguing isn’t important, point is I didn’t copy or even see your post prior to this.

(gg2ez) #15

[quote=“Vex;99377”]@gg2ez Well say I had an idea for a teleportation merc, what other button combination would I use? You also seem to disregard all the other differences.

Anyway, arguing isn’t important, point is I didn’t copy or even see your post prior to this.[/quote]

Yeah. I get your point but all I’m saying is it’s wierd they’re so similar ability wise.

(Vex) #16

null

How about, “coincidental” rather than “weird” or some accusation. Much appreciated.

(gg2ez) #17

[quote=“Vex;100995”]null

How about, “coincidental” rather than “weird” or some accusation. Much appreciated.[/quote]

Same difference.