New Map Idea

(carnage) #21

ime working on a map witha skilled texture artist now, mabt u could post some texture and get someone interested into a partnership?

(d3coy) #22

Just to give you a heads up… adding alot of custom textures will only increase the file size of the map… making for bigger map files… Id suggest limiting the amount of custom textures if map size is an issue…

Again… Im willing to work on this with you and some other mapper if you can find one who is willing to put forth most of the effort. My contributions would probably be more towards structural building and scripting, not alot of time in my day to do alot of details.

(carnage) #23

Just to give you a heads up… adding alot of custom textures will only increase the file size of the map… making for bigger map files… Id suggest limiting the amount of custom textures if map size is an issue…

i would surgest the exact oposite :wink:

unless you have a lot of .tga files then your texture shouldnt take up much room anyway. Almost every ET map i plyed uses a lot of stock texture. its just getting pretty boring now. IF you gona create a new level u might put the effort in to make it look indiviual

i would have expected someone working on a TC would of had the same opinion…

(luuklag) #24

when i had the skills to do this i would do it but i’m now working on my first map and is a kind of mess so …

(d3coy) #25

well when your dealing with mapping for competition, vs mapping for pubs, file size becomes an issue… competitive players (in general) tend to be more whiney about these things and if you want your map to be played in comp, then size is something to worry about.

For pubs it is great… and I agree with the liking of new textures just to change up the scenery a bit.