New guns coming soon !

(GabebutGood) #1

The new weapons look really good, still wondering about the recoil and spread on the pistol and AR, hopefully low.
The Iron sights are looking really great also, very exciting!

Post your thoughts on them and questions

(TheStrangerous) #2

Took some screenshots of new hands and…

My first thoughts are: Is this some nanosuit soldier?!
I swear they don’t fit any other mercs hands…

(FalseLumpy) #3

Maybe some sort of peacekeeper due to their use of batons, so perhaps a new medic

(GabebutGood) #4

I didn’t even notice that, good find! I would really like to see a new medic maybe a tankier medic.

(Drac0rion) #5

The right hand makes the merc look rather feminine? Just me?

So far the females we have:
1/4 assault
2/4 medic
1/4 engineer
2/5 fire support
1/4 recon

To decide the class for the new merc, I’d guess that glove might have something to do with it.
The AR is SMG-like and a machine pistol, so I don’t think it’s an assault. (Also no idea what the glove could do for assault)
Medic is a little unlikely based on the weapons, unless we get a rambo medic of some sort.
Engineer we just got, same for fire support.

New melee weapon and a dual-wield could mean sub classes between recons in my opinion.
Sniper focused recons with spotting and I guess melee oriented recons? That’s if SD really intended for Phantom to be a melee focused merc.
(To be honest quite some shooters have some powerful melee characters)

I mean, then currently we’d have 3 sniper recons:
Vassili and Aimee with only SR’s.
Redeye who seems to be more front line oriented due to hp and the kind of SR’s he uses, + he’s the only recon with an AR.

Then we’d have our lonely Phantom, who I would guess from this is a melee recon?
I mean, he doesn’t have a single SR, no spotting.
(Who know’s maybe he will get an actual rework to move him more towards that direction, IF the new merc happens to be a melee recon)

The new merc seems to be getting a strong melee, like Phantom, the new AR is SMG-like, Phantom can only use SMG’s.

And then we have the glove. It could just be an outfit design, but if I’m not wrong, no other merc has such difference with gloves. So I’d like to believe there’s an ability related to it.

So my bet is a female recon. (Just guessing based on new guns)

(watsyurdeal) #6

My theory, this is that armoring merc I talked about.

Melee to revive people, though no charging or anything like that. Throws out Sparks style Medpacks, and throws out Body Armor that buffs your health temporarily by 20.

(GatoCommodore) #7

FN 5.7 no less
pretty awesome

(Sorotia) #8

So we finally get a P90…they look good and can’t wait.

(Guziol) #9

That’s not a p90.

(Sorotia) #10

@Guziol said:
That’s not a p90.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_F2000

Well they look pretty similar…I don’t know every gun under the sun

(DB Genome editor) #11

@Drac0rion said:
Finely manicured longish nails (check the video at 1:05), I sure hope it’s a female… :stuck_out_tongue:

(GatoCommodore) #12

@Djiesse said:

@Drac0rion said:
Finely manicured longish nails (check the video at 1:05), I sure hope it’s a female… :stuck_out_tongue:

and its a korean?
see the gloves with writing “JEONG”

(GatoCommodore) #13

@Djiesse said:

@Drac0rion said:

and its a korean?

(TheStrangerous) #14

@GatoCommodore said:

@Djiesse said:

@Drac0rion said:

and its a korean?

Yeah, electrical themed merc.

So we have our Danny Phantom, now we’re getting Static Shock.