New Dev Video: Testing, Testing

(Chris Mullins) #1

The work is done, the maps are shiny…all we need to do now is test the hell out of it!

Enjoy!
shoe.

(Ptiloui) #2

First !

Still can’t wait for this update :smiley:

(pEaRson) #3

:frowning:

(Xenithos) #4

:frowning:
Is it REALLY ALL OF THE MAPS?

(GatoCommodore) #5

“Biggest Dirty Bomb Update”

i dont see turtle…

(Herr_Hanz) #6

somebody burn shoe failing at dabbing from my brain.

(BlackboltLW) #7

[CANNOT WAIT INTENSIFIES]

(poiSon-) #8

So is this confirmation that the update will most likely be released next next week? :wink:

(The_N00Ba) #9

they will keep us updated on things when they can it seems. :slight_smile:

(rigorousIncrease) #10

Early access “We have to test the update first, even tho its in a playable state”

I love you SD, and I love you DB, but instead of literally confirming that you are using Early Access as an excuse for fucking up, how about USE IT and patch and hotfix the update and tune it WITH the players, instead of pushing the update then having stuff go wrong, then not say anything about it for a fortnight, and have people screaming at you… js

(BlackboltLW) #11

[quote=“rigorousIncrease;211587”]Early access “We have to test the update first, even tho its in a playable state”

I love you SD, and I love you DB, but instead of literally confirming that you are using Early Access as an excuse for @$!# up, how about USE IT and patch and hotfix the update and tune it WITH the players, instead of pushing the update then having stuff go wrong, then not say anything about it for a fortnight, and have people screaming at you… js[/quote]

You mean Closed Beta

(The_N00Ba) #12

It says Dirty Bomb is in Open Beta on the Steam store page.

(bontsa) #13

Early Access, @rigorousIncrease ? You keep using that word, I don’t think it means what you think it means.

(The_N00Ba) #14

(rigorousIncrease) #15

A few things…

1. I went to the store page and didnt see an “early access” tab… My bad. Do your research before ragging on someone/something I guess :pensive:
  2. “Early Access” is two words, and you said “that word”… You could have said “that phrase”… Sorry, it just bothers me.
  3. I do know what it means, but I think if they want to test it then they should let the players do it. The point of letting people play your game in beta is to get feedback as updates and patches are pushed to fine tune it along the way, instead of pushing an update THEN tuning it later…

(iggie) #16

Thank you for the call-out!

(bontsa) #17

@rigorousIncrease Phrase-wise it was merely a lousy movie-liner /meme I quoted, so not that much about grammatical correctness :wink:

While your frustration is understandable taken the history of patches, SD has actually quite well layered ways of testing. Utilising everything that all of them offer properly is what is lacking if anything. They have their internal QA, then there is Private Test Server group, and then the Beta testing in live build. The last part is what most people seem to forget all the time sadly, they (not saying that you necessarily) seem to expect triple-A title level of polished product for some insane reasons. Hah, even those have bugs creeping in but you ain’t hearing whines for some reason.

Have a like for admitting your (very) little error though!

(rigorousIncrease) #18

[quote=“bontsa;211678”]@rigorousIncrease Phrase-wise it was merely a lousy movie-liner /meme I quoted, so not that much about grammatical correctness :wink:

While your frustration is understandable taken the history of patches, SD has actually quite well layered ways of testing. Utilising everything that all of them offer properly is what is lacking if anything. They have their internal QA, then there is Private Test Server group, and then the Beta testing in live build. The last part is what most people seem to forget all the time sadly, they (not saying that you necessarily) seem to expect triple-A title level of polished product for some insane reasons. Hah, even those have bugs creeping in but you ain’t hearing whines for some reason.

Have a like for admitting your (very) little error though![/quote]

I see… I just didnt get it at first but i get the reference now, and with the whole QA thing i understand now. Thanks :slight_smile: have a like yourself for being completely chill

(NaIKoLDY) #19

o shoeth, o shoeth! wherefore is th’re nay video?