New Dev Video: Skin Preview

(Mc1412013) #21

@boerhae said:
https://twitter.com/DirtyBomb/status/907219693727076353

This is what I was referring to @Mc1412013
I suppose it was just a fun thing for them to do, but I want to see it as a skin

Yeah i would love that one too. would be great to have some fan created obsidians.
@stayfreshshoe concept done make that kira into the game please.

(henki000) #22

New phoenix skin reminds me little bit cover art from original doom.

(TitaniumRapture) #23

Friend sent me something he found on the internet. It would probably fit more to phantom or so. But i would love black and red weapon. :slight_smile:

(n-x) #24

@TitaniumRapture The black and orange is cool. But whatever color you pant this helmet. It will stay looking crappy.

(Ptiloui) #25

@TitaniumRapture said:
Friend sent me something he found on the internet. It would probably fit more to phantom or so. But i would love black and red weapon. :slight_smile:

Those colors fit more the obsidian look of others mercs. But the helmet is a bit too… Antman :smiley:
Considering Phoenix wears a helmet and a mask by default, an Obsidian skin withouth helmet, showing his red hair, combined with bloody clothes (as if he just operated recently) would have been better from my pov.
Or taking inspiration from the mythical pheonix bird, with burnt vestments, and still with his red hair brushed like a super sayian :smile:

(TitaniumRapture) #26

@Ptiloui said:

@TitaniumRapture said:

Those colors fit more the obsidian look of others mercs. But the helmet is a bit too… Antman :smiley:
Considering Phoenix wears a helmet and a mask by default, an Obsidian skin withouth helmet, showing his red hair, combined with bloody clothes (as if he just operated recently) would have been better from my pov.
Or taking inspiration from the mythical pheonix bird, with burnt vestments, and still with his red hair brushed like a super sayian :smile:

Oh yeah some gory skins (blood, injuries) would be pretty cool. :slight_smile:

(Xenithos) #27

@TitaniumRapture said:

Well… It’s better than what we’re currently seeing.

(Your worst knifemare.) #28

@boerhae said:
https://twitter.com/DirtyBomb/status/907219693727076353

I would 100% buy this with the cash i will never have.

(Mc1412013) #29

@TitaniumRapture said:

This is way better colors han the one they are using. Still hate the poncho and the master chief hellmet needs to go

(Kevin_ONE) #30

The phoenix skin to me looks like a sith empire stormtrooper

(DB Genome editor) #31

@Mc1412013 said:
This is way better colors han the one they are using. Still hate the poncho and the master chief hellmet needs to go
Of all the helmet stereotypes, “Master Chief” is definitely not the vibe I’m getting here. The defining characteristic of the MC helmet is the front bill over the visor, similar to motocross helmets. This new Phoenix one definitely has none of that. Feels much more Stormtrooper-ish to me. Combine that with the black outfit above and he’s starting to look a bit too much like Rogue One’s Death Troopers.

The extra bulk of the poncho combined with the large phoenix graphic is also starting to look quite similar to WH40K space marines shoulder pads with the imperial eagle.

That being said, I’m not a fan of the washed out camo they gave him. This looks like Swiss Alpenflage that would have been washed a million times… Something more contrasted, possibly with a different palette than the Bronze skins would have had more impact.

(boerhae) #32

Helmet personally reminds me of Brotherhood of Steel Paladins from Fallout New Vegas. I don’t think the skin is terrible, in fact I love the phoenix on his sleeve, but the camo doesn’t fit. Maybe if the skin were a different color?