New Dev Video: Phantom's Rework

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all!

Wanna know about Phantom’s rework? You’ve come to the right place

Vote for Server Browser: http://forums.dirtybomb.com/discussion/39079/shuffling-teams-in-server-browser-matches
Community Spotlight - ‘Easter Eggs & References Pt.2 | Dirty Bomb’ by Ryhon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJQwypvco-c

Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/dirtybombgame/videos
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DirtyBombGame/
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/DirtyBomb

Enjoy!
shoe.

(n-x) #2

How is Kira based on Kaneda? Because they are both wearing leather jackets? Is that offcially confirmed?

(Mc1412013) #3

Dont like the pulse

(TheStrangerous) #4

“FULLY INVISIBLE”

This is too good to be true…

(GatoCommodore) #5

@TheStrangerous said:
“FULLY INVISIBLE”

but no longer able to attack from cloak
so it will be the same type with spy from TF2

cant wait to try it.

(TheStrangerous) #6

@GatoCommodore said:

@TheStrangerous said:
“FULLY INVISIBLE”

cant wait to try it.

But what if something goes wrong, AGAIN?

No, no, there has to be bad luck somewhere!

(GatoCommodore) #7

@TheStrangerous said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@TheStrangerous said:
“FULLY INVISIBLE”

cant wait to try it.

But what if something goes wrong, AGAIN?

No, no, there has to be bad luck somewhere!

we will see on the day its patched to the game.

(Ptiloui) #8

Hope you thought about removing the birdy sound when he’s moving while cloaked :slight_smile:

Need to see how this decloaking animation performs.

(Mc1412013) #9

@GatoCommodore said:

@TheStrangerous said:
“FULLY INVISIBLE”

cant wait to try it.

So he has to uncloak so you can get taken out before time u try to heavy atack or fire a single shot??? I wish they showed him in combat in that vid

(GatoCommodore) #10

@Mc1412013 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@TheStrangerous said:
“FULLY INVISIBLE”

cant wait to try it.

So he has to uncloak so you can get taken out before time u try to heavy atack or fire a single shot??? I wish they showed him in combat in that vid

well, that depends on the phantom noise too.

if they didnt silence the noise, well fug…

(TheStrangerous) #11

Yeah, they may intentionally forget removing the Slenderman sound coming from cloak.

And then threads like “PHANTOM STILL SUCKS! REMOVE THE NOISE!” will appear.
The Slenderman noise will cause new drama here.

(GatoCommodore) #12

@TheStrangerous said:
Yeah, they may intentionally forget removing the Slenderman sound coming from cloak.

And then threads like “PHANTOM STILL SUCKS! REMOVE THE NOISE!” will appear.
The Slenderman noise will cause new drama here.

well, im hoping flanking is easier since invisible.

(BBBadger) #13

Can’t wait to try this new reworked Phantom. Re-learning how to play with the new cloak mechanic will probably take some time to adjust.

Just a couple of questions though:

• How long will it take for him to decloak? Same duration as activating it?
  • Will the cloak duration be the same?
  • As the others have mentioned, what will happen to his cloaked noise effect? With him being fully invisible now, will it still be there as a means to counter it?

(Xenithos) #14

IM SO EXCITED! I FEEL LIKE DANCING!

(SiwaonaDaphnewen) #15

Not enough info given actually. When EMP was added to Phantom he also got ~7 sec instantly to cool down. Is it removed or reduced since EMP is separated?

How is he affected by Proxy mine? Like before EMP introduce?

What is the cloak duration and most importantly the cloak HP? Something tells me that if it remains 20 hp at full cloak - the Red eye will spot Phantom and counter him even harder as Phantom loses an oportunity to shoot first. That’s possible free head shot or heavy melee attack which do much more damage than the cloak can tank.

Still not quite certain about his utility against RE and recons in general as cloak now doesnt disable HBS and SNITCH.

Let’s see what happens. He’ll surely be much better than atm.

(kopyright) #16

@SiwaonaDaphnewen said:
How is he affected by Proxy mine? Like before EMP introduce?

Considering his EMP isn’t an always-on passive ability anymore I would think that mines won’t get disabled anymore.

(l2c) #17

They taken the stealth assassin and turned him into some flanking emp-gnome, which is completely unnecessary when introducing a merc with ranged EMP at the same time.
Overall this feels more like a nerf than anything. The cloak delay is going to make it super-clunky to actual kill. And in a game were you can get killed REALLY fast, you’re likely to die before even being able to act. But hey, you’ll be invisible on your way to die atleast.

(Craikn) #18

he needs to have truely more “cloak HP”…since he cant attack out of cloak its just fair to get to your desired spot or to vanish infight…so if you get random hits or so you won´t uncloak in middle of battle…also the “uncloak” needs to be instant so u have only 1 sec delay of “uncloak-firsthit/hardhit”…EMP not constant is nice in my opinion…so if Phantom transforms more n more to TF2 Spy…why not even give him the ability to stay in stealth for unlimited time if he doesnt move and only drain his cloakenergy by moving lol xD ?

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #19

I honestly already see a problem with the cloak deactivation auto-activating the EMP. I get the idea behind the process, in that it can be timed to a team push, but it’s a case of “looks good on paper, but falls flat in application”. What would’ve worked just fine was simply to separate the EMP from his cloak and he’d be perfectly fine. He has always been incredibly niche, but players who knew what they were doing have never had a problem using him to do exactly what they hope this update will do to begin with.

It’s the idiots who run around playing him like he used to be commonly seen played like in pubs that are having problems outside that scene and against competent players; and it’s because he’s an ambush Merc by design. He requires patience, map knowledge, positioning, and knowing when to use your guns (which is most of the time) and when to swap to melee; not to mention a competent team that communicates and pushes when you create the opening. I never had a problem using a Gen 1 Sneaky card (i.e. C51), which doesn’t even have the katana, and I really just feel this is a step in the complete wrong direction.

(Teflon Love) #20

@n-x said:
How is Kira based on Kaneda? Because they are both wearing leather jackets? Is that offcially confirmed?

Well, if you look closely they are almost the same. Kira just needs to dye her hair black, clad herself in tight red leather, change her gender to male and swap her orbital laser with a motor cycle.