New Dev Video: New Merc: Guardian

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all,

It’s time to mix things up again. Say hello to our next Merc, Guardian

Community Spotlight - ‘MightyEra Fragmovie #1’ by MightyEra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mcS-bEkI3g

Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/dirtybombgame/videos
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DirtyBombGame/
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/DirtyBomb

Enjoy,
shoe.

(Ptiloui) #2

:open_mouth:
So, at first i was : omg, another merc that will make others useless.
Then i watched more the video and :
The shield seems interesting, but i wonder how many hp it has (because somewhere at the video, it seems the ennemy merc is firing for a too long time for me)
The AOE revive seems balance, i haven’t see many situation when it is really useful to revive 2+ teammates at a time.
And those 2 abilities are balanced by the lack of healing ability, we will still need mercs that can heal.

To resume things, interesting merc that seems way more balanced that Javelin.
Still need to know which other weapons she can have (M4 ? SHAR-C ?).

Oh, and it seems it destroy stoker’s molotov too. Why when it is destroyed, it doesn’t pop fire where it was ?

EDIT : Oh, and first :smiley:

(Dieu-Sama) #3

She looks like Skin Diamond

Cough* A friend of mine told me anyway

(Kevin_ONE) #4

When she destroys the projectiles do you get reduced cool down?

(frostyvampire) #5

Wellp, that’s a new meta in EV attack maps now.

@stayfreshshoe will we be getting Halloween skins this month? I mean actual Halloween costumes (and not just orange skins with a pumpkin skin or something)

(woodchip) #6

I hope she has some kind of healing, even if it is very weak compared to other mercs. Playing a healer that is totally dependent on other healers for healing doesn’t really appeal to me.

(Mc1412013) #7

Can the mercs be gibbed in the dome of healing

(kittz0r) #8

at least give the Female some different haircuts…

(Xenithos) #9

I saw sombra and Tokki merged in looks, and sparks and phoenix revived in ability, with a freaking countermeasures. What’s not to love? New waifu alert.

I’ve come to accept that this game is just too SJW to ever introduce scrub, the true hero of DB.

(Max Plite) #10

Right after seeing her reveal and all cool gadgets i though: “Oh, a new Javelin… OP”
After thinking a bit more: Actually all her abilities seem balanced right now.

The Shield drone (or whatever it is called) might appear as totally OP cause it can just negate Fraggers and Nader grenades or Skyhammers strike… but its very well visible, both device and its range of working. Device is floating so you can’t hide it behind 2cm high obstacle or in the bushes/grass and make it impossible for enemy to destroy it. Also range is displayed by visible dome so enemies have chance to think before throwing their projectiles. Still don’t know if it has some limit in destoyed projectiles and if it can destroy them trough walls.

The Bionic pulse = Second Sparks? I dont think so. Guardian like Sparks can heal from distance but she will probably have maximum range while Sparks doesnt have such disadvantage.
It also doesnt deal damage to enemies and you won’t probably be able to use it often.
And fianally there will be not many moments when 2 or more teammates near to each other will need revive at once.

Also - the appearance. I like when set of certain things (here: all mercs) is kept in single style - unlike Javelin she doesnt look like fantasy character with completely far-futuristic sci-fi equipment and she quite well fits in among other mercs with her look.

(AlbinMatt) #11

@kittz0r said:

Next skin overhaul: add haircut customisation

(Mc1412013) #12

@Xenithos said:
I saw sombra and Tokki merged in looks, and sparks and phoenix revived in ability, with a freaking countermeasures. What’s not to love? New waifu alert.

I’ve come to accept that this game is just too SJW to ever introduce scrub, the true hero of DB.

I dunno kinda like sombra more as a wifu. It was kitsune but they changed her after beta and looks nothing like the original.

(Ptiloui) #13

@Mc1412013 said:

@Xenithos said:

I dunno kinda like sombra more as a wifu was kitsune but they changed her after beta and looks bothing like the original.

Omg, what they did to kitsune is just horrible, she had so much more personality with her old face than now :confused:

(videoboy4000) #14

Oh no. Airstriker marker is also in the dev video bugged, which means it isnt fixed yet.

(GatoCommodore) #15

@kittz0r said:

while i agree…

in combat, women need to have compact hair style so it doesnt hinder vision
but this one? it looked like she can barely see anything if shes running

(XavienX) #16

@kittz0r said:

What? This is the first female merc with an undercut???

(kittz0r) #17

@XavienX said:

@kittz0r said:

Sparks, Aura, Javelin have more or less the same Haircut.

(blufflord) #18

@kittz0r said:

@XavienX said:

@kittz0r said:

Maybe they all have the same post apocalyptic barber/ hair dresser?

(XavienX) #19

@kittz0r said:

@XavienX said:

@kittz0r said:

I mean I’m wouldn’t expect women to go to battles with their hair loose. Sparks has medium length hair combed to one side. Aura has more of a bob haircut with obvious bangs in the front. Javelin has long hair but is all braided. I would say only Sparks looks the closest, Javelin and Aura looks nothing close.

(Xerny) #20

Am i the only one that kind of sees Guardians’ and Sparks’ hairstyles as the same but with a diffrent color?