New Dev Video: Map Surgery

(Chris Mullins) #1

With our maps under the digital knife, we asked environment artists The White Lycan and ElectricSheep about their map surgery methods.

Enjoy!
shoe.

(SiegeFace) #2

You should totally make a gif of the first 5 seconds of the video.

Seriously still cannot wait for this update, the new chapel lighting looks sexy.

(BlackboltLW) #3

I hope Dome will be optimized too, I want to see them details

(deftMoon) #4

wont adding more stuff to the map make it less optimized? can we expect the update for next week? early november so…

(Ptiloui) #5

Can’t wait for all of these changes !

(Tanker_Ray) #6

DIRTY DOGE

(Your worst knifemare.) #7

Doge always comes.

(Mc1412013) #8

@stayfreshshoe there are people including me who dont use the face books is there an alternate way watch the q&a

Lovely! <3

I can’t wait for the update.

(MilkyBear) #10

Asking the real question: WHEN ?

(Chris Mullins) #11

We can upload the video here afterwards too for you to check out :slight_smile:

(Mc1412013) #12

We can upload the video here afterwards too for you to check out :)[/quote]

What happened to twitch you guys(devs) abandoned it

(The_N00Ba) #13

As far as I know Splash Damage and Nexon talked among themselves. Made a business decision based on some data collected during some time frame. That decision lead to the current format of video production and streaming… :slight_smile:

(Mc1412013) #14

But why facebook live over twitch where every one had acces to it not every one has facebook just curious thats all

(Xenithos) #15

I only hope these visual optimizations don’t make lag worse, I play the game on higher settings because I like to see the details. But dome is already re-known for causing most computers issues. More foliage etc. might cause issues.

(The_N00Ba) #16

But why facebook live over twitch where every one had acces to it not every one has facebook just curious thats all[/quote]

It’s cool to be curious. I think it is a good question. I hope @stayfreshshoe will be able to help out with your curiosity Mc1412013 when he goes back to work hopefully Monday. I have a feeling though his answer will be a better worded version of what I wrote. I still hoep he could and would go into more detail though. :slight_smile:

(GatoCommodore) #17

guys…
did @stayfreshshoe said Later This november?

so its no longer early november?

should we get compensation for this?

(SnakekillerX) #18

[quote=“sweetColumn;210695”]guys…
did @stayfreshshoe said Later This november?

so its no longer early november? [/quote]

He did, though its hard to say if the update would be coming out late November now or if it would just be coming out later in November compared to when the video was posted.

No… why?

(*OCB* alphabeta) #19

Dirty Bomb is down now (November 10th) for this update? I have not seen any post.

(SiegeFace) #20

Just security updates and routine maintenance for the servers…move along nothing to see here.