New Dev Video: Improving Framerate

(Chris Mullins) #1

Want to know what’s going on to improve your framerate? BurntKona and East-Eden tell us what they’ve been up to…

Enjoy!
shoe.

(GatoCommodore) #2

guys, please subscribe to the channel, i really want that taco trinket.

Amazing! Have a :cookie: for your work.

(deftMoon) #4

will the next directx program be included as well?

(Herr_Hanz) #5

@stayfreshshoe Dck move not mentioning that only 5 countries are allowed to compete. such a facade. now give me your "Dont be a Dck" shirt.

(SiegeFace) #6

Loving these vids! Can’t wait for the map update, that sneak peak of chapel from the other week looks sexy!

(bontsa) #7

Fixed

(JonBongNoJovi) #8

So start of November eh ? lets see :wink:

(Chris Mullins) #9

We’re still working on that! We want to make sure it’s bug-free before putting it into the game.[quote=“Herr_Hanz;208187”]@stayfreshshoe Dck move not mentioning that only 5 countries are allowed to compete. such a facade. now give me your "Dont be a Dck" shirt.[/quote]

Sorry if I got your hopes up :frowning: We want to keep these videos as short and concise as possible, and it has all of the terms on the forum post. Stupid legal issues stopping us from giving people free stuff. It makes us sad too. We can do world-wide with digital prizes though so keep an eye open for our next one!

(geronimoooo) #10

[quote=“stayfreshshoe;208273”]
Sorry if I got your hopes up :frowning: We want to keep these videos as short and concise as possible, and it has all of the terms on the forum post. Stupid legal issues stopping us from giving people free stuff. It makes us sad too. We can do world-wide with digital prizes though so keep an eye open for our next one![/quote]

I wouldnt mind getting dirty bomb themed digital watch :slight_smile:

(GhostEntity) #11

Keep up the regular pace on these videos guys, it’s lovely to see the work that’s happening behind the scenes.

(Stokes1) #12

We’re still working on that! We want to make sure it’s bug-free before putting it into the game.[quote=“Herr_Hanz;208187”]@stayfreshshoe Dck move not mentioning that only 5 countries are allowed to compete. such a facade. now give me your "Dont be a Dck" shirt.[/quote]

Sorry if I got your hopes up :frowning: We want to keep these videos as short and concise as possible, and it has all of the terms on the forum post. Stupid legal issues stopping us from giving people free stuff. It makes us sad too. We can do world-wide with digital prizes though so keep an eye open for our next one![/quote]

That doesn’t make any sense! You can’t give someone something for free because of legal issues? So if I wanted to give you something I can’t? Something just doesn’t jive right with that.

(Xenithos) #13

That doesn’t make any sense! You can’t give someone something for free because of legal issues? So if I wanted to give you something I can’t? Something just doesn’t jive right with that.

[/quote]
It still costs them money, as a number one. It’s not free for them. S&H…

Not only are there shipping and handling fees, different countries have different rules on copyrights, foreign exchange policies, trading, transportation, etc. They also have different rules regarding from what country they come from. Such as Cuba isn’t going to be trading much with the U.S.A. since they hate us. Same for North Korea. SD can only fully guarantee all prizes, and that all American/London rule-sets that the competition is started in are being followed in very specific areas.

It’s not always just the prizes given that are the limiting factor. And Shoe is probably not 100% accurate by saying that digital prizes are completely world-wide, because that’s only somewhat correct as well. However, the reason digital is more available world-wide is because they control their digital product. They are the most in-control of it, and where it can go, etc. If a country were to ban their game, then technically they can’t send it to that country either. However, if that were the case you wouldn’t be able to play their game right now legally as it is. :wink:

(cakeblock941) #14

[/quote]

When exactly did legality start relating solely to currency?

(DB Genome editor) #15

Promotional contests are always subject to some sort of legal regulations. Some countries or states have more restrictions than others which makes it difficult or costly to include them (such as rules translation in the official language, formal registration of the contest, oversight of how the prizes are awarded, etc…), making the effort not worthwhile… My own province is like that which often causes us to be excluded from contests available everywhere else in North America :’(

(Herr_Hanz) #16

@Daga i was making a joke about him being a Dck while he had a 'dont be a dck’ tshirt, mind removing the abuse report from my post?

(Your worst knifemare.) #17

Very nice looking stuff being added i see.