New dev update - Melee skins and real money currency - Your thoughts?

(ThePigVomit) #21

@STARRYSOCK said:

@GatoCommodore said:
NOT
ADRESSING
THE
DEPLOYABLE
BUG

…which deployable bug?

Stickies won’t trigger mines, etc…

(n-x) #22

The whole “we reward our beta players for 6 weeks” is such bullshit. This has nothing to do with rewarding us. This is to get us hooked on the new weapon skin/rad system. If they wanted to really reward us there would be rewards according to account age/hours played/maybe feedback, you receive by just logging in.

Now, a total beginner who started yesterday and did nothing to improve the game during the beta gets rewarded as beta player. The guys who spend years playing, testing and giving feedback and SD finally managed to drive off with their latest game design decisions will get nothing.

Typical SD, always the eyes on the money while they are pretending they would do something for their players.

(D'@athi) #23

Nopthing about looking into balance, nothing about fixing shitty servers, nothing about laggers/highpingers, nothing about all the annoying bugs. Only the same rng-shit as ever.
But hey, I guess 3-year-olds will have to buy knifeskins, now.
DB, early-access-cashgrab 4 life, what ever amount of it is left…

(Meerkats) #24

A haiku:

Dirty Bomb is saved
Ranked is now battle royale
Praise be stayfreshshoe

How do I centre align text?

(GatoCommodore) #25

@Meerkats said:
A haiku:

Dirty Bomb is saved
Ranked now battle royale
Praise almighty Shoe

How do I centre align text?

Center
                                                 Align
                                                 Text

using spacebar
a bit weird tho

(DB Genome editor) #26

Very disappointed by the melee skins :frowning:

After the nice job of creating unique styles and a real progression for the rarities on the gun skins, I had higher expectations for the melee weapons than just taking those rarities literally and spraying everything with metallic paints… :confused:

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #27

Do the painted handles throw anyone else off? The Stiletto ones are the only ones I would actually strive for, and I hate the Stiletto.
Although if I get that cobalt Becky, I will definitely use it on a Sawbonez loadout. I’ll have a whole lotta *sses to surgerize.

(Mc1412013) #28

@Deathi said:
Nopthing about looking into balance, nothing about fixing @$!# servers, nothing about laggers/highpingers, nothing about all the annoying bugs. Only the same rng-@$!# as ever.
But hey, I guess 3-year-olds will have to buy knifeskins, now.
DB, early-access-cashgrab 4 life, what ever amount of it is left…

First thing my kid said when i told him about skins was “this aint csgo”

(D'@athi) #29

@Mc1412013 said:

First thing my kid said when i told him about skins was “this aint csgo”

Your kid is right. Reporting in CS:Go has the needed features and the game runs mucho mory manyoro better. And for all those fps, the new maps look really nice, but “sadly”, you ain’t got that 10 packets/sec-plenty’o’-time-to-look-around-feeling.
Still you sometimes have to play on Stockholm-servers until you block them. But if you do, you may play on their western-europe-ones without having to restart the game after a every single failed connect-attempt. :stuck_out_tongue:
Uh… and Valve makes real money by not inflating rng-prices for knive-skins. That’s left to the community g. Uhm, and, … did I mention 66 packets (or 100 with adjustments)/sec;ff-on;pinglimited;-private-servers? Hmm k.

(Press E) #30

@MuddyGrenade said:
Do the painted handles throw anyone else off? The Stiletto ones are the only ones I would actually strive for, and I hate the Stiletto.

Same. The cricket bat even has the original decal over it, so clearly it’s possible not to make the entire thing one colour. I’m not sure why they went with this

(DB Genome editor) #31

@MuddyGrenade said:
Do the painted handles throw anyone else off?
Looks really weird on the Beckhill and even worst on the katana since the hilt is supposed to be wrapped in fabric :confused:

@STARRYSOCK said:
Same. The cricket bat even has the original decal over it, so clearly it’s possible not to make the entire thing one colour. I’m not sure why they went with this
If you look closely in the video, the decal has an obvious edge, so I would not be surprised if it had always been a separate texture overlay. My guess is that they only changed the base texture of the bat to a monochrome metallic, they did not create a complete new skin with the base color and the decal. If they had done the later, why not make the decal different then, using a blue palette for the cobalt skin seen in the video?

(l2c) #32

Well. Re. melee skins, I’m on board if they also skin loadouts, as in giving loadouts a melee skin to go with it. If loadouts remain unskinned, I’ll probably post in caps :<
Calling it beta-rewards tho, when atleast some of it costs… D:

As for Rads. Someone on Reddit pointed out that a case is 1400 rads, while cheapest option to buy is 1200. I am NOT on board with currency bundles that don’t line up with what you actually spend said currency on. If there’s something I loathe about F2P games, it’s having leftover currency when you buy stuff. To buy one case, you have to what? Buy 2400 rads? Then what am I supposed to do with 1k rads? I’m not spending premium currency on crafting thankyouverymuch. It’s an obvious ploy to get you to spend/waste more. I hate it.

As for Phantom. Third week in a row they’re saying the exact same thing, while having done nothing. Pointless fluff. I’m not gonna agree just because they say it multiple times.

(FalC_16) #33

If they make lucille cricketbat or even baseball bat …I will be like shut up and take my money!

(Teflon Love) #34

Personally I couldn’t care less about melee skins. AFAIR I currently have 14 unlocked weapon cases and 9 keys in my in my inventory.

But if there’s people who are into it, knock yourself out. Worst thing that could have is that the game gets funded by a horde of 12 year old phantoms that pester their parents into getting Katana skins.

What’s important though that then we get community servers with a knife-only setup where these Phantoms can show off their skins to each other. (And also Sniper only servers, where the useless Vassilis can flock.) So the rest of us can enjoy the game on other servers with more sensible people.

Ingame money currency of course is an amoral practice which will eventually be regulated by law one way or the other. It’s sad to see SD jumped the bandwagon. As an article on Looking at In-Game Currencies puts it:

We can look even deeper at why the “Premium Currency” formula works so well. It’s harnessing some well documented psychological patterns with it players. Everybody experienced loss aversion, we are afraid of waste and try hard to avoid it. Premium currency packs take advantage of this loss aversion through the “Sunk Cost” effect to encourage its players to pay more. The “Sunk Cost” effect is when not losing money in a losing proposition becomes the main reason to throw in more money. In this case leaving unspent Premium Currency is the “losing proposition” and the player, having already invested money into the game, is inclined to spend more to acquire additional premium currency and use the unspent currency sitting in their accounts effectively, thereby in their mind, nullifying the initial loss.

It also provides a sound base for further abusive patterns, some of which are explained in an article on Using ‘Behavioural Economics’ in UX design (sadly the images are broken by now).

(Begin2018) #35

SD, if you want to reward beta players, give us Rads proportional to the level we reached in beta. Not sh*tty melee skins…

(kopyright) #36

@Begin2018 said:
SD, if you want to reward beta players, give us Rads proportional to the level we reached in beta. Not sh*tty melee skins…

One Rad per level?

(Your worst knifemare.) #37

Tbh I’m fine with this, if you don’t want to pay for rads you can still get them by daily reward, arsenal crates and by matches(?).
Their video also mentioned that some of the melee skins would be free if I’m remember it right.

(Press E) #38

@kopyright said:

@Begin2018 said:

One Rad per level?

120 rads for me, definitely a huge value, lol

(Teflon Love) #39

@Begin2018 said:

I would also be fine with Rads proportional to the total credits we acquired so far instead of the credits we currently own. :wink:

(Mc1412013) #40

@Begin2018 said:

Fast forward into the future weeks after db 1.0. Shoe apologizes again because they brought back the exclusive beta fighter skins claiming they never said it was exclusive when its on video of him saying its exclusive.