New Brink PC Update Released

(AntOO) #101

great job SD hope the rest will follow soon and we get the pc game we waited for

(light_sh4v0r) #102

Good patch, many improvements.
Performance is still 20 fps in most maps though, still annoyingly low but at least enough to get most kills best overall and best medic in nearly every game I play.

@DAUK: reconnect is your friend. Make a macro and hit it in the console. Works well enough for me for now :wink:

(Dolo_420) #103

Very nice.

(dazman76) #104

Tested today, and I don’t seem to be getting auto-look - as expected. Something strange going on here, for some people? Does the auto-look change also depend on the server you’re playing on being up to date too?

(McAfee) #105

Security Day 6 on EASY is still Too HARD, because the automatic bot scaling is way off.

A new character on Hard is easier than using a level 20 character on easy. That should not be, EASY should always be easier than medium not matter what, and medium should always be easier than Hard.

(Toxic_Ninja) #106

Good stuff, I was waiting for a lot of these to get fixed.

Keep up the awesome work splash damage, been a fan since ET.

(jazevec) #107

[QUOTE=light_sh4v0r;335080]Good patch, many improvements.
Performance is still 20 fps in most maps though,[/QUOTE]

And that’s enough for pre-release screenshots.

(kamikazee) #108

[QUOTE=dazman76;335588]Tested today, and I don’t seem to be getting auto-look - as expected. Something strange going on here, for some people? Does the auto-look change also depend on the server you’re playing on being up to date too?[/QUOTE]People have reported that you still switch to auto-look mode if you are too far away to throw a buff or pack instead of ignoring your key press or just making you lose a pip. You should still have some extra sprint speed.

Try it and report back. :wink:

(GreasedScotsman) #109

It seems that it still pulls you to follow someone out of range, but if in range, it won’t whip your view around… instead, it’ll just perform the buff.

(brinco1971) #110

COME ON, guys!

Still no offline LAN?. Some of us have LAN parties to run, you know?. And if there is no offline LAN by then, you’re going to lose a lot of sales.

(Nail) #111

There is LAN on PC

(Crytiqal) #112

Really? I thought the clients still needed to authenticate with steam?

(kamikazee) #113

I thought you could put Steam in offline mode and play that way…

(Crytiqal) #114

Not according to this thread:

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26877

(Smoochy) #115

anyone else noticed some odd behaviour on servers? i hate to say ‘cheat’ but being killed with 2 near instant headshots from a carb9 shouldnt kill me. even when fully buffed they cant kill with 2 headshots and the deviation/spray should mean thats impossible. same with barnet, i tried it: double buff and you dont kill with a headshot, yet people OHK me plenty.

(Hurlbag) #116

Had this aswell, some light bodytype with carb9 just sprints into me and my teammates, 2 of us instantly went down to carb9 headshots, was so fast it was like the following consecuative bullet headshot my teammate right after I died. Seems pretty bull**** considering he was running, at range and always seems to get headshots.

[QUOTE=light_sh4v0r;335080]Good patch, many improvements.
Performance is still 20 fps in most maps though, still annoyingly low but at least enough to get most kills best overall and best medic in nearly every game I play.

@DAUK: reconnect is your friend. Make a macro and hit it in the console. Works well enough for me for now :wink:[/QUOTE]

The bots do need buffing… but good for you. :smiley:

(dazman76) #118

[QUOTE=kamikazee;335798]People have reported that you still switch to auto-look mode if you are too far away to throw a buff or pack instead of ignoring your key press or just making you lose a pip. You should still have some extra sprint speed.

Try it and report back. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ah yep, that’s what I’m seeing too :slight_smile: Working nicely I guess - the out-of-range does get you a nice speed boost, so I guess we shouldn’t complain about a bit of auto-look in that situation :slight_smile: In-range activation is certainly far, far better now, especially when reviving/comms-hacking etc.

(orm0003) #119

awesome, when do we get this DLC ?!

(BomBaKlaK) #120

Waiting the end of this beta test …