Net settings

(Wackocat) #21

I’d love to see the feedback on this thread.

I’ve got the same lagometer image and the same lagfest happening to me.
Don’t know my net client settings, should have a look.

For me it started about 2-3 months ago, before that I didn’t have any issues. Didn’t really switch config or anything, so not sure what happend.

(Coliseum) #22

Figured as much… :frowning: Thought I’d give it a shot anyway…

(Kordin) #23

In my experience there is no solution for this problem. its just a server sided problem together with a crappy netcode. The lag is just random, on some days its unplayable (90% of the time) and sometimes it seems to be atleast decent. That was allways a problem, but in the last month it became worse and worse (also one of the reasons why i dont play etqw anymore).

The only thing that had made a recognizable difference for me befor i stoped playing etqw almost completely, is the population of the server. If possible u should join servers that arent full (which is most of the time not possible, because the game is dead and only 2 servers with people on it are avi^^).

So my advice, deal with this situation because u cant change it or save yourself a lot of rage and quit qw…

(MoonOnAStick) #24

I know the netcode was never that great but it actually seems much worse now. Has anything changed server-side? Maybe I’ve had a moment of clarity and finally seen the truth :eek:

As for players editing config files to improve their net connection, even in 2007 this was an anachronism. I don’t have to open a text editor or pull down a terminal on my phone to manually select the best base station.

(Breo) #25

The default setting is 0? However I don’t know what it does. But increasing it requires more bandwidth, you can check it with net_showAsyncStats 1.

(Ashog) #26

[QUOTE=Wackocat;400693]I’d love to see the feedback on this thread.

I’ve got the same lagometer image and the same lagfest happening to me.
Don’t know my net client settings, should have a look.

For me it started about 2-3 months ago, before that I didn’t have any issues. Didn’t really switch config or anything, so not sure what happend.[/QUOTE]

That’s why I am not playing anymore. I will try to reinstall ETQW tho on the weekend. Last resort. There are hints to ETQW install since the performance of ETQW started to gradually deteriorate about a year ago for me. Now it’s almost unplayable. I mean fps is nice, ping too, but … Can only run nowadays, but hardly keel anyone. Sad, sad…

(Dthy) #27

Yeh the games getting laggier and laggier, so are the servers. (ad pro used to have no lag, now it’s a lag fest, as is villa pub server and occasionally aardvark server).

(Coliseum) #28

Afaik it sends multiple copies of your input commands. Helps when you get a lot of packet loss: a copy might make it through. I just stuck it in my cfg to see if it would make a difference (nope).