Nerf Hotchfir Aimpunch

(woodchip) #1

It’s over the top. Hotchfir would have a good niche even without making tracking impossible in duels & making focus a requirement.

Edit: sry meant to post in Weapons.

(hoyes) #2

Tbh its not just the hochfir though. Literally focus is a must have if you want to win 1v1s against good players with high rof weapons. Imo they should reduce/remove aimpunch on all but snipers, which should be increased when ads a lot.

(Eox) #3

Moving to weapon discussions.

(vavom1) #4

the hochfir’s aim punch is fine. just becasue its the only weapon that uses aimpunch as its advantage dosent mean it should be nerfed. otherwise itll become useless. also focus isnt only needed against the hochfir. all guns provide a certain amount of aimpunch and so focus always helps. it dosent mean it should be nerfed to the ground

(woodchip) #5

I don’t think Aimpunch is a good way to balance weapons. Having certain weapons aimpunch harder creates a situation where Focus feels mandatory to deal with certain mercs.

Also, Aimpunch like the Hochfir has goes well beyond the purpose of having aimpunch in the first place. The value of aimpunch is to give the first shooter a small advantage, so that there is a slightly greater emphasis on tactical play. But the Hochfir punch (small, but constant disruption) doesn’t really do that as much as it makes heads up duels 1 sided.

Also, the Hochfir is a strong gun overall even leaving aside its weird aimpunch edge. For instance, it is superior to the SMG-9 in virtually every respect. It’s the most accurate SMG, and one of the harder hitting. Hard to argue that it would be “useless” if you reduced its aimpunch to the level of normal guns.

(GatoCommodore) #6

@woodchip said:
I don’t think Aimpunch is a good way to balance weapons. Having certain weapons aimpunch harder creates a situation where Focus feels mandatory to deal with certain mercs.

Also, Aimpunch like the Hochfir has goes well beyond the purpose of having aimpunch in the first place. The value of aimpunch is to give the first shooter a small advantage, so that there is a slightly greater emphasis on tactical play. But the Hochfir punch (small, but constant disruption) doesn’t really do that as much as it makes heads up duels 1 sided.

Also, the Hochfir is a strong gun overall even leaving aside its weird aimpunch edge. For instance, it is superior to the SMG-9 in virtually every respect. It’s the most accurate SMG, and one of the harder hitting. Hard to argue that it would be “useless” if you reduced its aimpunch to the level of normal guns.

rather than nerfing hochfir, its better to buff the SMG-9.

(Guziol) #7

I’d like the aimpunch to be toned down to “i have focus augment” levels and have focus reworked. I pretty much go only for focus loadouts by now with most guns.

(GatoCommodore) #8

@Guziol said:
I’d like the aimpunch to be toned down to “i have focus augment” levels and have focus reworked. I pretty much go only for focus loadouts by now with most guns.

arent the aimpunch only deviate the crosschair 1 pixel up?

(woodchip) #9

@Guziol said:

Yeah that also seems good. Focus is at least 1/2 a ‘tier’ above all the other augments.