Nader and her explosives

(LuLNope) #1

With lower speed evading the grenades got even harder, also the time it takes for self-detonation to occur is extremely short. The problem with martyrdom (i think that’s how the self-detonation ability is called) is that it doesn’t matter what you’ll do but how ar you are from the user the moment it occurs, because there isn’t nearly enough time for human reaction and actual in-game evasion to happen. Simple solution would be to increase time from triggering to explosion by a bit for both abilities. I’d say that trying out additional 80-120ms for both would be nice. Other option would be to increase the delay between two grenades being fired from her gun and increase only the martyrdom delay by a little.

Your thoughts people?

(farsightedOrange) #2

I don’t really think the martyrdom is a problem at the moment, you just have to see that you’re fighting a Nader and keep back far enough that the blast won’t kill you. Every time I’ve died to it it’s felt like it was because I made a dumb mistake and I deserved it.

I think I’d agree with increasing the delay between firing two grenades though, it does feel like they’re a little bit too spammable at the moment. Even if you do react quickly enough to dodge the first one you still have to avoid the five more that they can chuck at you as you run

(Szakalot) #3

I think martyrdom is in a really good spot right now. Just think of nader as a close-combat merc, and don’t try to knife her or sth!

As far as grenades go, they are definitely super spammy at the moment; but rather than affecting RoF or damage, I would just decrease the maximum amount or cooldown. I think something along 3 grenades max, will allow Nader to remain effective in her role; while preventing thoughtless spamming that gets you random kills.

(son!) #4

I think nader is ok, only thing I really don’t like about her is that I can finish her with a knife but still get killed by her martyrdom.

(Mustang) #5

There is a bug where if you gib before the explosion then it still explodes.

(Soumin) #6

I dont think it is a bug, when martyrdom is used it drops the grenade and detonate after a sec (not sure if exactly 1 sec) so when you gib and the nade has been already dropped… you ded

(Diosito) #7

You need to learn to play nader (and her loadouts) if you wan’t to know how to figh/kill her and avoid her grenade launcher.

You can gib nader if you are fast and close enough to do it (or simply keep your distance and use your primary weapon)

Or if you are revived just before using martyrdom you will end up dead anyways :smiley:

(RedSerpent) #8

Martyrdom is ok, once you recognize how to avoid it, it’s not really an issue anymore.
Take away another grenade and give the nades half a second more to activate, and she should be in a good place.

(MarSouls) #9

I think Martyrdom it’s okay. She dies very easily, expecially in narrow places, and it actually works only in this situation :
-> narrow place -> they’re caged or forced to advance forward -> detonate

In other cases i found it extremely useless since majority of the maps are quite large

(ev1ldarks) #10

[quote=“Szakalot;1006”]I think martyrdom is in a really good spot right now. Just think of nader as a close-combat merc, and don’t try to knife her or sth!

As far as grenades go, they are definitely super spammy at the moment; but rather than affecting RoF or damage, I would just decrease the maximum amount or cooldown. I think something along 3 grenades max, will allow Nader to remain effective in her role; while preventing thoughtless spamming that gets you random kills.[/quote]

+1

I also see nader like a kind of kamikaze, useful to attack choke points ^^

I think cooldown is actually good, only limiting to 3 nades will be perfect :wink:

(NuclearSharkhead) #11

One nader by herself isn’t hard to deal with, 2-3 naders holding down a chokepoint/obj by alternating shots can be considerably more challenging to counter, especially since they don’t need to rely on Support for replenishing nades and they can stand their ground forever if they have healers backing them up. Their nades are completely cooldown based.

(Amerika) #12

The nades are ridiculous. I never touched the class but a few times I watched my friend play her on his Twitch stream and his strategy was very very annoying. He’d sit back and see that there is a fight. Launch nades from cover, sort of like Fragger with a cooked nade except she doesn’t have to cook and can fire multiples, and then run in and try to shoot to kill by rushing some people and if he died he’d use martyrdom and a lot of times get an extra kill or two.

The nades shouldn’t instantly explode IMO. They should always hit and bounce around a bit but give enough time for people who are paying attention to at least recognize the threat as opposed to being insta-gibbed. Same with Martyrdom. Have the grenades pop up and have audio and visual queues and give a few seconds before they explode. Nader should be used to help clear people out of areas that are cowering. Not for destroying a whole room of people when you feel like it plus compelling A LOT of people to play it as a suicide class.

So it’s not so much that nader is OP but that the play style is extremely spammy and you feel cheated when you die to it which is never a good thing. Weaken the nades and either adjust or take away martyrdom and buff in other areas and the class would be a pretty good class to use in a lot of situations with it being cheap.

(sensiblePentagon) #13

[quote=“Amerika;5131”]The nades are ridiculous. I never touched the class but a few times I watched my friend play her on his Twitch stream and his strategy was very very annoying. He’d sit back and see that there is a fight. Launch nades from cover, sort of like Fragger with a cooked nade except she doesn’t have to cook and can fire multiples, and then run in and try to shoot to kill by rushing some people and if he died he’d use martyrdom and a lot of times get an extra kill or two.

The nades shouldn’t instantly explode IMO. They should always hit and bounce around a bit but give enough time for people who are paying attention to at least recognize the threat as opposed to being insta-gibbed. Same with Martyrdom. Have the grenades pop up and have audio and visual queues and give a few seconds before they explode. Nader should be used to help clear people out of areas that are cowering. Not for destroying a whole room of people when you feel like it plus compelling A LOT of people to play it as a suicide class.

So it’s not so much that nader is OP but that the play style is extremely spammy and you feel cheated when you die to it which is never a good thing. Weaken the nades and either adjust or take away martyrdom and buff in other areas and the class would be a pretty good class to use in a lot of situations with it being cheap.[/quote]

Amerika,
here is one thing. In the closed beta proxy was op, but once they added other merc’s, she became “casual”. I think that in the future with more merc’s coming up she will be less of an issue. Also, she is pretty weak over long distances, so avoid her in close quarters.

Your Lovely Admiral DarkRadeon

Say hi to me ingame :wink:

(scrub_lord) #14

It’s just because there is a delay between client and server packets. Server says both clients were correct, so you get the gib but the Nader also gets the Martyrdom off. Same reason why you die behind cover. On your screen you ran into cover, but the player shooting you still saw you out of cover for the final shots that kill you, therefore you still die behind cover.

(melodicStroll) #15

her nade launcher should not one shot full health units. I pray for a nerf