My guide for new vassilis! (snipers)

(amberHarp) #1

Hello!
Sorry for my bad english :slight_smile:
Im pretty sure that i got now enough experiense whit vassili so i can make a guide.
Lets start this off!

1. Headshots, headshots, headshots!
    To max your damage output ALWAYS aim for the head. Not only does this kill in oneshot, it also makes your victim
    Unrevivable!

2. Gotta go fast m8!
    Vassilis are very fast and can perfom every(?) trick jump that proxy can. Use this to switch quickly your
    Position after few kills and to get away from your enemy.

3. Kill valuable targets!
    As a sniper you will actually have time to choose your target. Use this time to find medics (aura, sawbonez) and high hp charac-
    Ters like fragger.

4. Dem spotters!
    Nicely placed heart beat sensor can save your life or give you couple easy kills.
    Throw them to flanks to your position or places where you know people come from.

5. Secondary weps!
    Every secondary wep of vassili can be very effective. Sometimes you cant just run away or see them coming.
    Dont be affraid to use your sidearm against enemies!

6. Finish him!
    You can finish enemies whit one shot to head from sniper rifle. So again aim for the head, even when finishing.

7. Bodyshot 2x vs Bodyshot-Headshot
    So what if you hit the body? I prefer doing one more bodyshot. If you know that you can hit it go for the headshot.

So what have we learned?
Shoot heads, run, use your sensors, go for headshots, kill valuable targets and dont ve affraid to use your secondary.

Now go out there, and shoot some heads soldier!

So was this guide usefull? Leave some feedback!

(goodField) #2

Some further additions :slight_smile:

Don’t use the instinct that tells you to play Vasilli at the back, practice playing aggressively (Pushing on the front line with Heartbeat Sensors and your Headshot machine). Supporting your team rather than camping at the back of the objective will net you far more points.

Your Heartbeat Sensor can detect enemies through walls, floors and ceilings. Drop it at every opportunity you get.

Don’t be afraid of getting assists. In fact, that’s what the Recons in this game are truly about. Your primary weapon starting out deals 80 damage. That’s well over half of the damage to take down most of the meatier mercs, and the meatier RHINO moves so slowly that a headshot is easier to score, sinking 160 damage into him. This can keep people from pushing onto objective and makes them far more likely to withdraw, or charge head long into an easily lost fight against your teammates.

Gratuitous Auto-Aim-Assist. This game has it. Don’t be afraid to twitch fire.

Wall-jump and Trick Jump. Vasilli is one of the few mercs who has access to the Triple Jump Augment. Use it to juke, flank, and escape at every opportunity.

The PDP-70 is a great gun. Get used to using it and you’ll have trouble playing much else. There’s no shame in the Auto-Snipers here.

(Lumi) #3

[quote=“goodField;25510”]

The PDP-70 is a great gun. Get used to using it and you’ll have trouble playing much else. There’s no shame in the Auto-Snipers here.[/quote]

I prefer the Felix much more!!! Just so much damage!

Also, for all the quickscopers out there (shame on you), there is a delay between aiming down sights and shooting (at least with the Felix rifle). So be attentive to that!

(scrub_lord) #4

Which auto pistol does everyone consider to be the best?

(Boto 1ava) #5

[quote=“satisfyingCove;26015”]

Also, for all the quickscopers out there (shame on you), there is a delay between aiming down sights and shooting (at least with the Felix rifle). So be attentive to that![/quote]

Still can quickscope even with the delay though

(Lumi) #6

I think that depending on loadout card you can either have a pistol or one out of two auto pistols. But check this page out for stats on those (might be outdated though):

dirtybomb.gamepedia.com/Weapons

(KINE) #7

[quote=“amberHarp;10526”]
4. Dem spotters!
Nicely placed heart beat sensor can save your life or give you couple easy kills.[/quote]

No.

You use your one and only ability for the team. Not for yourself. Information helps your team make better decisions, protect C4 better, ambush respawn routes, give early warning in case of flankers, enemy engi ninja repairing EVs etc.